Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2012, 10:31 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
I love how the most vocal, nasty Republicans that inhabited this board day after day are now completely MIA.
Commercial Airlines - One way flights leaving America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 10:32 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I feel differently. I am proud the my fellow Americans exercised their right to vote. The best candidate was elected. Next time, don't use the "Anybody but..." campaign plan. You should get someone that is electable and doesn't crumble to the fringes of your party during the primaries.
Exactly!

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
I am shocked at how low the populace has set the bar for their leaders. To re-elect someone so incompetent and dishonest is just so very sad for our country. Truly, the dumbing down of this country has worked and I am sorry to see the demise of such a one time great nation!

So hard to believe how well the dumbing down of this country has worked. But, it seems that most people are voting for themselves and not for the good of the country.

Honestly, if the Republicans can't beat Obama after his failed Presidency then they should start all over and we should start some new political parties.

The people of this country don't care about the country and only care about themselves. It makes me sick but, this will bring the end that much sooner and it must happen and as Christians we need to look at that as our future. This is not our home!

Welcome to the European America. Everyone can now go out and apply for the food stamps and whatever else from our bankrupt country!

Oh, we heard the same nonsense four years ago and America is still here and still operating with capitalism. That old dog won't hunt. The GOP has to back away from the extremist fringe if it expects
thinking people to vote for their candidates. The sky isn't falling, Chicken Littles.

753 posts, read 727,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Romney currently leads popular vote by 335. 73% of the vote in. Lead shrinking by the moment.
Only about 20% of California is in, and in 2008 Obama won California by a margin of over 3 million votes. Once California comes totally in, the President should be up by at least 1.5 million votes.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:33 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No, I said the EC should be eliminated in 2000 and I say it now: One man, One vote!
Eliminate it only if you think the 6 or 7 most populous states should decide elections.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:34 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Lightbulb hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I disagree but I suspect that nothing I would say could change your opinion. I have great hope in our young Republicans and have hope for them as they move up in the party. I still believe Romney would have been a better President but he obviously didn't run a campaign to overcome a very vunerable incumbent President. It is what it is.
Romney simply became transparent in his lack of substance.

He stood for nothing, pandered to all, and lacked the depth necessary to function as Commander in Chief on the World stage.

1,672 posts, read 1,771,158 times
The Senate wins for the Dems, especially if they hold/take NV, MT, and ND is huge. Almost bigger then Obama winning. It really shows how the house with gerrymandering does not represent a lot of the state-wide and nation-wide voting totals.

1,652 posts, read 2,549,273 times
Quote:
I feel differently. I am proud the my fellow Americans exercised their right to vote. The best candidate was elected. Next time, don't use the "Anybody but..." campaign plan. You should get someone that is electable and doesn't crumble to the fringes of your party during the primaries.
This.

The GOP only has itself to blame. I haven't loved President Obama's 1st term, but you didn't offer me a better choice.

Choose a better candidate next time.
Move your party platform into the 21st century.
Reject the extremist idealogues.
Show a little optimism and pride in America.
Stop beating the drums of war.
Stop alienating minorities, LGBT's, women, unions, etc.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:35 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
I am shocked at how low the populace has set the bar for their leaders. To re-elect someone so incompetent and dishonest is just so very sad for our country. Truly, the dumbing down of this country has worked and I am sorry to see the demise of such a one time great nation!

So hard to believe how well the dumbing down of this country has worked. But, it seems that most people are voting for themselves and not for the good of the country.

Honestly, if the Republicans can't beat Obama after his failed Presidency then they should start all over and we should start some new political parties.

The people of this country don't care about the country and only care about themselves. It makes me sick but, this will bring the end that much sooner and it must happen and as Christians we need to look at that as our future. This is not our home!

Welcome to the European America. Everyone can now go out and apply for the food stamps and whatever else from our bankrupt country!
I sympathize. I really do. I felt very much the same way in 2004. Could not believe that many people were so ignorant.
The losses in Iraq and Afghanistan, the loss of prestige around the world, the clear signs that the economy was heading for a crash. So many signs, and yet...

C'est la vie.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:35 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Can't vote for a well-oiled weathervane that caters to the r-wing nutjobs of the GOP. I am pro-choice, I am for separation of church and state, I am AGAINST the robber barons and huge income disparity that has occurred since Reagan. I am against demonization and intolerance. I believe the rich are not paying enough tax and haven't for ten years at least.

Electing Romney would be a reelection of GWBush, neocons and further wars in the Middle East.

NO THANK YOU!!!!
Quote:
No. It wasn't put out by the Democrats. Your own elected officials are on record with these views and statements. You did it to yourselves. This isn't something that just happened over night. But, Tonight, is the culmination of the Republican stereotype. My bet, is that your brand will change. That or fade into history.
Let me put it this way. I am being quite gracious in our loss. I'm not accusing Obama of stealing the election or any of that nonsense. Romney couldn't close. However, I do not believe the entire GOP platform needs to change because we lost a very close election. Do we need to have nominees with more conviction? I could say that is a valid argument. But again, I have my views, you have yours. I would say this. Try to be gracious in your win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections