U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 08:16 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,000,929 times

Advertisements

He should at least make himself useful.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-06-2012 at 09:37 AM.. Reason: inappropriate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 08:19 AM

1,407 posts, read 748,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
and?

What is exactly wrong with this?
Because of what happened in 2008 people know he is there to intimidate voters...he has no need to be there he is doing nothing but loitering and causing a nuisance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
LOL...

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-06-2012 at 09:38 AM..

Old 11-06-2012, 08:19 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,668,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
1. How do you know they aren't abiding by whatever restrictions are in place? .
Penn People are smart people and if that's the state law, I can agree with it. Here in TX we even told the UN they had to stay back 100 feet.

No need to contaminate the process.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:21 AM

5,787 posts, read 3,974,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
and?

What is exactly wrong with this?

It's actually ILLEGAL in Pennsylvania.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:24 AM

414 posts, read 581,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Don't know Pa law, but if he were in NH he would be across the street at a minimum. At my polling place there will be people across the street, there always is. usually the ones trying to get you to switch at the last moment.

No one here tries to intimidate.
I don't see an "Obama 2012" sticker anywhere on him. So I can only assume that you believe he is intimidating voters simply by being African American.

Quote:
1. How do you know they aren't abiding by whatever restrictions are in place?
2. The Conservatives have a much bigger movement (True the Vote) where they're placing people inside the polling places to watch voters...

Yep.
In NC I voted early and there were all kinds of conservatives with placards and posters trying to get me to vote Republican.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
nice..

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-06-2012 at 09:38 AM..

Old 11-06-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
1. How do you know they aren't abiding by whatever restrictions are in place?
As a Pennsylvania resident, I know the law here....he's too close to the polling place.

Quote:
2. The Conservatives have a much bigger movement (True the Vote) where they're placing people inside the polling places to watch voters...
No one is allowed inside the polling place in Pennsylvania unless they have the proper poll-watcher credentials. If True the Vote people got the proper credentials (which I doubt they did in PA because you can have only a Republican and a Democrat authorized poll watcher) then they could be inside, but that's no plausible.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:28 AM

A Republican poll watcher was pushed out of a Philly polling place already and a judge quickly ruled that was illegal. Sheriff's Deputies have been dispatched to ensure no one with proper credentials gets pushed outside.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:31 AM

414 posts, read 581,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
As a Pennsylvania resident, I know the law here....he's too close to the polling place.

No one is allowed inside the polling place in Pennsylvania unless they have the proper poll-watcher credentials. If True the Vote people got the proper credentials (which I doubt they did in PA because you can have only a Republican and a Democrat authorized poll watcher) then they could be inside, but that's no plausible.

So this African American guy (apparently pulling for Obama even though he doesn't have any political stickers, etc on him) IS standing there in PA (?) and you know that he is intimidating voters?

Really?

Old 11-06-2012, 08:32 AM

12,482 posts, read 8,842,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
A Republican poll watcher was pushed out of a Philly polling place already and a judge quickly ruled that was illegal. Sheriff's Deputies have been dispatched to ensure no one with proper credentials gets pushed outside.
This is how Obama wins

Old 11-06-2012, 08:32 AM

26,781 posts, read 19,084,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMomDeb View Post
I don't see an "Obama 2012" sticker anywhere on him. So I can only assume that you believe he is intimidating voters simply by being African American.
right, those new black panthers are notorious for voting republican
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or