U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-01-2012, 05:20 PM

22,722 posts, read 9,667,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If this election is close then that is a vote for Obama. Vote Romney if you want the ecomony to improve.
I live in Tennessee again. Rest assured, even if every person in my county voted for Johnson, Romney will win every one of our electoral votes.

Keep lying to people, its what turns people off from voting republican and democrat every day.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 07:05 PM

37 posts, read 29,334 times
You all are just doing what the Republican and Democrats plus the media want you to do and think. They do not want you to vote 3rd party. The way the government is run will change like getting rid of the FED and cutting this or doing this. The government does not want things to change. That is why Republicans and Democrats get all the money, news, and media coverage everyday. You only see Gary Johnson if he is doing a small 6min interview on Fox or you go out of your way to google his name. Just keep voting Romney/GOP or Obama/Dem and we will keeping have are problems get worse.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:12 PM

3,174 posts, read 3,381,071 times
My biggest disagreement with Obama and Romney is something they agree on! So no, I couldn't vote for either - not if I lived in a swing state, not if I had the swing vote.

If you don't like either of them, vote for a party that is closer to your views. A vote for D or R says, "I think things are fine the way they are, with the present two-parties." A vote for L, or G, C, J, S, or whatever, says, "I'm not satisfied with the status quo."

Old 11-01-2012, 09:18 PM

67,406 posts, read 55,050,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
If you live in a swing state and vote for Gary Johnson you are essentially voting for Obama.
Or, here in Colorado, Romney. I told DH I was going to vote for Mr. Johnson and he said "You just threw the election to Romney". So I thought it over.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:35 PM

3,576 posts, read 983,519 times
I'm in Illinois. Obama ain't gonna lose this state. I can vote Libertarian and actually feel good about my choice for a change.

If I lived in a swing state I'd have to vote Romney because Obama has just been that bad and the man needs to go. But I would be seriously torn. I don't want the party of Tweedle-Dee OR the party of Tweedle-Dum. They both suck.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:51 PM

Man you people make no sense. Just vote for the best person even those I would love you all to vote Gary Johnson more then anything. Your excuses for not voting for Gary Johnson make no sense what so ever. Your vote is your vote and that is it. Even if Johnson gets 4million and does not get the 5% we need to get. Well You still told the GOP and DEM we will not take it anymore and we are a growing breed!!!

Now with some of your guys logic you would rather vote for a Devil over Tyrant just so he does continue his destruction even those you do not like a Devil. That is basically what some of you are doing.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:39 AM

18,058 posts, read 14,872,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If this election is close then that is a vote for Obama. Vote Romney if you want the ecomony to improve.
And vote for Obama if you don't want the economy to improve!

Old 11-02-2012, 12:44 AM

292 posts, read 122,509 times
Don't waste your vote. A vote for Johnson is a vote for Obama. I like Johnson but he needs to win a primary. This election is between two men. One a liar and murder of 4 Americans in Benghazi. One an honest good man that wants America to be a place where our kids and grand kids can raise a family and make an honest living.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:02 AM

22,722 posts, read 9,667,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo700 View Post
Don't waste your vote. A vote for Johnson is a vote for Obama. I like Johnson but he needs to win a primary. This election is between two men. One a liar and murder of 4 Americans in Benghazi. One an honest good man that wants America to be a place where our kids and grand kids can raise a family and make an honest living.
That's an insult to human intelligence to say that.

Its a vote for Johnson, and you have to assume that the voter would vote for Romney in any other way, which just isn't the case.

You're in Alaska, its going to be a red state. Romney is going to blow the deficit up even more. Its pathetic you're pushing that as an alternative to Obama.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:03 AM

You guys are all brain washed. Do you see what the media has done to all of you. They do not want Gary Johnson to get 5% and get Federal funding. They know it will end the two party system if he does. That is what the media is trying to prevent. If you all keep saying lets wait till 2016 your be saying the same thing in 2016 lets wait till 2020 and so on. You guys have to suck it up and say no more right now! WATCH THIS VIDEO

Gov. Gary Johnson debates Barack Obama and Mitt Romney - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections