U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 11:01 AM

15,723 posts, read 9,604,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Not See View Post
Guess y'all didn't have enuf edumucated folk to win this elektion ?
Based on the electoral college, dumb people have a larger voice than smart people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Have you driven in there?
Yes, I work in DC. I drive there all the time. Traffic sucks, but what does that have to do with the quality of the city? All major cities have horrible traffic.

Quote:
There are mobile speed cameras enforcing 25mph roads everywhere, you can tell when you have reached a poor neighborhood, there are large crowds of tourists at us monuments and buildings, people drive worse than NYC, there is no parking anywhere without paying for it, traffic is horrendous, people jaywalk when lights are green, and the list keeps going... if I wanted to live in a large city, DC would not even be in the list...
This is a really really dumb comment and is not exclusive to DC. You can tell the poor areas in any city. Tourists always dominate monuments, museums, attraction areas. There is no parking in any city that doesn't require paying for it.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
Once you get out of Dupont circle/tourist areas, it can be a fairly dangerous place at night.
And another dumb topic from someone who doesn't know the city. Dupont isn't a big tourist area. And no, pretty much anywhere in Northwest is safe.

Quote:
I work out with a few guys here in town who were born and raised in the SE....and they don't even like to go in there at night.
Southeast is and has always been the most dangerous area of DC, especially east of the Anacostia. And 99% of people who work and live in DC never ever venture over there.

But what does that have to do with Northwest?

Old 11-30-2016, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
My company sent me to the swamp to do some consulting work for a few months....it's crap hole for all but racist liberals.
You guys are really trying to beat each other for dumbest comment in the thread. DC is one of the best cities in the country, and the suburbs are some of the highest quality of living places in the country, particularly Arlington. You obviously know nothing about the city or have a very ignorant idea of what constitutes a decent city.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:23 AM

1,229 posts, read 667,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Dupont circle is not a tourist area. Do you actually live here
DuPont Circle is not a tourist area? You coulda fooled me. I have been there many times.....and I was there on the 4th of July - and I have never seen so many tourists in my life! There was so many people walking around It reminded me of Disneyland.

And no I don't live there - I am about 70 minutes away on a weekend day. I am also in contact every single day with multiple people who work there. And when I say work there, I don't mean Tyson's Corner, Alexandria or Bethesda. They all like the money but hate the town and commute. I also know many people who grew up there too.....and they don't want to move back

Old 11-30-2016, 11:41 AM

1,229 posts, read 667,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
And another dumb topic from someone who doesn't know the city. Dupont isn't a big tourist area. And no, pretty much anywhere in Northwest is safe.

Southeast is and has always been the most dangerous area of DC, especially east of the Anacostia. And 99% of people who work and live in DC never ever venture over there.

I'm talking about the entire city - not just the Northwest. You knew that though.

Old 11-30-2016, 01:44 PM

2,499 posts, read 1,119,807 times
Quote:

I see. So DC is one of the best cities in the world, provided that you stay out of the areas where the black people live (most of the city), and just pretend that those areas don't exist. And anyone who says otherwise is a dumb, dumb, stupid dum-dum. Ooooookay, then.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:09 PM

451 posts, read 177,490 times
Quote:
You guys are really trying to beat each other for dumbest comment in the thread. DC is one of the best cities in the country, and the suburbs are some of the highest quality of living places in the country, particularly Arlington. You obviously know nothing about the city or have a very ignorant idea of what constitutes a decent city.

Looks fine to me. I'm sure these guys would be friendly neighbors.........
Attached Thumbnails
Why are voting results in DC always so lopsided?-gangarrests-2_346028c-e1286364391496.jpg  

Old 11-30-2016, 02:40 PM

36,471 posts, read 15,965,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things considering they only garner 3 electoral college votes, but why is DC always so lopsided in favor of Democrats? Over 91% for Obama.

The next closest liberal state (Vermont) in comparison had 67% for Obama.

Even a red state like Utah only had 73% for Romney. This is expected being a Mormon stronghold.

What makes Washington DC so lopsided?
The vast majority of working voters work for either the DC govt or the fed.

Those that don't work, vote for dems because it is they who keep the entitlement checks coming.

Old 11-30-2016, 03:32 PM

18,194 posts, read 9,435,921 times
Quote:
I was talking about DC, you're talking about Arlington. Arlington is where I actually lived and worked....you can have it. It's a liberal cesspool like the rest of DC. Yeah they are absconding with a lot of my tax money and it makes full of a lot of people with money. Like most liberals, they hate the Deplorable Americans that work and pay their salaries....I paid in $89K in FIT last year and the IRS used that money to target people based on their political beliefs (Conservative). Time to drain the Swamp.

The weather was rotten there too with can't breathe humidity n the summer and still freaking cold in the winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or