Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2012, 10:27 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
I am shocked at how low the populace has set the bar for their leaders. To re-elect someone so incompetent and dishonest is just so very sad for our country. Truly, the dumbing down of this country has worked and I am sorry to see the demise of such a one time great nation!

So hard to believe how well the dumbing down of this country has worked. But, it seems that most people are voting for themselves and not for the good of the country.

Honestly, if the Republicans can't beat Obama after his failed Presidency then they should start all over and we should start some new political parties.

The people of this country don't care about the country and only care about themselves. It makes me sick but, this will bring the end that much sooner and it must happen and as Christians we need to look at that as our future. This is not our home!

Welcome to the European America. Everyone can now go out and apply for the food stamps and whatever else from our bankrupt country!
Fix your extreme party and we'll talk. I am not alone in being a previous R voter in 2004/2008 who switched to Obama this round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 10:27 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,385,304 times
I love how the most vocal, nasty Republicans that inhabited this board day after day are now completely MIA.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:28 PM

753 posts, read 727,841 times
In North Dakota, with 93% of precincts in so far, Democrat Heidi Heitkamp is up by almost 4,000 votes (or, 2% is small North Dakota). I do believe the Democrats are going to hold this seat. Impressive... the retirement of Byron Dorgan gave the Republicans a prime pickup opportunity there, but it seems they have failed. And if this holds, it appears the Democrats will almost certainly have a net gain of Senate seats.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:29 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
I am shocked at how low the populace has set the bar for their leaders. To re-elect someone so incompetent and dishonest is just so very sad for our country. Truly, the dumbing down of this country has worked and I am sorry to see the demise of such a one time great nation!

So hard to believe how well the dumbing down of this country has worked. But, it seems that most people are voting for themselves and not for the good of the country.

Honestly, if the Republicans can't beat Obama after his failed Presidency then they should start all over and we should start some new political parties.

The people of this country don't care about the country and only care about themselves. It makes me sick but, this will bring the end that much sooner and it must happen and as Christians we need to look at that as our future. This is not our home!

Welcome to the European America. Everyone can now go out and apply for the food stamps and whatever else from our bankrupt country!
100 million people vote, and you belittle them and question their sincerity? You consider yourself more intelligent, better? Really?

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
I just heard reported that Romney did not have a concession speech ready. I suppose you can chalk that up to positive thinking...or something more insidious. Really, how can you not be prepared for the worst in what most agreed at the time would be a close race. Is it an arrogant sense of entitlement or did the voter surpression failure come as a surprise?

25,581 posts, read 56,471,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I am disappointed by these results and I pray that we make it through four more years of Obama. I still believe Romney would have been a better Presidential choice. Well, there's one thing that's for sure. Our country just voted for more of the same (President, Senate, and House). We can all Monday morning quarterback this election but at the end of it, it was close and Romney just couldn't close it. But in all, I am just so disappointed in my fellow Americans.
Can't vote for a well-oiled weathervane that caters to the r-wing nutjobs of the GOP. I am pro-choice, I am for separation of church and state, I am AGAINST the robber barons and huge income disparity that has occurred since Reagan. I am against demonization and intolerance. I believe the rich are not paying enough tax and haven't for ten years at least.

Electing Romney would be a reelection of GWBush, neocons and further wars in the Middle East.

NO THANK YOU!!!!

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Winning the electoral vote despite losing the popular vote. I wonder how many of those who bitched 12 years ago about how we need to get rid of the electoral college have changed their minds tonight. Probably all of them. LAWL
I am 100% okay with one candidate winning the popular vote and one winning the electoral vote. IMO, the wrong candidate one the electoral vote, but that is the way some elections go.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:30 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,123,667 times
"I'm Fired!"

Donald Trump.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:30 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
That's the thing - we never did those things. That was an election thing put out by the Democrats. Clearly it worked. It's unfortunate too because the reality is that the GOP party isn't that way but will see how our new young Republicans can change that stereotype of Republicans.
No. It wasn't put out by the Democrats. Your own elected officials are on record with these views and statements. You did it to yourselves. This isn't something that just happened over night. But, Tonight, is the culmination of the Republican stereotype. My bet, is that your brand will change. That or fade into history.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:31 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It's proof that Republicans are too extreme. Your platform needs to change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC2012 View Post
I take PRIDE in the verdict out there today...
We the people DO NOT want flip flopper and war monger anywhere near the WH....
Wait till the west coast votes come in ... Obama will win popular vote too....
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I feel differently. I am proud the my fellow Americans exercised their right to vote. The best candidate was elected. Next time, don't use the "Anybody but..." campaign plan. You should get someone that is electable and doesn't crumble to the fringes of your party during the primaries.
I disagree but I suspect that nothing I would say could change your opinion. I have great hope in our young Republicans and have hope for them as they move up in the party. I still believe Romney would have been a better President but he obviously didn't run a campaign to overcome a very vunerable incumbent President. It is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections