Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 08:53 AM

210 posts, read 269,177 times

Advertisements

Russo wanted to be fair so he asked Christie about Mitt and if Mitt had called him. Answer "Governor Romney last called me on Sunday as Sandy was approaching"

Daily Kos: Chris Christie: Mitt hasn't called me since Sandy hit

It's sad that the storm has been so partisan we in times of crisis people should come together. Christie compliments Obama on handling the storm and now Mitt won't talk to him? Just silly politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 09:16 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
Is that how Romney would lead--refusing to talk to someone who dared to work with "the other side" even if it was to help save the lives and property of the people he represents? Pretty sick and twisted if you ask me.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:27 AM
J24

448 posts, read 863,215 times
Refusing to talk to him? If anything is twisted it's you lefties saying that. Would you rather Christie be sitting in his Governor's Mansion talking on the phone or out working to help his state? Romney isn't President, so all he could say to Christie would be "I'm sorry, hope everything is going well." What is he going to do? If anything, that'd just be a distraction and a waste of time for Chris Christy. He's got better things to do now than get into politics, which is what talking to Romney would be.

He called on Sunday. Not making a phone call to say "hey, sup" in the next few days after that when Christy is busy is NOT "refusing to talk with him." Get over yourself.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:29 AM

20,125 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Some are already saying that he did this because he wants to run in 2016 and he won't be able to until 2020 if Romney wins. They also point to his RNC speech. However, if that is his intent, he may have miscalculated. The party faithful are probably not going to forgive Christie if they feel he cost Romney the election and you have to win the primary to become the candidate. Or switch parties.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:31 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Governor Christie has plenty to attend to with NJ.

He's a good governor and he only responded that he hasn't spoken to Romney - it doesn't mean Romney doesn't want to speak with Christie.

Let's please not make this something it's not.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:32 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icametodropbombs View Post
Russo wanted to be fair so he asked Christie about Mitt and if Mitt had called him. Answer "Governor Romney last called me on Sunday as Sandy was approaching"

It's sad that the storm has been so partisan we in times of crisis people should come together. Christie compliments Obama on handling the storm and now Mitt won't talk to him? Just silly politics.
this is about the sillyist think I have seen today: who is turning it into a partisan issue? The media is...Romney called him a day before the storm hit, Obama jumped to the rescue, as best he could, Romney led a force to collect supplies and money for the victoms and now there is an issue as to who should have called? What a bunch of crap...Is Christie complaining? No, all he said, when asked was, I haven't talked to him since Sunday. why make a mountain out of a mole hill?

Old 11-03-2012, 09:34 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icametodropbombs View Post

Mitt has been busy helping Christies' people.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:34 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,694,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Some are already saying that he did this because he wants to run in 2016 and he won't be able to until 2020 if Romney wins. They also point to his RNC speech. However, if that is his intent, he may have miscalculated. The party faithful are probably not going to forgive Christie if they feel he cost Romney the election and you have to win the primary to become the candidate. Or switch parties.
Yeah, party uber alles.

Rupert Murdoch: Chris Christie Must 'Re-Declare' For Mitt Romney 'Or Take Blame'

So much for standing together in a time of crisis.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:35 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
No one needs to "get over" anything. Other people on this board (even this thread) have come out and said that Christie ruined his chances for a future in the GOP by profusely praising Obama a week before the election--I'm guessing the Romney camp isn't any too happy over it. Christie could have answered that question in a much more flattering and diplomatic way, but he chose not to. I find that interesting.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:36 AM

39,075 posts, read 51,205,311 times
This just goes to show how unprepared and incompetent Romney is for the Presidency. This crisis will not be gone by January 20. Politics aside, you would think that the guy who might be in Obama's shoes in two months would take the time to find out what the situation in the hurricane areas is and what might be the challenges in that regard that he would face on his first days in office.

I guess Romney will be too busy cancelling insurance for sick children on his first day to worry about hurricane victims in New Jersey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections