Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 11:29 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times

Advertisements

Actually, each year since Bush has been better than the previous. Why anyone thinks going back to bush economics is a good thing is beyond me.

Flip will be a disaster for housing as he would be for alternate energy and getting us less dependent on oil.
For these reasons alone I would support the President. Then you add, the improving economy, excellent social changes, an d yes even healthcare, protection of womens rights, and his resolve to end the war and defeat Al Queada, he is by far the best choice

The gov - offers benefits for the rich which will not help the majority of the country, but it will saddle the rest with a massive deficit. He like Bush thought the tax base would expand...ie middle class jobs would increase and increase the revenue, but rich people don't cause demand for products or create jobs so the thinking is erroneous.
On top of that you have him wanting to privatize SS, Medicare and FEMA in order to make some of his wealthy donors even richer on at the tax payers expense. This is a horrid plan and is a road for disaster. His experience as Gov was not a good one, his experience as a vulture capitalist will not help here, but rather point us in the same direction as bush and get us to lose 800,000 jobs a month again.

His numbers don't add up, his plans change more than a babies diapers but are generally full of the same thing.

Some areas for improvement in the President - eliminate the Patriot Act, NDAA, and his hard stance on whistle blowers. I would like to see elimination of HSA and TSA as well. I have a radical view on drugs in that I think they should all be legalized so the criminal business in them can be eradicated. This act alone would provide far better security for people in South America and would allow us to deal with issues of drug addictions at a social level vs legal.

All in All the President has done a very commendable job and we are seeing some great progress. Only reps think change is instant like oatmeal but sound reasoning knows otherwise.

There is only one obvious choice and that is to keep our President and insist the Reps do their job and work for the people....all of them. This obstructionist attitude is for the birds and needs to have those involved, kicked to the curb. They have been willing to let the people suffer needlessly to get their way and for their grab for power. Where are the days of cooperation and working together?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 02:54 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,015,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
"Do you want four more years like the last four years?"

No, I want Congress to work with President Obama to solve our problems in the next 4 years.
Congress has acted liked naughty spoiled children - a good spank on the hiney is in order.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:17 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
There is only one obvious choice and that is to keep our President and insist the Reps do their job and work for the people....all of them. This obstructionist attitude is for the birds and needs to have those involved, kicked to the curb. They have been willing to let the people suffer needlessly to get their way and for their grab for power. Where are the days of cooperation and working together?
You mean your way or the highway cooperation.

Forget it.

If Obama gets re-elected we are going to go into a double dip recession.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:27 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Hell no!

Old 11-06-2012, 04:37 AM

9,357 posts, read 14,297,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
"Do you want four more years like the last four years?"

No, I want Congress to work with President Obama to solve our problems in the next 4 years.
In the US, federal government elections are held every two years, not every four years.

Mr Obama's administration has had two very distinct phases, the first two years and these past two years.

In the first two years, the Obama administration and the democrat-controlled Congress passed legislation that further complicated the US economy's financial plight.

In the second two years, basically nothing major has passed, and the economy is slowly mending though in the face of much uncertainty.

The Constitution is specifically designed with checks and balances built in, government works best, that is least, when its several branches are at loggerheads. I view the approval rating for Congress as an inversely proportional indicator that it is functioning (little as possible) as designed, the lower the better.

Barring an upset, the US electorate at large is poised to re-affirm the status quo since the 2010 mid-term elections, which has been much better than the 2001-2010 period when the government suffered from some serious misbalances, with some very serious adverse consequences domestically and globally.

I am more concerned about the 2014 mid-term elections than these 2012 general elections.

However, I, for one, was highly offended by Mr Obama's "you didn't build this" sermon.

Mr Obama is a puppet and a charlatan. I consider it socially dangerous when one set of the power group uses populist demagoguery to gain an advantage over another set of the power group, it often leads to very unpleasant consequences, but not that he's the only one.

Well, anyway, the frying pan and the fire.

I have learned to tread lightly through a burning building.

Good Luck!

Old 11-06-2012, 04:54 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I do.

President Obama has been a good guy to those of us in the LGBT Community. That is why 80% of us in this community are supporting him. On gay rights, Romney/Ryan have horrible views.

I'm voting for Obama about 12 hours from now.
One serious problem with elections is this kind of one-issue voting.
I am totally against Romney's views on religious based agendas....abortion, gay rights, etc but they will matter little when government has become comparable to the old 'company store'.
Remember the line from that old Tennessee Ernie Ford song?
"I owe my soul to the company store"

Old 11-06-2012, 04:55 AM

8,036 posts, read 10,626,487 times
I really, REALLY don't want a repeat of 2000 to 2008, either.

May the best man win.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:06 AM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
One serious problem with elections is this kind of one-issue voting.
I am totally against Romney's views on religious based agendas....abortion, gay rights, etc but they will matter little when government has become comparable to the old 'company store'.
Remember the line from that old Tennessee Ernie Ford song?
"I owe my soul to the company store"
I hear you, but at the same time, there are those who will argue a president has only two tasks: Commander-in-Chief and electing Supreme Court justices. For the second job, the morality issues come in.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:21 AM

987 posts, read 1,385,676 times
No and hell no! It's so obvious!

Old 11-06-2012, 09:27 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Because I DON'T want 4 more years like the last 4......or the last 12.....I am doing everything I can to defeat Republicans running for congress. Get rid of them and then we will see some progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections