U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 11:35 AM

7,465 posts, read 3,958,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
If you are a white elderly person and this guy says intimidating things to you, that's voter intimidation.

In 2008 it wasn't JUST the clubs that intimidated people, it was also things they said.
Yet, no intimidated voter was ever produced or found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 11:41 AM

7,465 posts, read 3,958,185 times
Every polling place I've ever been to (in 3 different states) have always had signs up indicating how close you could get to the polling place. Is there any indication that this person is within the designated perimeter? Apparently 10 feet is the law in PA. It could be he is more than 10 feet away from the room in the apartment building where the voting is taking place.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:49 AM

6,775 posts, read 3,404,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Gotta love how disingenuous Republicans can be. They blow this non-issue up into the crime of the century, yet ignore blatant, systematic Republican attempts to disenfranchise democrats and influence voters.

Consider these:

1)
A black panther dude, most likely a registered poll watcher like he was 4 years ago, stands in front of a small, almost entirely black voting precinct in urban Philly.

2)
Republican Senate candidate Jeff Flake robocalls Democrats directing them to vote at the wrong location.
Maricopa AZ Republican County Clerk prints the wrong date date (Nov 8th) on Spanish language voter registration cards.
Arizona Republican Party pretends in robocalls to be St. Margaret's Catholic Church and instructs people how to vote (for the Republicans)

I mean come on. 1) has no effect whatsoever on voting while 2) is a serious attempt to disenfranchise and intimidate scores of voters.
Umm... C-D Conservatives... the spotlight is has been turned on. Let's see who has the courage of their "convictions"

Old 11-06-2012, 11:53 AM

10,899 posts, read 6,096,974 times
Wow, there was a white woman at my polling place opening the door for voters coming in and out. I assumed she was there because there are a lot of seniors in my area and she was being nice. She was still there when I left, still opening the door, greeting everyone pleasantly. It never dawned on me to report her to the police for this nefarious action, but now I'm thinking maybe I should have...

Old 11-06-2012, 11:58 AM

756 posts, read 615,623 times
Great to see those Panthers welcoming voters back to the polls

Heard it's an absolutely gorgeous fall day in the City of Brotherly Love...

Old 11-06-2012, 12:05 PM

15,733 posts, read 9,246,087 times
Quote:
If you are a white elderly person and this guy says intimidating things to you, that's voter intimidation.

In 2008 it wasn't JUST the clubs that intimidated people, it was also things they said.
So they're saying intimidating things? Where's the proof - I'd like to see that?

Old 11-06-2012, 12:37 PM

1,310 posts, read 942,647 times
Don't worry guys, Eric Holder and the "JustUs" Department will be right on it!

Holder: Dey ain eva had to go thru wut "my people" beenz thru, so dey ain gon be prosecuted fo dis.

Yes, that's hyperbole, but that's essentially the message "My People" Holder sent in 08.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:53 PM

8,100 posts, read 4,997,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMomDeb View Post
I don't see an "Obama 2012" sticker anywhere on him. So I can only assume that you believe he is intimidating voters simply by being African American.
He's a New Black Panther.....

I forgot....they all are Pro Romney.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:55 PM

40,104 posts, read 24,345,620 times
Quote:
LOL......then he's not supposed to LOITER around that close to the polling place!!!
He's a poll watcher.

And the law doesn't say that he has to be inside the polls, in fact THE LAW restricts the number of watchers that can be inside. So if there is a poll watcher already inside, then he has to stand outside. As in exactly where he is standing, where he is opening doors for people and not behaving in an intimidating manner at all.

By the way, it's AGAINST the law to try to make a poll watcher leave the premises.

Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the law.

http://weblinks.westlaw.com/result/d...Split&vr=2%2E0

Old 11-06-2012, 12:55 PM

8,701 posts, read 11,833,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
He's a New Black Panther.....

I forgot....they all are Pro Romney.
If they had only brought baked goods instead of nightsticks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or