Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 11:31 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times

Advertisements

Pubs or Regressives are incapable of taking the high road, which is why they are Republican in the first place.

President Obama has weathered the storm that defines their petty criticism, and he STANDS SUPREME.

The posters here who post petty nonsense have been IGNORED by me, and I encourage others to do the same. They don't matter.

Enjoy President Obama's second term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 11:38 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I am starting this thread because I am sick of the infighting on these boards. I propose that after the election regardless who wins we pledge to keep our citizism of the president to policy issues only. Family, religous beliefs, personal beliefs to right to life or pro choice, where a president was born, etc should be kept off these boards. We need to unite behind whoever wins.

There is still plenty to complain about. Size of goverment, apppointees, green energy etc... This are not attack issues based on the person. They are policy based. If we continue to be devided we will fall.

The lies and hate coming out is getting worse by the day from both sides and if it continues it will pull us apart.

Please join me in pledging to keep it in house. Dont bring the personal attacks to C-D. Keep it policy based.
Can you forward this to the moderators?

Old 11-09-2012, 07:47 AM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,665 times
Bump

Old 11-09-2012, 07:51 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Pubs or Regressives are incapable of taking the high road, which is why they are Republican in the first place.

President Obama has weathered the storm that defines their petty criticism, and he STANDS SUPREME.

The posters here who post petty nonsense have been IGNORED by me, and I encourage others to do the same. They don't matter.

Enjoy President Obama's second term.
Yes, we must all do the patriotic thing, pitch in, and help President Obama deal with the mess he inherited from himself. It is not helpful to ascribe base motivations to those who do not agree with you.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:37 AM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,665 times
This board has turned into name calling and accusations.

I am sick of it! Obama for better or worse is our president! I say give him all he wants! If he is right good for him and us because the country will be saved! If hes wrong and we go into a depression because of his policies then the republicans can come riding in and save us.

If I was running the republican party I would start pushing a new platform of

A revamp of the tax system with a new form of a fair tax.

A strong education on how smaller goverment is better than bigger

A call for everyone in this country to be US citizens! That means all illegals be made legal today! Take control of this from Obama.

A call for the base to take the issue of right to life off the agenda as a main issie in the party. This hot bottom is a deathnell to canidates and a big stumpling with the media. It is ok to say that i believe in the right of a life to be born and thats all i will say about the issue when asked. When pushed defect, thats what Dems do when asked about abortion.

Explain the hand up instead of hand out! This should be the Republicans main issue. Talk about helping the poor find jobs, increase their education and get off the goverment check. Talk self esteem and pride in work.

Push the Demacrats to pass and follow a balanced budget. Push this in the media every day!

Push to bring all our troops home right now! Flip the switch on Obama who promised this 4 yrs ago. Have him have to explain why we are fighting still in many places.

Push the drone issue! The illegal drone attacks on foreigners. How this causes hatred of US.

Push for better adoption laws that get americans adopting more americam babies instead of looking overseas. Push adoption laws to help same sex couples to adopt! Flip this issue too. Show that the republican party is the party of familes regardless if its man and women or man and man. Push committed relationships and that dems can be party of broken families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections