Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 12:22 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,505,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Either that or you ignored it because it didn't fit your narrative.
Either that or because its true.

My guess is most who voted for McCain who don't like Romney are going third party or for Mickey Mouse/Writein.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 12:25 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,839,164 times
Quote:
If you are a moderate Republican you are no longer welcome in your party. Many of them will be voting for Obama--we've seen that reflected on this board.
All we've heard from left wing kooks is how Romney moved to the middle of the road, but now all of a sudden, moderates dont exist.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:26 PM

20,393 posts, read 12,284,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
What has been really upsetting to me this election cycle has been the overt insults from the white right toward everyone else. The dependent classes, the takers vs. the makers, the 47%, government aparach etc. I don't recall Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, George W. Bush or Reagan or Bush I being so divisive, and showing such transparent contempt for large swaths of the population. Despite what I thought of his flawed foreign and economic policies, I never felt that W was racist or sexist. He seemed to like most people.

This election cycle, it is as if there are supposedly the good Americans and the bad Americans. I recall Sarah Palin playing this game in 2008, and I did not like it then. I am a hardworking, rural, white, christian, straight guy, but I really don't see myself as more American than a gay, Vietnamese, urban woman. I just don't care for this view of America, but judging by the Romney vs. Obama voters, it is as if the Repubs are very, very white, and the Dems are everyone else. I am having hard time seeing how the GOP has embraced a John Birch Society type platform in 2012.

Where did this new narrative come from, and whose idea was it? I cannot see it being a smart or very civil strategy over the long term.
/\=partisian goofery

Mitt Romney has been accusing of killing some poor woman. of being a robber baron. of being a criminal felon, all by the Barak Obama campaign.

Democrats to this day call GWB a war criminal. The chant "Bush Lied People Died" has failed to end even after 4 years after his presidency ended.

and you want to call Republicans Devisive?

Get the tree out of your eye before you start talking about the splinter in the other guys.

good grief.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:29 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,578,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
What a load of crap. Only far left loons think like this.
The overly sensitive types who find racism, discrimination and persecution in EVERYTHING ! I don't believe in cruelty but political correctness has dissolved into the absurd.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:30 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,578,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Seems like more race-baiting, as we know there are no shortage of whites on welfare and other assistance, while there are several high-profile Black and Latino Republicans, even tea-party types.

Yes, things have gotten very divisive but all evidence I've seen shows this is mostly due to Obama administration class-warfare attitudes and the far-left and many Obama supporters pulling the race card and accusing anyone who doesn't support Obama or is critical of his administration's performance of being a "racist."
Best post on this thread.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:50 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,818,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
All we've heard from left wing kooks is how Romney moved to the middle of the road, but now all of a sudden, moderates dont exist.
Romney hasn't moved to the middle of the road, he's careened from one side to the other, depending on the day of the week, the audience in front of him and what the polls tell him is the popular answer at the moment. And if you think moderates are still welcome in today's GOP you obviously have never heard the term RINO.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:56 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,571,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Where did this new narrative come from, and whose idea was it? I cannot see it being a smart or very civil strategy over the long term.
Obama was willing to incite civil unrest to win re-election? Consider these typical words from his October 25 rally in Las Vegas:

"You can choose to turn the clock back 50 years for women and immigrants and gays. Or in this election you can stand up for the principle that America includes everybody".

Everybody? Really? You mean everyone unless you are successful. Remember the very people that Obama attacks (women, immigrants, gays, black) consist of successful people. They are being attacked right along side Mitt Romney who is also demonized for his success.

The Obama campaign target audience is of fear-inducing to the uninformed, emotion-driven, and dominated in their thinking by entitlement greed, rather than by considerations of right and wrong.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:04 PM

30,133 posts, read 23,515,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You're hallucinating. I've seen several say they voted for 0bama but will now vote for Romney. I don't believe I've seen a single Republican say they're voting for 0bama. Maybe I just missed it.
I'm a Republican who has been annoyed by the GOP in the last year.

And I'm NOT voting for that mess in the WH. I have not seen a single Republican say it, either.

Saying it doesn't make it true, libs.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:06 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,571,549 times
Quote:
Romney hasn't moved to the middle of the road, he's careened from one side to the other, depending on the day of the week, the audience in front of him and what the polls tell him is the popular answer at the moment. And if you think moderates are still welcome in today's GOP you obviously have never heard the term RINO.
Obama claims you can trust him to do what he says he will do and he has the record to prove it

Transparancy: Think passing ObamaCare at midnight on Christmas Eve. Think Benghazi and Fast and Furious.

There are more ex-lobbyists working for the Obama administration than in the Bush administration.

He said he would cut the deficit in half. We all know how that turned out.

He said he would create 5 million green energy jobs. How many went bankrupt now. I lost count.

He said he would be the most fiscally conservative president since Eisenhower.

Ahh here is my favorite....He said his presidency would usher in a new era of civility and the end of ethnic divisiveness.

Many many more...

Obama's trust record has gotten so bad that one of America's foremost economists and political analysts, Thomas Sowell refers to Obama as "America's Deceiver in Chief."

Old 10-30-2012, 01:17 PM

14,561 posts, read 22,960,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
What a load of crap. Only far left loons think like this.
I'm not far left. I'm actually a registered independent and moderate who has been a member of both parties at one time or another and there is a significant amount of truth to what the OP is saying, and it's a big reason why I turned my back on the GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections