Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 08:57 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Righties don't know?

Here: Let me explain...

The EPA, like unions, has expanded and bloated itself to beyond recognition. As it typical of most cancers, they start out small and by the time you start paying attention, it's too late. The EPA is cancer. Ripping it out is the only way to stop it.
I'm sure until Harrier posted that list you had no clue that those programs even existed let alone who signed them into being..
Maybe in your world an EPA has no value but i'm not one for letting industry take a free ride on where they dump their waste toxic or otherwise or where they build their chemical plants and pipelines or having National forests turned over to the loggers and the housing developers, i also like my food and water to be inspected and deemed safe for consumption,but i guess if none of this matters to you Dale so vote in your romney and he'll probably get rid of all that useless stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 09:55 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Anyone else notice the big "Change" sign on Mitt's podium? And "change" was in the sentence he used to close that little pep talk.

So Mitt wants change.... just not the change anyone else wants to talk about.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:56 AM

4,035 posts, read 10,295,470 times
It's the standard response to hecklers on both sides. It's about drowning out the heckler and has nothing to do with what's actually being said.

I support Obama, but I see no point in heckling a rally like this. It's probably counterproductive. You're not going to change anyone's mind, and it will make them more determined.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:01 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk-nyc View Post
It's the standard response to hecklers on both sides. It's about drowning out the heckler and has nothing to do with what's actually being said.

Once upon a time we actually had smart candidates who could think on the spot and come up with a snappy one liner to silence the hecklers. Mitt had to gaze off in the distance, give a weak smile, and act like there wasn't some guy two feet away (asserting his First Amendment right) and rely on the crowd to chant USA USA. Which is patriotic and all but, dang, at a rally a few days before the election and the crowd doesn't respond ROM-NEY, ROM-NEY!! (?) I wonder if Mitt's handlers noticed that?

Old 11-04-2012, 10:24 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
The left complain about the wrong things. Looking at the big and missing the small.

An example. Complain about oil and gas useage and the effect on the enviroment. But we now use more plastic dypers and less cloth than 30 yrs ago. Or this paradox. I went to a whole foods and bought organic veggies a few days ago, had to put them in a plastic bag to seperate the veggies, then at check out they take those little bags and put them in a bigger plastic bag. Bags made from oil. Bags that fill our landfills. Why not push for a national ban on plastic bags and plastic items.

If you want to save the enviroment

Lets go back to

Glass pop bottles
Brown paper bags for produce ( all sizes)
Cloth bags ( bring your own) required instead of suggested
National Bottle recyle programs. Some states give a 5c or 10c deposit. Make it national and uniform. Also why does michigan have a program like this for over 30 yrs now but bottled water not included?

These are all ideas everyone can get behind and little will complain about. But the AGW nuts are more interested in making us walk instead of drive!
This is a list I support going back to, I would much rather buy things in glass bottles over plastic.

Also in Portland, Or it is illegal to use plastic bags for groceries. You either get paper bags or bring your own reusable bags, which is a step in the right direction and an idea that I wish would sweep back through this country again.

The less we rely on oil for the country the better off we are.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:54 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
It's funny the lefties on this board are supporting this guy....

But nobody has answered my first question, what did Romney's speech have to do with global warming?

You lefties are pissed he did not answer it, but yet what was his speech about?

I also remember, you lefties tearing apart a rightie for interrupting the prez.....and that question had to do with the speech he was given....

Hummmmmm....seems there maybe some hypocritical crap going on here?

Old 11-04-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It's funny the lefties on this board are supporting this guy....

But nobody has answered my first question, what did Romney's speech have to do with global warming?

You lefties are pissed he did not answer it, but yet what was his speech about?

I also remember, you lefties tearing apart a rightie for interrupting the prez.....and that question had to do with the speech he was given....

Hummmmmm....seems there maybe some hypocritical crap going on here?
Well obviously Romney didn't answer the question and moved on after having an awkward moment....actually I would of never known about this heckle if you hadn't of posted it here because I usually don't pay attention to hecklings because they never accomplish anything, unless of course they are funny hecklings or the person getting heckled gets really frustrated and angry.

If Romney was good on his feet, he would of had a good comeback remark that would of shut the heckler up, but he did not. If you want to know how to deal with a heckler, you should go see a comedy act and get someone to heckle the person on stage and see what happens and how the person on stage handles a heckler.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:29 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well obviously Romney didn't answer the question and moved on after having an awkward moment....actually I would of never known about this heckle if you hadn't of posted it here because I usually don't pay attention to hecklings because they never accomplish anything, unless of course they are funny hecklings or the person getting heckled gets really frustrated and angry.

If Romney was good on his feet, he would of had a good comeback remark that would of shut the heckler up, but he did not. If you want to know how to deal with a heckler, you should go see a comedy act and get someone to heckle the person on stage and see what happens and how the person on stage handles a heckler.
I did not post anything, of course Romney did not answer the question, he was interrupted....

I believe the left was saying "how dare the right interrupt the prez at a speech, that was only a speech, not for questions."

Old 11-04-2012, 12:05 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Their response makes no sense. Are these people robots that have knee jerk reactions to any comment they disagree with? What does patriotism have to do with the climate change debate?? Only a delusional wacko would suggest that the theory of climate change is anti-American.
Im guessing that someone held up the wrong cue card or they didn't get their circuits rewired after the last event they attended.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I did not post anything, of course Romney did not answer the question, he was interrupted....

I believe the left was saying "how dare the right interrupt the prez at a speech, that was only a speech, not for questions."
Sorry, I meant the OP, not you. What speech from President Obama are you referring to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections