Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 05:49 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I actually liked RP and I thing the Republicans are stupid for putting Romney as the challenger to Obama.
No need to vote.

I always wondered why RP didn't run as a third party candidate.
He seems far removed form Republicans.
If the plan actually was beating Obama, why have someone with almost identical policies but is much less personable and likeable than Obama?

Paul said a 3rd party run is too hard to get on the ballots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 06:03 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post

It was not a coincidence that the Federal Budget was almost balanced and gas prices dropped to $.99 a gallon after Ross Perot received 15% of the popular vote.
Now you're talking.

I'm hoping anyone that is undecided about voting third party, or leaning
toward Gary Johnson - do it.

"A wasted vote is a vote for someone you don't believe in."
"We can make a difference in this election." - Gary Johnson

And, if you were a Paul supporter and believe in libertarian principles, there is no other place
to look than the Libertarian Party Well, a couple, but we are the third largest party and
Paul was OUR Presidential candidate...

Old 11-03-2012, 06:58 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Sparky?

Why all the anger? Paul declared as a Republican candidate, participated in debates with other candidates, raised money for his campaign, and had the opportunity to win the candidacy for president. Paul got his butt kicked repeatedly because his message didn't resonate with the public, and consequently went the way of Cain, Bachmann, and all the other wannabes. Paul participated in the two party process as a REPUBLICAN, lost overwhelmingly, and then pouted like a three-year old.

Like I said earlier,...everyone has a vote. Waste it if you want to,...it's your right.
You forgot about purposely being ignored by the media. Doesn't surprise me you missed it. I've read your posts, you aren't informed. He never pouted about it either, that's another thing you've got wrong.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:54 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,287,224 times
Quote:
Sparky?

Why all the anger? Paul declared as a Republican candidate, participated in debates with other candidates, raised money for his campaign, and had the opportunity to win the candidacy for president. Paul got his butt kicked repeatedly because his message didn't resonate with the public, and consequently went the way of Cain, Bachmann, and all the other wannabes. Paul participated in the two party process as a REPUBLICAN, lost overwhelmingly, and then pouted like a three-year old.

Like I said earlier,...everyone has a vote. Waste it if you want to,...it's your right.
Wow this thread really blew up in your face. Hey do us a favor and post some more just like it!
Thanks from the third party supporters!

Old 11-03-2012, 09:20 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Way to go Swingblade.

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
I live by this motto but I can't remember who penned it :

" I rather stand alone then run with the hyena's "

It is easy to live by when you consider the shape our country is in, why would I want to join the pack?

Old 11-03-2012, 01:21 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Wow this thread really blew up in your face. Hey do us a favor and post some more just like it!
Thanks from the third party supporters!
..."blew up in your face".......?

Third party supporters are fine. No problem with them. It's the write-in, Ron Paul write-in voters who I fail to understand. They choose to ignore the political process. It's their right and their choice to waste their vote if they so choose. Doesn't make it a rational choice.

Write-in voters accomplish about the same as disgruntled fans standing outside the Super Bowl, whining and holding picket signs because their team got its butt beat in the regular season and didn't make the final cut.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:47 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Sparky?

Oh look, another uneducated who instantly thinks that disagreement means anger. Stop projecting.

If you had asked me, "Why so bored", well then, we would have a discussion. Typical of neocons such as yourself to act in the manner you are, though.

As for the rest of it, you have no idea what you're talking about, which is no big surprise considering who you are standing behind.

The only thing I will correct you on in your ridiculous rant is that Paul did not pout. He continues to work from the inside. The only pouting that goes on is by the left and the neo cons...which are, frankly, the same thing.

Do us a favor, sparky, just call yourself a damn liberal and get it over with. It's like pulling off a band-aid. If you stop whining about it, just do it, things will go a lot easier when it's done.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:24 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Oh look, another uneducated who instantly thinks that disagreement means anger. Stop projecting.

If you had asked me, "Why so bored", well then, we would have a discussion. Typical of neocons such as yourself to act in the manner you are, though.

As for the rest of it, you have no idea what you're talking about, which is no big surprise considering who you are standing behind.

The only thing I will correct you on in your ridiculous rant is that Paul did not pout. He continues to work from the inside. The only pouting that goes on is by the left and the neo cons...which are, frankly, the same thing.

Do us a favor, sparky, just call yourself a damn liberal and get it over with. It's like pulling off a band-aid. If you stop whining about it, just do it, things will go a lot easier when it's done.
Nice little rant!!

Carry on.....Sparky

Old 11-05-2012, 08:26 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,287,224 times
Quote:
..."blew up in your face".......?

Third party supporters are fine. No problem with them. It's the write-in, Ron Paul write-in voters who I fail to understand. They choose to ignore the political process. It's their right and their choice to waste their vote if they so choose. Doesn't make it a rational choice.

Write-in voters accomplish about the same as disgruntled fans standing outside the Super Bowl, whining and holding picket signs because their team got its butt beat in the regular season and didn't make the final cut.
Wrong, what the Paul supporters are doing is showing the powers that be that his anti Federal Reserve stand resonates with the public, and that we are sick and tired of private bankers dictating the financial decisions in this country to their own benefit without regard to the Constitution or the will of the people.
Their vote carries much more weight than that of the 2 party clones that are too stupid to realize that their vote regardless of party, is for the status quo.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:53 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Anyone that is considering writing in Ron Paul should vote for Gary Johnson instead. Get off the cult of personality of Paul already

I'm doing just that! No disrespect to Ron Paul by any means...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections