Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 10:39 AM

76,823 posts, read 47,136,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Do you know? Please, tell us!
Sure, read the link.

Please, allow me to summarize:

Mitt Romney's track record:

- Gun bans
- Pro abotrion
- Pro gay unions
- Big spending
- Socialized health care
- Job creation 3rd worst in the nation
- Believes in global warming
- Says "cap & tax" is good for business
- Bragged about how much tax payer money he was able to extract for the olympics
- Pro stem cell research
- Supports ethanol subsidies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 10:40 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,495,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sorry, but Mitt Romney is nothing like Reagan. How was Reagan liberal?

The only liberal thing about Reagan was his belief that recessions can be defeated by massive government spending, and in his case it worked.
Then you don't know much about Reagan. Do some reading.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Then you don't know much about Reagan. Do some reading.
I read, which is why I know.

If you want to argue that Reagan was a raving liberal, the floor is yours. Please begin.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:56 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,193,666 times
Default Reality Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
How about amnesty for 3 million illegal aliens? Does that sound like something that would fly for today's conservatives?

That hits a nerve. Reagan signed the last amnesty bill into law and Nixon supported the Community Action Program. Yes it would fly.

Republicans when it is all said and done, suck it up and move the ball forward. Although our present Congress, both parties, is a disaster happening like a wreck in slow motion.

Obama by-passed Congress and went right to the people which didn't do the nation any good. Our system doesn't work that way. And this is coming from a Democrat for god's sake.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:19 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,411,299 times
Quote:
Sorry, but Mitt Romney is nothing like Reagan. How was Reagan liberal?

The only liberal thing about Reagan was his belief that recessions can be defeated by massive government spending, and in his case it worked.
Reagan would be a liberal by the GOP's standards today, but that's about it.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:20 PM

Default Not the girl you wanted to take to the dance, but ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yes, the Tea Party is what would worry me too with a Romney presidency. He can't stand up to the radical far right as a candidate, so what would make me believe he could do so as president? At one time he might have been a moderate, but he's been play-acting the role of a "severe conservative" for so long now I wonder if he remembers who his is any more. The good news is, after Tuesday he has the rest of his life to try to figure that out as a private citizen.
If Romney does beat a sitting president it's my guess that he will act the same way as all those other multimillionaires I worked for in my life. They don't lose. If he says he will turn this ship of state around, he will do it. It won't be pretty, and he will cut with a broad sword, front and back without too much concern about party politics. Hasn't anyone gotten it? He isn't a flip-flopper, he just wants to win. Based on my experience what he will do won't please many people but I think he will stay within the Constitution and existing law. Doesn't it bother anyone that Obama's auto bailout plan for GM zipped the shareholders and bond holders and forced the board to approve production of the heavily subsidized VOLT which is a dud (which by the way is GM's second attempt at an electric car).

<http://www.helium.com/items/1589442-how-general-motors-went-through-the-bankruptcy-process>

Old 11-03-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Reagan would be a liberal by the GOP's standards today, but that's about it.
Even tax cuts are too liberal for these guys, but then again the current GOP is not conservative, they are something else. Even they don't know what they are. What kind of party runs a big goverment liberal against a sitting Dem, all the while screaming about how liberal the Dem is?

Old 11-03-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
If Romney does beat a sitting president it's my guess that he will act the same way as all those other multimillionaires I worked for in my life. They don't lose. If he says he will turn this ship of state around, he will do it. It won't be pretty, and he will cut with a broad sword, front and back without too much concern about party politics. Hasn't anyone gotten it? He isn't a flip-flopper, he just wants to win. Based on my experience what he will do won't please many people but I think he will stay within the Constitution and existing law.
I am glad you know what Romney would do, because no one else does, because he refuses to tell.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
I am glad you know what Romney would do, because no one else does, because he refuses to tell.

Yes. We live in strange times brother.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:59 AM

Default Romney's Evil Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Yes. We live in strange times brother.

We all know that was Romney's evil twin saying all those god awful things; no one could be that stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections