Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2012, 02:18 PM

266 posts, read 402,721 times

Advertisements

Ok people. I guess I was wrong in thinking that more people would catch on to my reference, but since everyone on this thread seems to be too ignorant (yes, ignorant is in fact the appropriate word) to take the time to watch a highly rated film relating to our election, it doesn't seem I can have a discussion with anyone here. Have fun creating your own meanings and continuing in your "Yes We Can" bubbles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 02:24 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Boehner has just said that he's open to "higher revenues" in return for cuts in social programs and tax reform.

There's still work to do but there WILL be a deal.

Ken
I agree there will be a deal. But Barack Obama did not arrive with a mandate on taxes, no matter what he says, and no matter how hard you try to push the theory. The House has much more leverage than the President on taxes and spending. Boehner doesn't have to do anything the President says if he doesn't want to.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:28 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,460,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliza View Post
The only issue I see with same-sex marriage in relation to this election is that I believe many young liberals voted with this as their main incentive. Which isn't right.
And I believe many old conservatives voted with abortion as their main incentive. Which also isn't right.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:28 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,809,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Boehner has just said that he's open to "higher revenues" in return for cuts in social programs and tax reform.

There's still work to do but there WILL be a deal.

Ken

Which is exactly what Obama proposed before. LOL

Everybody has to grandstand to make their bases happy and look "tough", but no one wants to deal with the consequences of no deal. So there will be one.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:34 PM

266 posts, read 402,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
And I believe many old conservatives voted with abortion as their main incentive. Which also isn't right.
Absolutely it's not. Voting should not be based off of one issue. You have to agree with a candidate's policies in general. I do understand that some issues specifically are more important to some than others, but not when you have 1 A and 17 F's. (Grade reference - for some of you slow folks [not you, pch]).

PS - if the "old" conservative was referring to me, I am 23. That is another common misconception that liberals are young and conservatives old, mostly for conservatives though. I truly meant the YOUNG of the liberals, not "young liberals," as if that's all there are. Just to clear that up.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:39 PM

502 posts, read 717,510 times
White liberals are evolutionary-novel creatures.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:43 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I agree there will be a deal. But Barack Obama did not arrive with a mandate on taxes, no matter what he says, and no matter how hard you try to push the theory. The House has much more leverage than the President on taxes and spending. Boehner doesn't have to do anything the President says if he doesn't want to.
No, Boehner doesn't have more leverage - and he KNOWS it, that's why he's responding as he is. Nothing more can be done to the President. He's President for the next 4 years and that's all there is to it. That's NOT the case for Congress - they have an election again in 2 years.

Not only that but Congress' approval rating is already WAYYYYYY lower than the Presidents' Congress' approval rating right now is down around the lowest Congress has ever had.

The Presidents' position is much stronger than anyone in Congress.

Ken

Old 11-07-2012, 02:44 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Which is exactly what Obama proposed before. LOL

Everybody has to grandstand to make their bases happy and look "tough", but no one wants to deal with the consequences of no deal. So there will be one.
Right on target.

Ken

Old 11-07-2012, 02:48 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Ok people. I guess I was wrong in thinking that more people would catch on to my reference, but since everyone on this thread seems to be too ignorant (yes, ignorant is in fact the appropriate word) to take the time to watch a highly rated film relating to our election, it doesn't seem I can have a discussion with anyone here. Have fun creating your own meanings and continuing in your "Yes We Can" bubbles.

I couldn't think of anything that would be a bigger waste of mine or anyone elses time. No thanks.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:52 PM

990 posts, read 939,145 times
Quote:
Should start formation around 2015.

More loons will be appointed to the Supreme Court as many of the current justices are getting up there.

Bankruptcy.

Rising unemployment rate and lack of jobs (but at least it will be easy to get government support when we are struggling to find work!)

Oh, but gay marriage is legal.

Priorities

Really? Are you people really that delusional?

So Islam, a religion which counts a whopping 2% of the American people amongst its members, is going to somehow take over the US? And they're going to do it in just 2.5 years? Really?

I don't understand how such crazy people can function...you have to be truly insane to think that Islam is taking over the US. If anything, radical Evangelical Christianity is making desperate efforts to take over the US, but the suggestion that Islam is trying is beyond dumb.

And unemployment has been falling for the last 3.5 years, not rising. Try facts for a change, they tend to tell the truth more than insane theories about Islam taking over the US.

Literally one of the dumbest threads in City-Data history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections