Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 09:21 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
This falls under treason. Part of treason is the betrayal of trust or confidence; breach of faith," which is exactly what has happened - not just in Libya either. That's why his new campaign strategy is about trust. He knows he doesn't deserve any trust whatsoever but he's out begging for it. It's quite pathetic.
That has nothing to do with the legal definition of treason. You're out of your mind...Wow!

Treason is "breach of faith".....LOL What planet are you from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 09:30 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
This falls under treason. Part of treason is the betrayal of trust or confidence; breach of faith," which is exactly what has happened - not just in Libya either. That's why his new campaign strategy is about trust. He knows he doesn't deserve any trust whatsoever but he's out begging for it. It's quite pathetic.
Uh - you need to read the constitution.

"Treason against the United states, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

- U.S. Constitution, Article III, Section 3.

Nothing in there about betrayal of confidence or faith. I agree that the president doesn't deserve a second term - but I don't see any impeachable offense coming out of the Benghazi debacle - even though he mishandled it - and he certainly is not guilty of treason.

(Waits for the liberals heads to explode - Harrier is supporting President Obama)?

Yes - I can not let false allegations stand - especially when it comes to treason.

Treason is clearly defined - and the president is not a traitor.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:31 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
That has nothing to do with the legal definition of treason. You're out of your mind...Wow!

I would contend that Obama is not guilty of treason, but simply gross incompetence which has resulted in the deaths of US citizens.

If Obama is re-elected (which is unlikely) he will certainly face an investigation and charges for impeachment as a result of clear incompetence, which is clearly verified by internal documents. It is pretty clear cut.

This would result in not only a defamation and reduction in the competence of the government and the executive office, but would result in the installment of Joe Biden as chief executive- a man who has shown volatile behavior and has suffered a frontal lobe ischemic event.

We are in deep trouble and cannot possibly afford an Obama re-election. Fortunately, this is very unlikely to occur. If, in the event of the impossible, and that Obama is re-elected, the nation will face several years of political and economic strife that will put it in the category of a third world nation.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:34 PM

993 posts, read 831,750 times
Quote:

That is part of treason and when it happens to the degree it did in the Libya situation it is turning on your own country. I believe he turned on his own country, too, when he stood in front of the UN and made a complete jackass of himself by pretty much apologizing for free speech, and taking up for a bunch or murderers because he said they got their feelings hurt over some stupid video.

Last edited by Gal from the South; 10-25-2012 at 10:02 PM..

Old 10-25-2012, 09:35 PM

24,399 posts, read 26,946,756 times
If you think Obama should be impeached, than Bush DEFINITELY should have been impeached. Lied about the reason going into Iraq that resulted in thousands of dead Americans.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
If you think Obama should be impeached, than Bush DEFINITELY should have been impeached. Lied about the reason going into Iraq that resulted in thousands of dead Americans.
Obama should be impeached for an unconstitutional use of the armed forces in Libya.

That would be a slam dunk.

But Congress is so corrupt, they are complicit in his crime.

http://www.salon.com/2011/06/18/libya_10/

Old 10-25-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
That is part of treason and when it happens to the degree it did in the Libya situation it is turning on your own country. I believe he turned on his own country, too, when he stood in front of the UN and made a complete jackass of himself by pretty much apologizing for free speech, and taking up for a bunch or murderers because he said they got their feelings hurt over some stupid video. What an idiot and a liar and a poor excuse for a president.
Sigh - go read post #20 - and definitely find a copy of the constitution (I have three lying around my room - I would be happy to give you one at your request) - and read Article III, Section 3.

The president did not commit treason.

Obama re-election vs impeachment over Libya

Old 10-25-2012, 09:38 PM

993 posts, read 831,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What phony birth certificate?

President Obama was born in Honolulu, HI.

Get that clear and drop the birther nonsense.

Acknowledging that the man is eligible to be president does not mean that you must support him.
This: http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...-long-form.pdf is a phony birth certificate that Obama claims is a true copy but it's been computer altered. Maybe he born in Hawaii even though he claimed for decades he lived in Kenya. I don't know. All I know is that the document has been pieced together with a computer and so no one knows what's true and what isn't. But this is for another thread. Feel free to join the other one if pad starts it. Do you know computer graphics? If so, this might be fun for you, too.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Obama should be impeached for an unconstitutional use of the armed forces in Libya.

That would be a slam dunk.

But Congress is so corrupt, they are complicit in his crime.

Obama rejects top lawyers’ legal views on Libya - Salon.com
I agree that violating the War Powers Act is grounds for impeachment - but it is unlikely to happen.

Better to just elect Mitt Romney.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I don't think lying to the public is a crime, but wiretapping US citizens without judicial oversight is.

He could easily have been impeached for that. But here again, Congress allows law breaking by elites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections