Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 05:17 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,648,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Lately he's been aggressively mean spirited, and his anger is upsetting to see, imho. People are supposed to vote now out of revenge?

Wow, another one who totally doesn't understand the play on "success is the best revenge?"

We really do need to improve the education levels in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 05:21 PM

27,118 posts, read 15,295,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Of course, he's a utopian statist.

To him, government is the foundation of all, not individual freedom and liberty. Don't believe it, then listen to what he says, it's all right there every time he talks.

So people that are not with that agenda are the enemy. Statists need class warfare to divide and conquer and pit people against one another.

This is always very revealing.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:28 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,615,836 times
I am really concerned what this man will do between Tuesday and next January if and hopefully when he loses next Tuesday.

I told a friend that I found him scary when he first started running for president. Her answer was that she got the same feeling.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:35 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,376,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Wow, another one who totally doesn't understand the play on "success is the best revenge?"

We really do need to improve the education levels in this country.
Exactly, and the Romney campaign has all along been seizing on those kinds of sentence fragments, taken completely out of context, rather than coming up with their own talking points. Same with "you didn't build that." Meanwhile, they tell countless lies, such as Jeep moving Ohio jobs to China, and expect nobody to notice their duplicity. It boils down to character, integrity and trustworthiness, of which Romney is totally devoid!

Old 11-04-2012, 05:47 PM

7,141 posts, read 4,733,894 times
I must be a little slow for not having noticed sooner that this man is scary. OMG my education has failed me!

Yes, we do need to revamp our educational system, whoever suggested that earlier. Kids are being indoctrinated starting in grade school, and it only gets worse in college. Thank God the trend is that they become wise as they get older and start having to support themselves and live in the real world. They start to see the light then.

I did watch the entire speech when Obama made the statement about revenge, and also the entire speech where he declared "you didn't build that." Seems to me that people interpreted correctly. And he did look angry on both of those occasions.

As far as character, integrity and trustworthiness, well, to each his own decision in that regard. Good luck with that.

best,
toodie

Old 11-04-2012, 05:50 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,978,449 times
Quote:
Lately he's been aggressively mean spirited, and his anger is upsetting to see, imho. People are supposed to vote now out of revenge?

He sometimes speaks with such anger in his tone and wild look in his eyes, honestly, I am becoming apprehensive of what this man's true inner feelings are. Maybe he's aware of them himself, and that's why he has to control himself and remain "cool" at all times, to prevent his true self from showing up.

When he talks about being all "fired up," and starts almost yelling, to get the crowd pumped up, it doesn't look very presidential. I think his true self comes out at these times more than people realize. After reading and studying this man's background, and who he used to hang out with, who he's appointed in his admin, I really believe he's filled with some kind of inner rage, wanting to change the system of America to suit him and his buddies. It's not going fast enough to suit them/him. The result is anger that creeps through.

Just noticed this more the last couple of days.
Don't like it.
Just wanted to put my opinion out there. Thanks for reading.

best,
toodie
LMAO, the wild look in his eye's, I'll take his inner feeling's any day, that inner feeling killed Bid Laden, the crowd is already fired up, been fired up, sick of the tax codes, sick of the wealthy and the super pac's, tired of voter supression, we see it, it sickens me to see what's happening in Florida.

Have you looked lately at Romney's line up? The ole Bush buddies

Old 11-04-2012, 05:51 PM

592 posts, read 414,430 times
Quote:

He sometimes speaks with such anger in his tone and wild look in his eyes, honestly, I am becoming apprehensive of what this man's true inner feelings are. Maybe he's aware of them himself, and that's why he has to control himself and remain "cool" at all times, to prevent his true self from showing up.

When he talks about being all "fired up," and starts almost yelling, to get the crowd pumped up, it doesn't look very presidential. I think his true self comes out at these times more than people realize. After reading and studying this man's background, and who he used to hang out with, who he's appointed in his admin, I really believe he's filled with some kind of inner rage, wanting to change the system of America to suit him and his buddies. It's not going fast enough to suit them/him. The result is anger that creeps through.

Just noticed this more the last couple of days.
Don't like it.
Just wanted to put my opinion out there. Thanks for reading.

toodie
Obama is no different than the average African dictator. Like Mugabe, no different, same attitude. It's amazing how he can get away with it and nobody says anything.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:53 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Oh gawd, not another whiney thread from the same "sensitive" bunch who've spent the past four years cursing and threatening Obama, and calling him everything but white?!

Now suddenly it's, "Mommy!!....that mean old Obummer looked at me wrong!!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Angry black man is scaring me!
OMG that's hilarious.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:58 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notasmoker View Post
Exactly, and the Romney campaign has all along been seizing on those kinds of sentence fragments, taken completely out of context, rather than coming up with their own talking points. Same with "you didn't build that." Meanwhile, they tell countless lies, such as Jeep moving Ohio jobs to China, and expect nobody to notice their duplicity. It boils down to character, integrity and trustworthiness, of which Romney is totally devoid!

Yeppers, those snippets taken out of context are only utilized by one party and another would never take advantage of, oh say, something involving a 47% figure now would they?

Sheesh!

Old 11-04-2012, 06:00 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,786,735 times
Default Direct from Massachusetts

Romney is the only one who is mean spirited. This disgusting excuse of a human being is so manipulative, and calculating. He knew going into that first debate he was behind, and that unless he changed his tune and started saying all the things he thought middle America wanted to hear that he didn't have a snowballs chance in hell of getting elected.

This man cares nothing about the economy, the middle class or creating jobs. His primary objective is to protect the interests of the rich, and he will say ANYTHING to get elected. This man is nothing more than a high powered business man looking out for his own best interests.

Last edited by 9162; 11-04-2012 at 06:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections