Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 11:20 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Please provide me with that quote. Because I'm pretty sure Romney NEVER said any such thing.
In case you are really interested in what the Mythster actually said, well, until now.

Did Mitt Romney suggest eliminating FEMA? - CSMonitor.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 11:26 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,766,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleynj View Post
Romney will win because he is the better candidate, it will have nothing to do with the storm.
Personally, if there were THREE choices, and one was that patch of Killer Pond Scum in Creepshow II, then I'd choose it over the Greaseball or the Commie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yST...eature=related (I mean, here we see the Pond Scum giving four little druggies exactly the 'rehab' they need and deserve, so, right there, It is a decisive improvement over the other candidates, and over all recent Presidents)

But given the ONE choice, I'm goin' for Mr. Greazy. I mean, America has survived many head-fulls of hair oil in the Oval Office, and will probably survive this one. We packed away our TVs after the last election, and so my urge to wrestle a certain someone to the ground and give him a good shampooing (like he did to that hapless chap in prep school, to whose hair he took exception)... well, that urge would only be summoned when I walked past a TV at the gym. Someone said that Chairman Mao did not have the sense to run a lemonade stand. Well, Romney has a lot more sense than it takes to run a lemonade stand, and so, if we can't have Killer Pond Scum, then I'll settle for His Greaziness.

However, I think that a combination of 'perfect storm', plus engineered 'widespread looting', could be parlayed into postponement of the Election, and implementation of Martial Law, with the long-predicted aftermath... On the bright side, both candidates work for the same bunch of globalist puppeteers, and so one is only exponentially worse than the other.

"Interesting times" may be here sooner than we thought.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 10-30-2012 at 12:00 PM..

Old 10-30-2012, 11:30 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Romney isn't going to win any of the states effected by this storm, except maybe New Hampshire.

I'm not expecting much out of a cat 1 storm.

We'll see.
You're one of the more sensible posters around here.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:49 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,442,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Neither one Jack ......... While you would be pizzin your pants I just send them up the closest tree and hiss, to teach them all about mankind..

By the way storm or no storm Obama must GO!

Whatever you say mr. Survivalist

Old 10-30-2012, 11:51 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
The OP's implication is that poor and lower middle class Dems won't have time to get to the polls. I think the other Obamatrons agree but don't want to publicly say it. It won't matter in New England but could matter in the Philly 'burbs and in Eastern Ohio.
No where in my OP I mention anything about income.

Many earlier in this thread claim this storm was no big issue because of it Cat 1 status or would only effect those who live near the water.
As everyone including this post see a Hurricane effects people inland like PA and Ohio both inland states.

Also it was stated there will be little electrical outage but there is already 7.5 million without power and the storm is far from over and only a mere fraction of that will be restored in 6 days. If the effected states still had hanging chads then maybe power outage wouldn't be a problem.
Also in the Outer banks of NC the only main road in the area is either washed out or covered in sand and have no way to polls.

So I still stand by earlier post that I think effected states the governor of those states should delay the election so that all voters can exercise their right to vote.

I think it funny Romney the flip flopper is meeting with FEMA the agency he mentioned about gutting the funding.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 10-30-2012 at 12:10 PM..

Old 10-30-2012, 12:06 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post

Also it was stated there will be little electrical outage but there is already 75 million without power.........
75 million? Why not claim 1 billion or a 3 gazillion if you are not going for accuaracy?

Old 10-30-2012, 12:08 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
No where in my OP I mention anything about income.

Many earlier in this thread claim this storm was no big issue because of it Cat 1 status or would only effect those who live near the water.
As everyone including this post see a Hurricane effects people inland like PA and Ohio both inland states.

Also it was stated there will be little electrical outage but there is already 75 million without power and the storm is far from over and I only a mear fraction of that will be restored in 6 days. If the effected states still had hanging chads then maybe power outage wouldn't be a problem.
Also in the Outer banks of NC the only main road in the area is either washed out or covered in sand and have no way to polls.

So I still stand by earlier post that I think effected states the governor of those states should delay the election so that all voters can exercise their right to vote.

I think it funny Romney the flip flopper is meeting with FEMA the agency he mentioned about gutting the funding.
I gave up a while ago trying to keep up with the many faces of Mitt. Anybody who believes they know what he stands for, beyond privilege, are fooling themselves in my opinion.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:10 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,759,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
75 million? Why not claim 1 billion or a 3 gazillion if you are not going for accuaracy?
Im guessing the poster forgot the decimal point.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post

Its 7.5 million

and here your accuracy. Superstorm Sandy's death toll climbs to 38; 7.5 million without power » Abilene Reporter-News

Point is, there no way that can be restored by election day.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:21 PM

The best thing the President should do is continue daily himself giving briefings of what is going with the storm and let his VP and others do the campaigning.

This will force Mitt to keep quiet or he would look political verses a leader as part of the nation is in a crisis.

Personally I want this election to be over as I could vomit hearing another political ad.
We need to stand together and help our brothers and sisters of this nation who are dealing with a difficult time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections