Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 12:50 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times

Advertisements

The political system is a way for differing groups to hash it out without resorting to violence as a means to win power. You'd have to change competitive human nature to change the political environment.

Some people can't handle the rough and tumble world of politics and this forum is FAR from rough and tumble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 12:54 PM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I'll break the love fest.

The GOP has made is very clear from the beginning of Obama's term that they wanted him to fail, and they would work overtime to deny him ANY successes. All of this while we all are enduring the worst financial meltdown in 80 years, largely for following their laissez faire policies. And all the while making sure to grovel before Grover Norquist, in other words, they'd rather screw the other guy or go down on a lobbyist than do their jobs for the American people.

Screw them and the horses they rode up on.

Now, at election, if they are rewarded for that horrific behavior, why in the world should I play nice? Why should I jump in and throw my support behind Romney/Ryan?! It is all about winning, right? They are the enemy, and they can rot in hell before getting my support and their supporters can too. I will do everthing I can to ensure they fail, you cant bet on it. You reap what you sow.

Now, if Obama wins, we can call it all poetic justice. The GOP will have failed in large part because of their disgraceful, hateful behavior. And hopefully the GOP will learn to never act so rotten again, at least in my lifetime. We will respond in kind and might actually support the opposing party's candidates and presidents once they have been elected. I might even consider someone like Huntsman, if the Dems are dumb enough to run Hillary Clinton. That will not happen in 2012. I want the GOP to fail far more than I want Obama to win. It is about principles, or in this case, their absolute absence among the GOP during Obama's whole first term.

1st 2 years of obamas term he had both houses. He could have gotten anything he wanted passed. He didnt need 1 single republican vote. Obama care is the only thing he got passed. Put the blame where it belongs- the demacrats. There was no reason the Demacrats didnt pass their whole agenda except they are all talk no action. They didnt know what they wanted to do first and couldnt agree amounst themselves what their priorities were. That they finally rushed thru obama care without reading it first shows that their priorities were messed up. If that was their top agenda they should have had it set to vote in first 6 months. Whàt else did they do in those 2 yrs? I am happy they didnt get any of those things done. But to blame the republicans for the democrats ineptitide is not trueful.

Old 10-28-2012, 01:38 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,759,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
1st 2 years of obamas term he had both houses. He could have gotten anything he wanted passed. He didnt need 1 single republican vote. Obama care is the only thing he got passed. Put the blame where it belongs- the demacrats. There was no reason the Demacrats didnt pass their whole agenda except they are all talk no action. They didnt know what they wanted to do first and couldnt agree amounst themselves what their priorities were. That they finally rushed thru obama care without reading it first shows that their priorities were messed up. If that was their top agenda they should have had it set to vote in first 6 months. Whàt else did they do in those 2 yrs? I am happy they didnt get any of those things done. But to blame the republicans for the democrats ineptitide is not trueful.
Don't yank my chain with this bs. Here's your man. This REALLY pisses me off.

Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube

So does this:

The Pledge: Grover Norquist's hold on the GOP - 60 Minutes - CBS News

Who would try to apply for a position as an airplane pilot who had pledged to only turn the plane to the right? It is absurd, yet we have 270 congressman, including Mr. Ryan, McConnell, and Boehner who have done just that. Oh, and Romney has signed Norquist's pledge too! Give me a break. These people are an abject disgrace.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:11 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,690 times
Romney has a 4 year free pass to act like a retard by evoking the "We inherited this economy" clause.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:13 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Romney has a 4 year free pass to act like a retard by evoking the "We inherited this economy" clause.
Yeah - but unlike President Obama - he won't use the pass.

President Romney will roll up his sleeves and get to work on January 21 - and fix the problem

On January 21, 2009 - Presdent Obama was still blaming his predecessor.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:51 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
The C-D pledge to unite after election thread
Never mind.

I thought it said "ignite."

Signed....

A Pyromaniac

Old 10-28-2012, 03:11 PM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Don't yank my chain with this bs. Here's your man. This REALLY pisses me off.

Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube

So does this:

The Pledge: Grover Norquist's hold on the GOP - 60 Minutes - CBS News

Who would try to apply for a position as an airplane pilot who had pledged to only turn the plane to the right? It is absurd, yet we have 270 congressman, including Mr. Ryan, McConnell, and Boehner who have done just that. Oh, and Romney has signed Norquist's pledge too! Give me a break. These people are an abject disgrace.
Just because a minority leader who has no power at all for 2 yrs says he wants to obstruct doesnt mean he can. Its like when my kids say they want something... If i dont want to buy it for them theres nothing they can do about it but complain and threaten. For 2 yrs the dems were the adults and the reps were the kids. All the adults could do is gripe and finally pass obama care without even looking at it. Plus they pushed most of it off till 2 yrs later. Name one other big item they wanted that they didnt even vote on. How about a budget? They had 2 yrs to pass one. They couldnt even do that. The reps had nothing to do with that. If the reps had so much power how did obama care get passed. If they had this power obama care would never have been voted on.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:14 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,761,042 times
President Romney on January 21st? Is Mitt Romney legally changing his name to "President" that day or something?

Old 10-28-2012, 03:37 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Yup sounds familiar.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:39 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,711 times
I have no interest in "uniting" with the hateful leftwing posters here. They are to be defeated and ignored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections