Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 08:33 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times

Advertisements

He is a volunteer door-man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 08:33 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMomDeb View Post
So this African American guy (apparently pulling for Obama even though he doesn't have any political stickers, etc on him) IS standing there in PA (?) and you know that he is intimidating voters?

Really?

It doesn't matter WHAT he is doing. NO ONE is allowed to stand that close to the polling place in Pennsylvania. You can't even loiter there.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post

That's against the law in Pennsylvania.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:37 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
As a Pennsylvania resident, I know the law here....he's too close to the polling place.

No one is allowed inside the polling place in Pennsylvania unless they have the proper poll-watcher credentials. If True the Vote people got the proper credentials (which I doubt they did in PA because you can have only a Republican and a Democrat authorized poll watcher) then they could be inside, but that's no plausible.
As you recall from 2008 incident, the mouthy Minister with the club was removed from the polling place by police and not allowed to return. The other man with him who wasn't armed or being mouthy was allowed to stay since he was a credentialed poll watcher. If you watch the FoxNews video, it appears to be the same man in both the 2008 and 2012 videos. He was credentialed in 2008, I imagine he's also credentialed now in 2012.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:38 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
They're allowed to stand there. All this guy is doing is standing there. Big whoop. If a white supremacist wants to stand there as this guy is, that's his right.
Am a staunch conservative christian, and I agree. But there is one big difference between this picture and the '08 one; no billy clubs. Would you agree that if they were still standing there with billy clubs that it would be voter intimidation? Also, do you have the intellectual honesty top admit that if a Stormfronter, or whatever they are called, were standing their in full uniform, that the corrupt liberal media would go crazy? It's the double standard that bothers many of us.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
As you recall from 2008 incident, the mouthy Minister with the club was removed from the polling place by police and not allowed to return. The other man with him who wasn't armed or being mouthy was allowed to stay since he was a credentialed poll watcher. If you watch the FoxNews video, it appears to be the same man in both the 2008 and 2012 videos. He was credentialed in 2008, I imagine he's also credentialed now in 2012.

Nope.

Credentialed poll workers and watchers work INSIDE the polls.

NO ONE, I repeat NO ONE is permitted to stand around right in front of the polls in Pennsylvania.....there is a "buffer zone".

Old 11-06-2012, 08:49 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
As a Pennsylvania resident, I know the law here....he's too close to the polling place.

No one is allowed inside the polling place in Pennsylvania unless they have the proper poll-watcher credentials. If True the Vote people got the proper credentials (which I doubt they did in PA because you can have only a Republican and a Democrat authorized poll watcher) then they could be inside, but that's no plausible.
Then call the police on him. If it's illegal it won't be hard to stop the "intimidation."

And I don't know if this happened in PA too, but TtV already has been outed for forging signatures to get whatever access they're claiming to have.

True The Vote Forged Signatures To Get Observers At Ohio Polls

Old 11-06-2012, 08:51 AM

412 posts, read 684,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Am a staunch conservative christian, and I agree. But there is one big difference between this picture and the '08 one; no billy clubs. Would you agree that if they were still standing there with billy clubs that it would be voter intimidation? Also, do you have the intellectual honesty top admit that if a Stormfronter, or whatever they are called, were standing their in full uniform, that the corrupt liberal media would go crazy? It's the double standard that bothers many of us.
You mean if they were wearing their bedsheet and pointy hat?
I mean this presumed Black Panther guy (which is presumed because he is not a white dude, I guess) is not wearing anything that says "Hi, I am a Black Panther and I am here to intimidate you into voting a certain way".

Old 11-06-2012, 08:51 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Passing out Food Stamp Gift Cards.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:53 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
and?

What is exactly wrong with this?

What exactly is the point of this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections