Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 09:00 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,659 times

Advertisements

Stephen King has been quoted as saying “The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool.” This fits Obama supporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 09:02 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Romney was the son of an automobile company CEO and governor of Michigan--how many of us got a start in life like that? Or were all of your father's CEOs?

He was able to go to Harvard without needing scholarships or financial aid.

Anne's father was a wealthy industrialist.

They have never had to worry about all the things many of us do:

being laid off, paying the rent, losing health insurance, student loan debt, losing your home, surviving solely on Social Security ----Romney doesn't care about maintaining the safety net for the other 99 % of Americans because he grew up with and has always had a ready-made built in safety net of affluence and connections.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:03 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
They know it is true, although I first heard that phrase used about the idiot frat boy from Texas.
Sheen is from Texas?

Old 10-29-2012, 09:14 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Maybe if he had started rich and blown it all you'd have something....

Old 10-29-2012, 09:15 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Sheen can't even write his own comments, he just steals them from Barry Switzer who made the statement in the '80s. Obama needs a teleprompter, and Sheen needs someone else to write his comments.

Neither are much worth a tinkersdamn.
What's wrong with quoting other people

Old 10-29-2012, 09:36 PM

210 posts, read 269,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Maybe if he had started rich and blown it all you'd have something....

You're right. Because we were all born rich amirite?

Old 10-29-2012, 09:56 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icametodropbombs View Post
You're right. Because we were all born rich amirite?
Not me.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:00 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post

Plus -- Sheen isn't even his real name -- it's Estevez..
Actually, he changed his name when he became an actor. He took the name Sheen to honor Bishop Fulton J. Sheen, a man he greatly admired.

Sheen is pro-life, devoutly religious and has been married to the same woman for over 50 years. Were he not a liberal the conservatives would place him on a pedestal and beg him to run for public office.

Sheen's right, BTW. Romney has no idea how regular, working people live. He was born to great wealth and will die without ever having punched a time clock or worried about his job. He's never been afraid he can't put food on the table for his family. He's never worried about how he'll pay for his kid to see a doctor. He's never had to pinch pennies to take his family to see a ball game on Saturday afternoon. His own children will never have to worry. They're all set because they have a multi-million dollar tax-free trust in place for them. Nice, huh? The Romneys have a great act. Live the life of the ultra-wealthy and make people think they're regular folk. You have to hand it to them. They know how enjoy the fruits of capitalism and use the tax code to their advantage.

Romney is a guy who chose his religion over his country and who didn't think bin Laden was worth killing. He has as much in common with the average American as the man in the moon. And he's gotten the Republican party to buy into what he's selling. P.T. Barnum would have loved the guy.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 10-29-2012 at 10:19 PM..

Old 10-29-2012, 10:28 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Why should I care if Romney was born into a well-to-do family? Is there something wrong with that?
I couldn't care less what kind of family Mitt or any other politician was born into. FDR was from old old money. He was a patrician but it did not prevent him from caring a great deal for the poor people he represented. It's not where Romney came from that I don't like. It's what the man believes in and stands for today that I abhor. He said it himself on many occasions. "I'm not concerned about the poor in the country and the comments about the 47% of Americans who are lazy no good for nothings. That is why I dispise the man. His true constitutency is the less than 1% uber wealthy Americans who will do anything at all to maintain their exalted position and if it ruined the entire country to do it, well so be it. Anyone who can`t see through all the BS and see this real position of the GOP is blind, deaf and dumb and stupid to boot.

Another thing about Romney is his total lack of honesty in anything at all. I don`t think the man is capable of telling the truth even if the truth made him look good. Lying dishonesty is just his default position. His entire existence has been based on BS and lying for so long there is no truth left in the man.

AS for all this complete crap about Romney doing good deeds and giving money to charity. It means nothing at all. If you have read enough history of the Third Reich you would know that Hitler was very kind to children, gave money to charity and loved animals, especially dogs. Hey, he`s got Mitt beat in the dog loving department anyway. So, based on the weird reasoning of many Romney supporters, those good deeds should have ment that Hitler would make a good leader and was someone who deserved your vote.

I have seen some pretty bad presidential nominees in my day but none anywhere near as bad as this stuffed shirt. His vision for the country is a disaster waiting to happen. He`s worse by far than GW Bush in so many ways and we all know what a roaring success old Bushy was!!!!

If you Americans elect this clown it will confirm my worst fears that the USA is a country full of complete ignoramuses who will gladly vote against their own interests.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:55 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So you get your advise from Hollywood? That's quite telling.
It is advice not at advise.

When you said "Actors are for entertainment, not political advise. They are like babies and puppy dogs... they make us laugh but are not to be taken seriously" I assumed you were talking about the talking heads on Fox News. You really don't think they believe what they selling do you? In either case, I am not good with taking advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections