Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 03:45 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Explain how it could be seen as racist if you describe a White person as shucking & jiving?
Honestly it sounds like you have your mind made up. What's the point of any Republican interjecting with their point of view?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 03:46 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Wasn't aware that timing diminished the importance of such an historic event. You got your answer, Republicans freed the slaves, is there anything else you'd like to add?
So by your logic, I can call you a racist, since historically White people in VA were racist?

Old 10-25-2012, 03:48 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Here's what i'm doing to make you understand i'm not a racist: I'm asking you and every other black person to denounce Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Julian Bond, Ben Jealous, Maxine Waters, John Lewis, the entire Congressional Black Congress, etc. to prove to us that you really are concerned about racists in our society. These whoppers don't deserve your worship, but yet you do it anyway.

Until you can unshackle yourselves from those who insist you remain the Lowest Common Denominator, I see no reason to take your recalcitrance against conservatives seriously.
Hey i am white and i say you are full of hooey. Just because someone is black it sure doesn't mean all blacks agree with them. You need to clean your own republican house before you tell black people or any race what they need to do!

Old 10-25-2012, 03:48 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Honestly it sounds like you have your mind made up. What's the point of any Republican interjecting with their point of view?
What point of view? I'm asking what have Republicans done to convince Blacks that they aren't a party of racists? There's not much a POV there b/c facts are facts. The best you could come up w/ was freeing slaves. Almost 150 years ago.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:51 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times
Quote:
What point of view? I'm asking what have Republicans done to convince Blacks that they aren't a party of racists? There's not much a POV there b/c facts are facts.
Feel free to read their party platform online and find out if they're a racist party or not for yourself.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:51 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Who founded the KKK?

Old 10-25-2012, 03:57 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,353 times
You want to know what this conservative and most conservatives I know do to show we are not racists? How about treat you exactly the same as we do everybody else? I know for some reason some of you want to be talked down to, demeaned, and have tests set up on lower standards for african americans, but I find that much more racist then someone using a couple of words that have lost most of their meaning over the last few decades.

By the way how is it that democrats have had KKK members representing their party in congress, yet republicans and conservatives are the racists?

Old 10-25-2012, 04:00 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Default Something out of nothing.

Quote:
So I'll ask again, since every time I do the Republicans on here remain eerily silent: WHAT ARE REPUBLICANS DOING TO MAKE BLACK PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE NOT A PARTY OF RACIST?
YOU ARE OUT OF THE TREE ON THIS...

'shucking & jiving' which I grew up hearing in the East coast as a kid referred to a person "being full of it and a liar to get their way".

Urban Dictionary: shuck and jive

This has nothing to do with race which makes me think you are being the racist calling this racism when this is not.
It is not nice to play a race card where it doesn't exist.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:02 PM

15,086 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Lol... another one of you Conservative posers that claim you would have embraced MLK's message, yet anytime a charge to denounce racist language comes up, you're the first ones to say that's racist. Keep at it...
No, I think the general sentiment covers three main points:

1) Grow up and quit acting like 5 year olds ..... Mommy .... Billy said a bad word again

2) For those who see racism everywhere, they cannot be satisfied, because people who see things that aren't there will not believe you when you tell them it isn't there.

3) Only racists are so preoccupied and consumed by racism. Non racists rarely give much of a thought to racism ... they have other things on their mind.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:04 PM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Well, I'm black and happily Republican. I'm going to say it if no one else will. The majority of black Americans are far too ignorant and brainwashed to ever become Republicans. I've seen and heard more than I can bear of the reasons they vote Democrat. And it is nothing but pure ignorance. They see themselves as a skin color, a monolithic culture, and nothing else. Most are conservative but consistently vote against their own values. They don't study the history of their party or the policies and issues they support. Most of them are simply generational voters but try to act like they know what their talking about when it comes to the issues in the current political platform. They vote for anyone with a D in front of their name and accuse anyone who is Republican of being racist. It doesn't matter what black politician they see is a Republican, they will come up with the stupidest reasons of why they are Republican and resort to name calling like uncle toms or sell-outs. The list just goes on and on. I'm entirely sick of it and that's one of the reasons I thank God everyday that I woke up out of that crap. Republicans don't have to do anything to "draw in" black people. This is a party of free-thinking individuals who take responsibility for themselves and want to reap the fruits of their labor. We don't see color. Black-Americans and the Democrat Party are a party of people that want others to take care of them and they have a group-think mentality and ONLY see color. Even though it's been almost 50-60 years with the Democrat Party having done NOTHING to improve the black community, they still vote for them. There is nothing that Republicans can do to help helpless people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections