Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 08:20 AM

412 posts, read 684,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
We should go back to one day voting to prevent fraud of dead people voting and others voting twice.
Dead people can't get organized enough to vote that one day?

Seriously there is not that much voter fraud except maybe absentee ballots no matter how much the Republicans like to make of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 08:26 AM

14,479 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
I can't believe I have to ask this TWICE, but what does the DMV have to do with early voting?
Somehow I can believe that you have to ask it twice.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:39 AM

507 posts, read 1,537,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Somehow I can believe that you have to ask it twice.
And you still can't give an answer, can you??

Typical.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:56 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Have you nuts ever been to the Department of Motor Vehicles? Or the post office? Or anything run by the government?

You sound like children who just found out the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist.
You've waited at the Department of Motor Vehicles until 1 or 2 AM, have you?

Old 11-05-2012, 08:56 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,694,042 times
There is no voter suppression. Vote days are many and vote days are long. iF any person does not vote it is only because they do not have the interest.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Again I say, So??? Lines are long, deal with it!

Have you ever been to the DMV? A real look at a pathetic, government run, agency. I have been for certain reasons and waited until they closed and never had a turn. Guess what? I came back the next day...that is life. We don't all get what is 'fair' and we do have to follow the rules, despite what BO has told you.

If early voting lines are long that proves people are fired up to vote. That is a good thing. If you don't get there early enough and the polls close, sorry, but again, that is life.
Last several times I went to my local DMV I was in and out in no more than 45 minutes.

Not understanding how people are okay with waiting online to vote for 6,7,8+ hours.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Voter suppression is having the polls open for 8 days??

I know democrats are lazy, but 8 days is more than enough to go in and vote.

Voter suppression is long lines?

What in life haven't you had to stand in line for?

Sounds like a bunch of whiny people to me. What needs to happen is to go back to election day where everyone went in and cast their ballot. We don't need months of early voting. All it does is open up chances for fraud and manipulation.
It isn't just that they cut the number of days. They also cut the number of early voting locations in those areas that had large Democratic turn-outs in 2008.
That IS voter-suppression any way you look at it.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:02 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
I was reading stories about how some Florida poll workers were deliberately making things slow, doing stuff like making copies of ballots and stuff to keep people waiting. Hopefully people are snapping pictures of this sort of thing.
Many of the polling place workers are retirees that do this job once every two years or so.

Also, it's my understanding that there are BOTH republican and democrat voting judges at each voting place.

Yeah, snap off some pictures of 72 year old Gertrude Leadbottom getting paid $8/hour at a job she's semi-familiar with because her lack of efficiency is some sort of sinister conspiracy......muah hah hah hah!

P.S. My relatives do this for some extra spending $$$ and they are pushing 80.

Last edited by Mathguy; 11-05-2012 at 09:13 AM..

Old 11-05-2012, 09:03 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Last several times I went to my local DMV I was in and out in no more than 45 minutes.

Not understanding how people are okay with waiting online to vote for 6,7,8+ hours.
Don't know where you live but my local DMV has lines around the corner that start forming an hour before it opens. That's life!

Old 11-05-2012, 09:04 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It isn't just that they cut the number of days. They also cut the number of early voting locations in those areas that had large Democratic turn-outs in 2008.
That IS voter-suppression any way you look at it.
No, it's not voter suppression it is the economy. Everyone is cutting back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections