Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 10:19 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
It is a preposterous site. They basically take polls that are random samples and then weight them to favor the GOP.
Um... no. You clearly didn't read what's posted on UnSkewedPolls.com...
Quote:
"...the turnout nationally will include 34.8 percent Republicans, 35.2 percent Democrats, and 30.0 percent independents."
Now compare that with Gallup's findings on this year's likely voters: 36% R and 35% D.

If anything, UnSkewed Polls is slightly in error in favor of Obama. Wrap that around your brain.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:27 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Don't know how accurate this is, but this has Romney winning an electoral landslide. I think we should refer to this after Tuesday to see how close or far this website was.

UnSkewed Polls -- erasing the bias to show an accurate picture of politics
I think this is a pretty skewed up poll.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:28 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
After a few years on this site, nothing surprises me anymore, unfortunately...
Ditto!

Old 11-05-2012, 10:32 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I wouldn't hold to much stock in this one guys predictions. We'll find out tomorrow.
Yup. I just hope it's over tomorrow.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:32 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
It is a preposterous site. They basically take polls that are random samples and then weight them to favor the GOP. It shouldn't be called "unskewed polls", it should be called "skewed polls".

Actually the polls that you normally believe ARE skewed to favor Democrats weighting their poll based on 2008 type turnouts.

2008 was a record setter for Democrats which won't be repeated. Even Democrats admit that.

When you use more reasonable weighing, this website's adjustments make sense and are probably more accurate than what you see elsewhere.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:33 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Um... no. You clearly didn't read what's posted on UnSkewedPolls.com...Now compare that with Gallup's findings on this year's likely voters: 36% R and 35% D.

If anything, UnSkewed Polls is slightly in error in favor of Obama. Wrap that around your brain.

100% in agreement with that assessment.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:35 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
I was a fairly moderate Independent when I started voting 30 years ago, but as time as gone on (over the last couple decades), I find that the gaul, ego, and policies of the liberal left have pushed me farther and farther to the right.

It's no longer "live and let live" with the liberals. It seems to be "I'll live the way I want and you not only have accept it, you have to acknowledge it, you have to accept it as "normal," and you have no right not to approve of it at all... and if you do, I have a choice thesaurus of words to label you!!!"
I could have written this, it is exactly how I feel.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:39 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Looks about right.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:06 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,949,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMomDeb View Post
You are saying two different things here.

Liberal are no longer "live and let live" but then in the next sentence you say that Liberals say "I'll live the way I want and you not only have accept it, you have to acknowledge it, you have to accept it as "normal, blah blah".

Liberals ARE trying to let people live and let live. We don't care if LBGT community wants to get married. They may do a better job of it then a lot of heteros do (multiple marriages, 50% divorce, people like Britany Spears getting married for less than a day). Heteros really advance the whole sanctity of marriage thing don't they?

Republicans don't want live and let live.

Republicans want to get into our bedroom - who gets to marry.
Republicans want to get into women's uteri - anti-choice
I get what you're saying, and agree to an extent (believe it or not). Christian or bible-thumping conservatives really get my goat, so-to-speak. But, I'm not a Christian (maybe in action, but not in religion).

I don't think my post was conflicted at all. When I grew up in the 60's, it was all peace, love, sex, drugs, rock and roll. I think that was some of the most damaging mindset anyone could have. It was very much "live and let live."

I have no problem with gays marrying (since that's all you took from my live and let live... there's a lot more than sexual orientation in that statement, though). I do have a problem if they want to force a religious institution to do it. I also have a problem with them telling me it's normal since it doesn't fit in any definition of the word. But, that's probably better left as fodder for another debate or another forum completely.

The thing is, liberals now are pointing at all those baby boomers who started the Berkeley University liberalism. They were the original "do it if it feels good" crowd.

Now... after years of living that life, they are the conservatives in this country who are trying to maintain some sense of traditionalism (and bringing slavery and women's oppression are disengunous since they are two areas out of dozens that have changed in that time). But, the younger generation now looks at them and calls them out of touch and they can't wait until they die so they can have their liberal views prevail.

But they don't see the whole picture. Wisdom is the assessment of experiences. If they lived, and arguably started the much larger progressive/liberal movement during the 60's and now realize what a mistake it was (in many ways, but not all), and are trying to correct those mistakes... where do the young liberals think they will end up in 30 or 40 years? What makes one think that the Baby Boomer generation of conservatives nee liberals came from? What makes them think they won't inherit the same set of ideals as they go through life and accumulate things (experiences, possessions, etc.) through hard work instead of government handouts and want to keep what they earned?

I see no conflict. I see people who were tired of in-your-face religion (and justifiably so) and have lowered themselves to that mentality... it's just at the expense of some of us independents. I no more appreciate having sexual orientation shoved in my face and being told I HAVE to accept it than I do religion.

Do it... (sex or religion)... have at it... but keep it behind your doors because I have the right to live my life without either forced upon me or shoved in my face. Two wrongs don't make a right... never have... never will.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:32 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Default A poll by those with severe mental disorders

Obviously, this poll was created by people with severe mental disorders. Desperate GOP voters cling to nonsense like this as their man flames out and gets his arse kicked by President Obama on election day. Absurd.

Tomorrow is the day Pubs get their hearts broken.

Enjoy President Obama's second term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections