U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2012, 07:55 AM
 
Location: A great city, by a Great Lake!
15,908 posts, read 10,042,065 times
Reputation: 7456

Advertisements

Hmmm... I'm not voting for either "status quo" candidate. Does that make me racist?

 
Old 11-06-2012, 07:57 AM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL
6,976 posts, read 7,744,182 times
Reputation: 5670
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Really? Where? You're the same person that insisted that Obama promotes racial division everytime he talks, yet refused to produce any examples. This is just another claim that you'll make b/c it sounds right in your twisted world view, not b/c it actually happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You know...the only people I've ever heard say that here are far right wingers--that people vote for Obama because if they don't, they'll be accused of being racist. It really has been said over and over--by people like you.

Apparently neither of you spends much time here. I've personally reported several posts that accused Romney supporters of being racist. My favorite was one that flat-out stated "If you don't vote for Obama you are a racist."
 
Old 11-06-2012, 07:58 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 21,001,151 times
Reputation: 8620
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Hmmm... I'm not voting for either "status quo" candidate. Does that make me racist?
Just makes you smarter then the average bear, booboo
 
Old 11-06-2012, 07:59 AM
 
1,515 posts, read 995,848 times
Reputation: 1628
That makes you INTELLIGENT! Only simpletons will vote for the "status quo" candidates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Hmmm... I'm not voting for either "status quo" candidate. Does that make me racist?
 
Old 11-06-2012, 08:00 AM
 
12,984 posts, read 15,322,633 times
Reputation: 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You know...the only people I've ever heard say that here are far right wingers--that people vote for Obama because if they don't, they'll be accused of being racist. It really has been said over and over--by people like you.
No, I have never said that. I have seen people repeatedly called racist here, though, because they aren't voting for Obama. I know that because I have repeatedly explained here that I have no problem with having a black (or any other race) president and that I would love to have Condie Rice as president. I have explained many times here that it is Obama's politics that I disagree with, and it has nothing to do with the color of his skin. There are definitely Obama supporters on this forum who either imply or outright say people are racist if they aren't voting for Obama.

And yep, voting for him because he's black or not voting for him because he's black - either way is racist.

I would be voting for Romney no matter what color he was because I agree with his politics more than I agree with Obama's. I'd be voting for Obama if he had Romney's political views and Romney had Obama's.
 
Old 11-06-2012, 08:03 AM
 
Location: Central Florida
341 posts, read 447,521 times
Reputation: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I'm not voting for Mormon Mitt. What does that make me.
..... a bigot. Only if you are making that judgement based upon his religion. Otherwise, just an American excercising his/her civil liberty to vote for the candidate of their own choosing.

No reason to cast hate in any election, it's all supposed to be for the common good. Labelling anyone for who they vote for, just seems so undemocratic to me.
 
Old 11-06-2012, 08:05 AM
 
Location: CHicago, United States
6,936 posts, read 7,237,066 times
Reputation: 3490

Bill Maher If You Are Racist, You're Probably a Republican - YouTube
 
Old 11-06-2012, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
6,754 posts, read 3,388,914 times
Reputation: 2820
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Apparently neither of you spends much time here. I've personally reported several posts that accused Romney supporters of being racist. My favorite was one that flat-out stated "If you don't vote for Obama you are a racist."
From who? I've seen entire threads dedicated to Blacks being "racist" for voting for Obama. Started by mods, at that! Point me to a thread like that. One thread by a random nobody that no one supports is not the same as threads by steady contributors that get repped & supported by the Conservatives on here.
 
Old 11-06-2012, 08:11 AM
 
2,665 posts, read 4,858,893 times
Reputation: 844
as snoop dogg said, romney does look like he says nword all the time lol
 
Old 11-06-2012, 08:13 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
2,477 posts, read 2,086,824 times
Reputation: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Really? Where? You're the same person that insisted that Obama promotes racial division everytime he talks, yet refused to produce any examples. This is just another claim that you'll make b/c it sounds right in your twisted world view, not b/c it actually happened.
I'm not ganging up on you but, on this matter Luzianne is right....I heard that statement made many times during the last campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top