Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for or did you vote for, for President?
Gary Johnson 19 38.78%
Writing in Ron Paul 5 10.20%
Another 3rd Party Candidate 4 8.16%
One of the two evils (Romney or Obama) 21 42.86%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 03:56 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,291,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Its hilarious to see how so many southerners who take in far more tax dollars than they give back and are basically welfare states are huge Ron Paul supporters.
I keep seeing this. But perhaps those individuals supporting Ron Paul are not the ones causing (or benefiting from) their states taking more than they give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 08:00 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
It would be nice to see the majority of RP supporters all vote either for Paul or Johnson. I'd like to vote for either(whoever most will be voting for). Of course I'd rather vote for Paul but if most are voting for Johnson and he will be on the ballot everywhere, he'd be thousands of time better than Obama or Romney.
C'mon you guys. What happened to 1/3 of you to waste your vote on Obama or Romney? How can you call yourselves a Ron Paul supporter and do something like that ( and don't bring up
Rand Paul)?

Old 11-04-2012, 08:03 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,396 times
Writing in RP.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Diet Pepsi, or Diet Coke...

Those are your choises. The flavor is silightly different, but they are both diet colas.

Mitt Romney's resume

- Gun bans
- Pro abortion
- Pro gay unions
- Big spending
- Socialized health care
- Belief in global warming
- Support for "cap & tax". Claimed it would be good for business
- Bragging about how much tax payer money they can extract and spend
- Pro stem cell research
- Support for ethanol subsidies

How is that different from Obama's resume?
The diet cola analogy is better than you realize. Nutrasweet is POISON and is in both. Not only does it cause disease but it has ironically a diet STIMULANT so it will cause people trying to lose weight to want to eat more..... just as Obama and Romney do the opposite of what they say.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
Makes ya wonder if these 2 were EVER RP supporters....no true RP supporter would vote for Obamney...just wouldn't happen.
I agree!

Old 11-04-2012, 08:46 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,989,335 times
Quote:
It would be nice to see the majority of RP supporters all vote either for Paul or Johnson. I'd like to vote for either(whoever most will be voting for). Of course I'd rather vote for Paul but if most are voting for Johnson and he will be on the ballot everywhere, he'd be thousands of time better than Obama or Romney.

Ron Paul supporters have a dilemma illustrated by the great satire group "Monty Python's Flying Circus" Do you vote for the Sensible Party, the Silly Party, the Really Silly Party or the Stark Raving Loonie Party.

You know you want to do it. Go ahead and do it. Vote Stark Ravining Loonie Party!

Old 11-04-2012, 08:47 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,751 times
Quote:
C'mon you guys. What happened to 1/3 of you to waste your vote on Obama or Romney? How can you call yourselves a Ron Paul supporter and do something like that ( and don't bring up
Rand Paul)?
I did not vote in your poll because I was not a Ron Paul supporter, but I have suspicions that a fair amount if not most of that 1/3 are partisan hacks who are lying about being RP supporters in the first place.

It is unfortunate it is not a public poll or we would be able to see a) if this suspicion is the case, and b) who they are.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:05 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,455,089 times
gary johnson.

a vote for either obama or romney is just a vote for the same failed two-party system we currently suffer.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:45 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Gary Johnson,

Old 11-05-2012, 06:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Romney is as liberal as Obama, which is why true conservatives call him "liberals liberal republican". Sorry.

He does call himself a Progressive Republican.
The total opposite of Conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections