Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 03:24 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,040 times

Advertisements

I think I just threw up a little when I read the title. On that note I REALLY hope the Republicans lose tonight so the sane wing of the party can finally take back GOP from teabagging jackasses that have hijacked it. Win or lose with the demographic changes occurring in this country not to mention the rise of a younger generation, the Republican party is in for a major shakeup, it can either adapt to those changes or it can wither away with the Teabaggers. Either way I can only hope the cooler heads can reclaim the party of Teddy Roosevelt.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:25 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
I think I just threw up a little when I read the title. On that note I REALLY hope the Republicans lose tonight so the sane wing of the party can finally take back GOP from teabagging jackasses that have hijacked it. Win or lose with the demographic changes occurring in this country not to mention the rise of a younger generation, the Republican party is in for a major shakeup, it can either adapt to those changes or it can wither away with the Teabaggers. Either way I can only hope the cooler heads can reclaim the party of Teddy Roosevelt.
"Teabaggers" have very little to do with politics.

Unless you are referring to the Tea Party (teaparty.org).

Old 11-06-2012, 03:31 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Sorry, OP, as a Republican, I have to respectfully, and totally, disagree. Romney is a liberal. He's NOT a conservative like Reagan was. We had our chance at a real conservative but apparently the right is filled with neo-cons and wouldn't know conservatism if it bit them in the face.

What we have now is liberalism vs liberalism.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:39 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Sorry, OP, as a Republican, I have to respectfully, and totally, disagree. Romney is a liberal. He's NOT a conservative like Reagan was. We had our chance at a real conservative but apparently the right is filled with neo-cons and wouldn't know conservatism if it bit them in the face.

Mitt Romney: More Severely Conservative than Rick Santorum - YouTube

Old 11-06-2012, 03:45 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,690 times
Between Three Wolves and Go Mexico, I think this illustrates the vagueness of the term "conservative". Are you talking about social issues? Fiscal? Foreign policy?

Old 11-06-2012, 03:51 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Oh you mean that Romney wouldn't raise taxes, triple federal budget deficit, have unemployment at 10.8, grow the size of the federal government, give amnesty to 3 million illegal immigrants, and fight a proxy war with the Soviet Union that helped to arm the Taliban.

Seriously, what does conservative even mean to you people.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:55 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Oh you mean that Romney wouldn't raise taxes, triple federal budget deficit, have unemployment at 10.8, grow the size of the federal government, give amnesty to 3 million illegal immigrants, and fight a proxy war with the Soviet Union that helped to arm the Taliban.

I'm sorry that you have no idea what a true conservative stands for. All you have seen are neo cons who have called themselves Republicans for...gosh, how many years has it been?

I'm not going to do your research for you, you go find out what is a real conservative.

I did my own research when I learned the difference between a shrieking liberal progressive and a true blue Democrat.

Or are you one of those who doesn't want to actually learn, it's just easier to toss out insults to that which you do not understand?

Old 11-06-2012, 03:56 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:

Try to post accurate info. The federal budget deficit did not "triple" under Reagan. The unemployment when he left office was about 5.6%. The amnesty had requirements; it was not a blanket amnesty. Etc. etc.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:02 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Try to post accurate info. The federal budget deficit did not "triple" under Reagan. The unemployment when he left office was about 5.6%. The amnesty had requirements; it was not a blanket amnesty. Etc. etc.
The Free Market: The Sad Legacy of Ronald Reagan

I hope that the Mises Institute isn't too left wing for you "Conservatives".

When will you "Conservatives" stop lying to yourselves.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:04 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:

They don't ask you to solve the meaning of life, so you don't get to ask them why they like Reagan or despise Obama...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections