Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 10:32 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,691,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
It's your duty as an American citizen to help out the less fortunate.
I already do, and by my own discretion. I don't need it being taken out of my check and given to any Joe blow who is more than likely perfectly capable of working.

6,175 posts, read 12,936,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I wasn't aware I was supposed to update my CD profile as soon as something changed, especially since the decision to put me in charge of these things was very recent.

FYI, it's the internship I had when I signed up back here in August and they recently promoted me. Next time something happens in my life, I'll be sure to update my CD profile immediately.

Keep trying, though. You aren't going to be looking over my résumé in the future when I decide to move on , so I couldn't care less if you find me 'credible'.
You went from PR assistant/ intern to in charge of the company's PR and Marketing department in just over two months? Congratulations on your meteoric, (some would say unbelievable) rise.

1,320 posts, read 1,247,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Because voting is revenge on a system we can't deal with anymore. Changing it by voting is the American way. Remember?
AMEN BROTHER!!!! You got revenge.... thanks for siding with me.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:35 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
why did he say "voting is the best revenge"? seriously.... please explain....
I'm talking about the OP. If you don't understand then that is your problem.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
What's so horrible about that?
Do what you want with your own money. I work hard for what I get and I don't like the government taking huge chunks of it for lazy people.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What do you care, just go, we'll be fine
I'm not going anywhere. And tell me how great you're doing in another year.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:38 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,944,570 times
Quote:
It's your duty as an American citizen to help out the less fortunate.
Helping out is one thing. Supporting an able bodied human and their family is another. The "less fortunate" are not the issue. The lazy, suck off the gov't handouts are. And "duty"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
I already do, and by my own discretion. I don't need it being taken out of my check and given to any Joe blow who is more than likely perfectly capable of working.
Agree.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
work? You guys can't even make it to the polling places,
I'm in Texas, which Romney won, and yes, I went on my lunch break to vote.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:39 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
No we should tax the rich but theirs no need to steal their money by taxing them more "because their rich"

pretty much the same as racism. i hate the rich because their rich... awesome!!

heres an idea... get a job and work hard....oh wait you cant get a job... why? because rich people are bad.
Yah, because I remember all those stories of those poor folk who hung effigies of rich people with nooses around their necks from trees. And dragging them behind trucks. And lynching them.

Some of you make it sound so easy. Work hard and get a job. Oh, it's that easy ?! Of course the people who usually have no idea what it's like always are the most outspoken.

I doubt the extremely poor hate the rich, but if you put yourself in their shoes and circumstances, I'm sure you can see why they may resent them.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:39 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,602,012 times
Quote:
No we should tax the rich but theirs no need to steal their money by taxing them more "because their rich"

pretty much the same as racism. i hate the rich because their rich... awesome!!

heres an idea... get a job and work hard....oh wait you cant get a job... why? because rich people are bad.
I can't believe with all the information out there available to you that you still believe this crap.

They don't pay as much as I do in relation to what they make, why am I giving them a ride? They use way more public services then I do to support themselves to boot. They should pay their share, nobody hates rich people, they hate having to sport them in fear of job loss. If they can't hold their own they really aren't as rich as they think they are.

Time for reality checks here. I'm not going to pay their share so they can feel rich. If they can't hang in there and pay their taxes like the big boys they think they are then they can step off the rich ladder. They can stop stealing my money!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections