U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2012, 10:07 PM

3,464 posts, read 3,009,622 times

Advertisements

Can he really cut taxes by 20% and lower the corporate tax while not adding to the deficit? Does anyone see a higher gas tax if Romney wins? Or maybe the mortgage interest deduction will be gone, he really hasn't said much about lowering the deficit but he did say that wouldn't add to it either, is it possible to lower taxes that much and not raise the deficit?

I'm not trying to start a war with republicans, I'm just asking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 10:09 PM

20,809 posts, read 41,488,656 times
We'll worry about it on Wednesday. Or not.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:12 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,844,849 times
How could it be worse, grasshopper? Just asking.....

Old 11-05-2012, 01:21 AM

6,914 posts, read 11,700,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Can he really cut taxes by 20% and lower the corporate tax while not adding to the deficit? Does anyone see a higher gas tax if Romney wins? Or maybe the mortgage interest deduction will be gone, he really hasn't said much about lowering the deficit but he did say that wouldn't add to it either, is it possible to lower taxes that much and not raise the deficit?

I'm not worried about that. Most of us don't make enough to itemize our deductions. That kinda stuff only panders to the rich middle class that Obama is worried about. I just don't understand how those idiots can still support Obama. All he does is promote class warfare. I say kick the dog outta the house!!

Old 11-05-2012, 01:27 AM

16,570 posts, read 16,245,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post

All fact checkers said it is impossible for Romney to pay for the tax breaks, yet alone $2 trillion INCREASE in military spending without eliminating deductions for the middle class or without the economy significantly improving. Romney will explode the deficit. 80 CEOs signed a pledge asking for a deficit reduction plan based on Simpson-Bowles which included spending cuts and tax increases on the top bracket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or