Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 08:30 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,253,512 times

Advertisements

Brainwashing kids. And some are exploiting this for political gain.

I'm sure this kid is now screwed up in his perception of racial equality. And at such a young age too.

MLK is probably rolling in his grave with how far BACK we have gone in the last 4 years with regards to race relations.
Biden and his "Put the Blacks back into chains" and this video with "Blacks picking crops".
Going back pre-Civil Rights isn't good enough for the left because it's not scary enough.
We have to go back over 100 years to Civil War era, like that's really going to happen.

And the OP calls him a "smart young man". I feel sorry for that kid that now sees the world through racial outcomes not in his favor if Whites are in government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 08:35 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,710,050 times
His parents are wasting such a great opportunity. My older kids are about the same age, and they have been really engaged in this campaign. They watched all the debates, learned about SS and Medicare. Used some election related events for their school current events projects. We've had great discussions, and they don't always agree with what I think.
That parent is a horrible parent. They are brainwashing and scaring their child.

Last edited by brentwoodgirl; 11-03-2012 at 08:59 AM..

Old 11-03-2012, 08:57 AM

26,918 posts, read 15,136,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
smart young man

Smart young man my foot.

There should be shame in pumping young minds with far out rhetoric like this obviously is.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:17 AM

13,513 posts, read 19,222,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I can't beleive even someone as liberal as you really can believe brainwashing kids like this is ok...Using kids to spread propaganda is just wrong, 100% wrong...
I agree...but the schools do it ALL the time

Old 11-05-2012, 11:45 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,430,605 times
It's good to see a black man taking responsibility for his child. But the poor child is obviously tainted. I point to these 2 statements by the cute little kid as evidence:

"If Mitt Romney win...we be going back to the crop fields"

and

"I want him [Obama] to change the world...like he did"

Old 11-05-2012, 11:54 AM

7,473 posts, read 3,990,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
They do believe what they are teaching the children and of course teaching HATE so this kid can carry hate on his shoulder the rest of his life. Wow, I am thankful my parents didn't teach me hatred of others and life. What a sad way to go through life.

The more I see this type of propaganda the more I know Obama has to go.
Its people like you who have made my mind up to vote for Obama.......I saw no hate in any part of the video,or a dad telling his son what he believes...........

Old 11-05-2012, 12:03 PM

811 posts, read 2,328,461 times
Cute kid. It's unfortunate he doesn't have a respectable father parenting him. Honestly, this kid probably doesn't know exactly what he's saying because his dad was saying it, but there are people who think and say this type of stuff all the time. So many people actually believe it it's sad. For anyone who has twitter, search using the hashtag #IfObamaDontWin and look at the racist, slavery based comments are on there. It's really sad the path we're headed on under this President, not just economically.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:04 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,434,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
So sad, for irresponsible adults to be spreading rubbish propaganda to children, and encourage them to repeat it.
Whatever. All the criticism of African-American dads not being around and raising their kids, it's nice to see a happy, smiling kid out enjoying being with his father.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:05 PM

2,449 posts, read 5,936,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Its people like you who have made my mind up to vote for Obama.......I saw no hate in any part of the video,or a dad telling his son what he believes...........
And it's statements like this that embarass me as an American.

If a white guy told his son: "Son, if this black president wins, you can bet he's going to take out years of slavery on us. His programs will favor blacks, he'll tax the higher earners which are the largest percentage white. Heck, he may even try to bring in slavery of whites!!" Shoot, even that talks about more issues today than that video did!!

You'd be okay with that? And if your answer is "yes" because it's his freedom, then I'm twice as embarrassed that our country has bastardized basic rights so much that anyone would approve of hate speech like that.

And, the only hope I have for someone like you is that you were tongue in cheek about not seeing any hate. For, at the minimum it was disguised racism, and at the worst political indoctrination.

What Americans SHOULD be doing is teaching their kids critical thinking so that they learn that they should rise above partisan politics to pick issues that are important to them and pick the best candidate that would further those issues.

Since "crop-picking" is not an issue I've heard of in my nearly 40 years around politics, this is nothing more than hate-talk aimed at making the young boy hate something he doesn't even understand. Nothing less. And to believe otherwise is sophomoric and out of touch with reality.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:11 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,625,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Kids soak in everything they hear their parents say and repeat what their parents say. This kid is being taught to live the same lifestyle when he gets older. He should just thank his lucky stars his parents didn't opt for abortion.

People need to understand that school is not the only place kids are educated. Parents give their kids an education at home and in this case a bad education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections