U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2012, 07:43 PM

1,673 posts, read 1,526,770 times

Advertisements

So while there is still some votes out, this is what we do know for sure:

Obama secured over 300 electoral votes.

Obama is going to win the popular vote by more then 2 million votes.

In their most vulnerable year (most seats up), the Dems not only fended off the GOP, they picked up 2 seats. Almost three. Massive win for the Senate Dems.

The GOP does secure the house; the victory is marred with scars with the GOP losing several seats and major names such as Allen West and Mia Love not securing seats.

Social conservatism took a beating with several gay marriage and drug freedom wins.

There is no way you can slice it, this was a HORRIBLE night for the GOP. As one conservative blogger said, if you take in EVERYTHING (including demographics of the Dem vote) this is the best election night for the left in decades, possibly as far back as 1936 (oh look, the last president with a horrible economy).

The GOP better find its new soul within a year or 2014 may be rough again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 07:54 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,400,385 times
This much we know:

With 2012 nearing an end next month, President Obama is still in office.

When 2013 ends, he will still be in office.

When 2014 ends, he will still be in office.

When 2015 ends, he will still be in office.

When 2016 ends, he will still be in office.

The only real question is this: when will President Hillary Clinton appoint Barack Obama to be the new Chief Justice Of The United States Supreme Court?

My guess is 2017, but even if it has to wait until 2018 or 2019, I'll be fine with that!

Old 11-07-2012, 10:10 PM

269 posts, read 348,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Your entire premise is unrealistic. You should get past your own delusions & psychotic breaks and get over yourself and your religious fake fervor. The country survived before your tinfoil hat freakout, it will survive long after your gone.
Lmao You people are quite hilarious and blind. My entire premise? Really? Lets look past the US of Islam reference that ruffled everyone's feathers (while it is STILL realistic, albeit farther in the future than my other points). Bankruptcy is a very real possibility for us. If debt is incurred in the same patterns it was in the past four years, which it will because obama's policy is based upon spending as much money as possible in his supposed attempt to help us, then that is exactly where it is headed and WILL reach. You are in denial if you don't see that. Jobs are elusive any more, regardless of the years, effort, and thousands of dollars you put into making something of yourself. There is becoming less and less reward for hard work, and more and more reward for sitting on your a** all day and smoking your legal pot. I don't care what party you are part of, everyone is feeling the effects of that situation. I don't want to see a liberal Supreme Court for obvious reasons. My concern for that is obviously very real as many current justices are very old and will be replaced within the next term. Appointing justices is one of the few true powers the President actually has. And gay marriage is bound to become a national issue within the next term. So in actuality, all of my points are quite valid. Also- I am not religious, but I appreciate your desperate attempt to assess me over the Internet.

And lastly, I'd like to remind you all of Albert Einstein's definition of insanity: "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."

Re-electing Obama is the epitome of insanity, therefore you all are in fact the crazy ones

Have a wonderful night!

Old 11-07-2012, 10:13 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,533,695 times
You poor thing, you've had a hard time.

Get some sleep.

Oh, and Einstein never said that.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:51 PM
JJG

13,234 posts, read 19,119,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post

James Buchanan.... John Tyler.... Andrew Johnson... Richard Nixon.... THIS guy:

All WORSE than Obama.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:56 PM

10,953 posts, read 8,659,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
James Buchanan.... John Tyler.... Andrew Johnson... Richard Nixon.... THIS guy:

All WORSE than Obama.
This. ^^^^

Old 11-07-2012, 11:32 PM

21,509 posts, read 43,795,211 times
President Obama and team have been picking up the pieces ever since George Bush left office. Too bad Bush and Cheney can't be prosecuted for depraved indifference. Running two unfunded wars setting off a permanent burning cauldron in the Middle East and bankrupting the country. In civilian life, depraved indifference is a crime.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:35 PM

4,787 posts, read 4,221,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliza View Post
Lmao You people are quite hilarious and blind. My entire premise? Really? Lets look past the US of Islam reference that ruffled everyone's feathers (while it is STILL realistic, albeit farther in the future than my other points). Bankruptcy is a very real possibility for us. If debt is incurred in the same patterns it was in the past four years, which it will because obama's policy is based upon spending as much money as possible in his supposed attempt to help us, then that is exactly where it is headed and WILL reach. You are in denial if you don't see that. Jobs are elusive any more, regardless of the years, effort, and thousands of dollars you put into making something of yourself. There is becoming less and less reward for hard work, and more and more reward for sitting on your a** all day and smoking your legal pot. I don't care what party you are part of, everyone is feeling the effects of that situation. I don't want to see a liberal Supreme Court for obvious reasons. My concern for that is obviously very real as many current justices are very old and will be replaced within the next term. Appointing justices is one of the few true powers the President actually has. And gay marriage is bound to become a national issue within the next term. So in actuality, all of my points are quite valid. Also- I am not religious, but I appreciate your desperate attempt to assess me over the Internet.

And lastly, I'd like to remind you all of Albert Einstein's definition of insanity: "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."

Re-electing Obama is the epitome of insanity, therefore you all are in fact the crazy ones

Have a wonderful night!

I don't understand what the problem with a US of Islam is, or what you think our country should do to stop it from happening. I also see no semblance of unity whatsoever in that region at the moment.

Obama's stimulus did help us. I don't like how he did it, but borrowing money for a short-term economic boost was the best thing he could have done.

Exactly what has Obama done to increase entitlements? I can't find anything. Obamacare doesn't count, there was already Medicaid.

Looking at how we are having absolutely no trouble borrowing money right now, bankruptcy is not a possibility for us anytime soon.

Re-electing a Republican would neatly fit your definition of insanity as well.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:45 AM

2 posts, read 1,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teve.torbes View Post
They put out their best and brightest this year. The bench ain't that deep.
Fortunately there was no adequate competition among the GOP. What the party must realize is in order to survive, they must appeal to a broader base. With their nomination of Mr. Romney it showed two things:

1.) They don't understand the candidate with the highest net worth doesn't necessarily equal the highest approval among conservatives nor moderates.

2.) The party has lost interest in whom it serves and is becoming a tighter circle consisting of those with hard-core conservative principles.

These two simultaneously, sealed the election and official decline of the party itself. As 2016 approaches my one suggestion would be to find a way to appeal to various demographics while retreating to classical republican views on today's issues rather than tea party stances.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:49 AM

11,456 posts, read 12,692,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliza View Post
Should start formation around 2015.

More loons will be appointed to the Supreme Court as many of the current justices are getting up there.

Bankruptcy.

Rising unemployment rate and lack of jobs (but at least it will be easy to get government support when we are struggling to find work!)

Oh, but gay marriage is legal.

Priorities

Same guy who predicted a Romney landslide I'd bet ^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or