Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 12:23 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
oh God then we have Biden to deal with and he might appoint Clinton as his VP, you know what that could mean..Dear God, I only have so many more years on earth, please don't let me finish my life with a mess like that!!!!!
ROTFLMAO can you imagine........ We would have to NUKE DC just to clean up the mess!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 12:26 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
While I don't like it I hear the dems will pick up 5 seats in the sen.....
I do not believe for one second the dems will pick up 5 seats, but by this time next week we will know.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Goodness ~ that IS dramatic. Enjoy.
Any chance you got a copy of that map?

Just guessing here.....

The State of Panic ? This i assume is where chicken little lives

The State of Dreaming? This is where the voices in Obama's head live

The State of Stress, is probably where all the 16 trillion will come from when the bill comes due right?

The State of Pandering is where the rest of the 3rd world leaders live that Obama has not yet had a chance to bow and grovel too right?

There is my first 4 whats yours and where are they so i can sail or ride there

Old 11-01-2012, 12:30 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
On morning joe, he had an interview the other day he said "if I win I understand that my mandate is to balance the budget.". He followed that later by saying the same thing again adding "in a balanced way"
Here is the transcript, I believe you're referring to (Business Insider: Beating Romney Would be Mandate for My Tax, Deficit-Reduction Plan)

"And after the election, I think that both Democrats and Republicans have to step back and say, you know what, this is something the country wants to solve. If I’ve won then I believe that’s a mandate for doing it in a balanced way. We’ve already made a trillion dollar worth of cuts. We can do some more cuts. We can look at how deal with the healthcare costs in particular on the Medicare and Medicaid in a serious way. But we are also going to need some revenue."

NOT the same thing that you claimed. By "this" in the first sentence above, he is alluding to any issue that plagues this nation, that both sides can agree on. Deficit, of course, is one of them.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:31 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I gained the freedom to not have to take out my credit or debit card, to pay for routine checkup (in fact, received checks for past payments), and the peace of mind that if I were to develop an illness that to insurance companies is like bad credit history is to creditors, that I can't be denied, and that insurance companies won't be using incentives for employees who succeed in purging a customer off the chart since he/she was being overly expensive for their profitability and wall street gains.

But, I think people like you deserve THAT treatment.
and what happened to your insurance rates? How about those who have seen their more triple and their deductables go up. explain that one if you can? Explain the people who are still out of work or have had their hours cut, so they are no longer considered full time; no decent insurance...

Old 11-01-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I do not believe for one second the dems will pick up 5 seats, but by this time next week we will know.
I can't be sure of course, but if they do I hope they pick better looking ones both male and female than has been in the past.

The sight of that dianne feinstein is revolting.... her, reid and pelosi are enough to charge 50 cents per view in a house of horrors!

I know I could do with out hearing that whine too.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
and what happened to your insurance rates? How about those who have seen their more triple and their deductables go up. explain that one if you can? Explain the people who are still out of work or have had their hours cut, so they are no longer considered full time; no decent insurance...
Work is failing in NH these days too. To read it here on CD it makes NH look like the last vestige of America but it's wrong. My wife is in marketing and in part working with print shops all around and one just let go everyone, and has closed tight..

This IS what Obama wants! he wants a 3rd world Nation where everyone is dead broke.

What i can't understand is once that happens where he will get anything to give to his bloody little followers who like living on the dole!

Oh man when that day comes and there is nothing left to give.... The far left will go nutso. We both know what that will mean.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:39 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
and what happened to your insurance rates? How about those who have seen their more triple and their deductables go up.
I have not felt any change over last couple of years, unlike what was going on for almost a decade that I have experienced in person. The health insurance costs MULTIPLIED. Where the heck were y'all?

Quote:
Explain the people who are still out of work or have had their hours cut, so they are no longer considered full time; no decent insurance...
It speaks loudly of your awareness of the realities if you believe this is something new. More people have jobs now than they did before Obama Care. But, you probably don't know that either. After all, you were probably having a good time when 700-800K private sector jobs were being lost four years ago and their insurance coverage disappearing with it.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:33 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Oh I can answer Have Fun... The rest you should know already. But i thought i already said what fun IS. While you figure out what IS is, I can tell you once more because dems always need to hear it twice.

Hunting, fishing, and riding my motorcycles.

I have a WW-1 vintage sailing canoe that I MADE sail, by making the sails myself on a sewing machine and it has a steering wheel too I made of old wicker baby buggy parts long splicing a cotton horse lead over where the solid rubber tires was.

I can fish and or hunt from this type of vehicle and have Fun!

When I am hunting I use a wide variety of really fun guns, from flintlocks to my Winchester 30-30 which is pre 1964, just like real silver coins are. The gun still works while i can't say the same for the coins which JFK killed off. Boy you sure can count on the dems to ruin a good thing.

While I own a couple AK-47's for grins, so far i haven't hunted anything with 4 legs with them yet. And While i know birds only have 2 legs I am still upset with Bill Clinton's 'hunting ducks with his same old rifles', but hey he was impeached for that!

So yeah I am planning on having lots more Fun if Obama gets elected since i will not bother with much if any plan, just like him.... and go off to play all day almost every day..

I have already crossed the USA on a motorcycle 15,000 miles worth and been in 40 states.... I might try that again, and see if i can hit the 8 lower I missed....
maybe throw in 49 if summer will allow it. But that 50th state is gonna be a beach with no bridge..

For that one i might have to sell everything I own and buy a sail boat I can stand up into make Hawaii, but that sure would be fun, because if i live that far i 'may as well' Forest Gump it back to New Hampshire.

Unless tax collectors can in fact walk on water I guess i won't have to worry much about them.

Obama could use a lesson in that trick..... he's gonna need a really good trick to keep that rope from around his NECK.

Oh sure Saddam rolled his eyes too! Not once like this but twice! But the last time his eyes glazed over to dull and turned black.......

This is what happens to Traitors ............

Oh BTW could you please send me a map to the other 7 or 8 states? I don't even know what their names are, the ones Obama only knows about when the voices in his head talk to him. Those 7 or 8 states ok? Thanks!
TL;DR.

What did he do that was treason? If he had any offenses, don't you think that Congress would bring up charges against him?

Old 11-01-2012, 01:36 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Here is the transcript, I believe you're referring to (Business Insider: Beating Romney Would be Mandate for My Tax, Deficit-Reduction Plan)

"And after the election, I think that both Democrats and Republicans have to step back and say, you know what, this is something the country wants to solve. If I’ve won then I believe that’s a mandate for doing it in a balanced way. We’ve already made a trillion dollar worth of cuts. We can do some more cuts. We can look at how deal with the healthcare costs in particular on the Medicare and Medicaid in a serious way. But we are also going to need some revenue."

NOT the same thing that you claimed. By "this" in the first sentence above, he is alluding to any issue that plagues this nation, that both sides can agree on. Deficit, of course, is one of them.
Tackling the deficit means balancing the budget. Otherwise you are meerly shrinking the deficit, not tackling it. And I hope he does that, since I think he's likely to win re-election. But he hasn't said how just "in a balanced way". I know tax increases will be part of that, and spending cuts, but where, how much, and when?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections