Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 09:06 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times

Advertisements

Yes, Republicans PLEASE vote for Gary Johnson!

XOXO President Obama supporters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 09:08 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuggy24g View Post
As it stands today either Romney or Obama is going to win. Also most people might not even know who Gary Johnson is. Well first off I ask if you would take a look at voting Gary Johnson. Now voting third party is not a wasted vote. Your voting for the best person you feel is right for the job. Also your vote could make history this election cycle if you do decided to vote for Gary Johnson.
Really? You think Johnson is the best?

Better than any other current or former Governor? Better than any cabinet member, current or former? Better than any member or former member of the Senate, House? Better than any current or former mayor or diplomat or general/admiral or other citizen?

My point is, if you really want to vote for "the best person you feel is right for the job", why not write that person's name in?

Seems pretty coincidental that this ideal candidate you imagine just happens to be the Libertartian Party nominee this time around...

Old 11-01-2012, 09:20 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
I'm voting for Johnson on 11/6.

I'm not a Republican, I voted for Obama in 08. So one less vote for him. Can't stand voting for Romney either.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:57 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Or vote for Jill Stein like I did.

She's Gary Johnson without the greedy, radical, anti-middle class fiscal policies.
I agree with the above. I like Jill Stein better than Johnson and if I wanted to vote 3rd party, I'd vote for her over him as she is more sensible and not so extreme IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
A question to the OP, but if you get rid of the IRS then how is the government supposed to run ? Also I would NOT I repeat NOT get rid of the EPA unless you have no problem with KOCH industries dumping dangerous chemicals in lakes and ponds because it's easier and much more cost effective then actually doing it properly. I think the libertarian ideas might work better if it were relegated to small communities and not whole entire countries. I think you rely on the "goodness" of large corporations which i can tell you I seriously doubt would be good for anyone not related or invested with them. If I were to go 3rd party I'd checkout Jill Stein from the green party or checkout Rocky Anderson of the Justice Party.
I also agree with the bolded areas. I don't like the flat tax suggestion as it is usually proposed as a sales tax that has the ability to be expanded and it will regressively oppress poorer Americans who spend more of their money for common goods than upper income people have to. I think it rewards people who put money in the bank and have extra money to do that and a large percentage of Americans, especially in todays day just do not have the luxury to be able to not spend on their day to day needs.

I also think that libertarian views are good on paper and would work more on the local level versus the national level. Honestly, I would never support a libertarian presidential candidate. I think their ideas about the role of government are too extreme and would put us back into the 19th century, Wild West sort of days and I am too civilized to go back to those times. I also do feel that government has a wider purpose than military prowess. In regards to military, most libertarians do not want a large military and I feel that the threat of terriorism is real, not as extreme as the media would have you to believe, but people do hate us just because we are American and seek to hurt our country. I would like to see our military remain large, not as large as it currently is, but only a tad bit smaller than now, and maybe close up some bases overseas in not vital areas like Germany and Italy and such, but I do think we need a large military to adequately protect us for the very real threats we face as a leading nation in this world. I feel libertarians would like us to relinquish our super power status, which is all good actually, I would rather we were not a superpower, but I would rather our super-ness be a gradual decline, similar to that of Britain's Empirial decline over the years instead of an immediate fall as a quick fall would have a more negative impact on us.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:06 AM

43 posts, read 77,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
A question to the OP, but if you get rid of the IRS then how is the government supposed to run ? Also I would NOT I repeat NOT get rid of the EPA unless you have no problem with KOCH industries dumping dangerous chemicals in lakes and ponds because it's easier and much more cost effective then actually doing it properly. I think the libertarian ideas might work better if it were relegated to small communities and not whole entire countries. I think you rely on the "goodness" of large corporations which i can tell you I seriously doubt would be good for anyone not related or invested with them. If I were to go 3rd party I'd checkout Jill Stein from the green party or checkout Rocky Anderson of the Justice Party.
First off no one said he would get ride of the EPA. He would cut it by 43 percent. That is what I said if you read my first point. That would be to budget it spending since it spends way to much. Second to anyone who thinking voting for Gary Johnson is a wasted vote is wasting their vote. Romney and Obama are vary similar in there views. They both want to NDAA, Overseas wars to continue until 2014, bailouts, and taking away more of are liberties. Voting for someone who you believe is the best person running is not a wasted vote. Voting your conscious is never a wasted vote. Just voting for someone so someone else does not get in is a wasted vote.

GARY JOHNSON Be The 5 Percent - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B6AfPn_s7U

Old 11-01-2012, 10:14 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuggy24g View Post
First off no one said he would get ride of the EPA. He would cut it by 43 percent. That is what I said if you read my first point. That would be to budget it spending since it spends way to much. Second to anyone who thinking voting for Gary Johnson is a wasted vote is wasting their vote. Romney and Obama are vary similar in there views. They both want to NDAA, Overseas wars to continue until 2014, bailouts, and taking away more of are liberties. Voting for someone who you believe is the best person running is not a wasted vote. Voting your conscious is never a wasted vote. Just voting for someone so someone else does not get in is a wasted vote.
I actually agree with you and will even admit that I am now on the fence with voting for Obama as I am considering Jill Stein. I live in GA and so it doesn't really matter who I vote for as Romney will win the state here. I like Jill Stein, but no Gary Johnson but I do agree people should vote for who their conscious tells them to vote for.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:34 AM

43 posts, read 77,835 times
residinghere2007 thanks

Old 11-01-2012, 11:18 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times
Libertarians, do you actually think gary johnson would be able to do a 1/10 of what he wants to get accomplished. If you want to see true bipartisan action with democrats and republicans, watch how quickly they will come together to shoot down any of these half-backed ideas gary johnson wants to do.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:02 PM

1,403 posts, read 937,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
If you live in a swing state and vote for Gary Johnson you are essentially voting for Obama.
No one cares for your whining typical posts...we all realize you are a Willard the white obama fan...again we don't care. Also you are wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Start a Johnson campaign for 2016 right now and see if it gains traction. For this 2012 election, it is important to get Obama out of office.
Why? Willard is the same crap just a different color...I could care less who wins...either way won't be good for the people.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:10 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
If this election is close then that is a vote for Obama. Vote Romney if you want the ecomony to improve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections