Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 07:29 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Would this come under a taxpayer paid for Continuing Education Course?
No. My post is a public service announcement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 07:35 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
I agree. Obama is so NEGATIVE. He went from HOPE AND CHANGE, a positive slogan - even if they were empty words - to blaming everyone for everything and always talking down his opponent rather than talking about what he himself is going to do to make things better. It's time to show Obama the door. Hopefully this time tomorrow Romney will be our president-elect.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:43 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I agree. Obama is so NEGATIVE. He went from HOPE AND CHANGE, a positive slogan - even if they were empty words - to blaming everyone for everything and always talk down his opponent rather than talking about what he himself is going to do to make things better. It's time to show Obama the door. Hopefully this time tomorrow Romney will be our president-elect.
Very well said!

It amazes me that even yesterday Gibbes final words going into Election Day were blaming Bush and insisting that they need more time.

I will give Obama he had a mess, but a lot of presidents have had the same coming into office. Obama has had four years and has not improved anything!! We are worse than when he took office. You can't run on that. Period.

Romneys campaign has been positive, passionate, and gives a message of how he can turn our economy around. Not to mention his experience turning businesses around.

It is time for a positive change and I pray Romney is elected today! I am certainly encouraged by the record turn out in most areas.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I agree. Obama is so NEGATIVE. He went from HOPE AND CHANGE, a positive slogan - even if they were empty words - to blaming everyone for everything and always talking down his opponent rather than talking about what he himself is going to do to make things better. It's time to show Obama the door. Hopefully this time tomorrow Romney will be our president-elect.
I don't know what you are talking about. Got any specific examples?

Old 11-06-2012, 08:06 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
IMO:

Obama sounds like he hates this country when he speaks and that we're pawns to him.

Romney makes me feel proud to be an American when he speaks.

Revenge = Obama

verses

Love Of Country = Romney

Old 11-06-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Very well said!

It amazes me that even yesterday Gibbes final words going into Election Day were blaming Bush and insisting that they need more time.

I will give Obama he had a mess, but a lot of presidents have had the same coming into office. Obama has had four years and has not improved anything!! We are worse than when he took office. You can't run on that. Period.

Romneys campaign has been positive, passionate, and gives a message of how he can turn our economy around. Not to mention his experience turning businesses around.

It is time for a positive change and I pray Romney is elected today! I am certainly encouraged by the record turn out in most areas.
Romney has been positive?

The Romney campaign produced a controversial ad that argues Romney would be better for the auto industry than Obama. In the ad, an announcer says, "Obama took GM and Chrysler into bankruptcy and sold Chrysler to Italians who are going to build Jeeps in China. Mitt Romney will fight for every American job." Images of cars being crushed accompany those words.

That's positive?

Old 11-06-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
IMO:

Obama sounds like he hates this country when he speaks and that we're pawns to him.

Romney makes me feel proud to be an American when he speaks.

Revenge = Obama

verses

Love Of Country = Romney
Please give us some quotes of Obama speaking the way that you say that he does. There is no words that come to mind that indicate Obama hates America or the people are pawns to him. That's some BS you heard on talk radio.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:11 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post

Such hyperbole. Do you hear yourself? "A LOT" of presidents have had the same thing? Really? So that means we've had a LOT of deep recession. Things have improved in 4 years. Quite a bit. If you don't think so, you're reading the wrong data. Is it where we'd all like to be? No, but we have have improved.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:11 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Wouldn't it have been nice if Mr. Romney had shared those "specific steps" with us?
Indeed! I get more and more disgusted with Romney every time I hear him say he knows how to fix the economy, then proceeds to not tell us.

The fact is both campaigns are basically operating as anti-the-other-guy campaigns. Obama is painting Romney as a flip flopping liar who stands for nothing and won't tell us how his plans are going to work (which is absolutely true). Romney throws in the occasional America cheerleading but mostly just bashes Obama because he doesn't want to talk about his own plans (mostly because he has few plans that don't shift with the wind, and the plans he does have don't add up mathematically).

Old 11-06-2012, 10:06 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Wouldn't it have been nice if Mr. Romney had shared those "specific steps" with us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections