U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: ?
Yes 57 26.15%
Nope 161 73.85%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-08-2012, 10:53 AM
 
Location: USA
19,646 posts, read 14,613,662 times
Reputation: 12698

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
See, here is more racist crap! I am about the furthest thing from a racist that there is. I've had black friends my entire life. I have nothing at all against Obama's skin color. I disagree with his politics. It wouldn't matter what color he was, I wouldn't want him for president. He is taking our country downhill; that is the problem I have with him. We are going in the wrong direction. And I for one am getting sick and tired of being called a RACIST because I don't agree with Obama.
Naw, you just have to look at it from a disinfranchised groups perspective. Someone who is raised knowing you have to be White to make it to the top. You have a President that you finally see a piece of you in. Voting against Obama would be like voting against your Father. The closest analogy I can this of is when Nelson Mandella won the election in SA. That and the demonization of the other party.

 
Old 11-08-2012, 01:49 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
1,991 posts, read 3,479,812 times
Reputation: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
d I'll let the last 4 years of Obama in office speak for him. The economy, high gas prices, high unemployment, Operation Fast & Furious, Solyndra, and other items related to Obama's failed foreign policy, which is lacking, makes me wonder what Obama supporters see in him.
Glad you asked.

1. He saved the Great Recession from becoming another Great Depression and put us back on a steady growth path, matching the historical economic data that says our worst recessions will TYPICALLY have slow and steady growth, not fast growth, if they avoid becoming depressions in the first place. I see success in him accomplishing that and I support him for it.

2. Auto execs and bank execs confirm that Obama DID save the auto industry and the banking industry, as both were on the brink of collapse. And he saved them when it was politically UNPOPULAR to do those bailouts. That showed leadership while under political fire. Results- two American industries saved because Obama shrugged off the political winds and acted decisively and correctly. I see success in him doing that and I support him for it.

3. He turned a horrendous George W. Bush foreign policy of war and of our allies not being able to stand us into a reduction of war and our allies being allies again, and even a nation like RUSSIA working with us on important objectives (Iran). I see that shift in foreign policy as a success. I still prefer Ron Paul's foreign policy, but Obama has done well in taking us from where Bush had us to where we are now, and I support him for it. By the way, I ALSO saw that Mitt Romney's foreign policy advisors were the same Bush foreign policy think tank, so I saw that I refused to be tricked into believe that with THOSE advisors, that Romney was anything but in that same Bush foreign policy camp. I saw a return to Bush foreign policy with a President Romney, so there was no way in HADES I was going to vote for that. I saw in Obama the chance to AVOID that horrendous path.

4. I see him proving his compassion concerning illegal immigrants and their children, as opposed to being a hard&$$ like the typical Republican is on the issue, and support him for it, and am glad to be giving him another 4 years to make even further progress on it.

5. I saw him passing a law that supports equal pay for equal work, as opposed to being a hard&$$ or dodging the matter like the typical Republican does on the issue, and support him for it.

6. I see him genuinely having concern for the middle and lower classes, and I also saw Romney slam the 47% whom he indicated were freeloaders and don't accept personal responsibility and care for their lives. Romney later backtracked, but only for political reasons- he really IS THAT REPUBLICAN HARD&$$ with those condescending attitudes who will basically be dmd if HIS government is going to help those freeloaders. Obama genuinely wants to use government to help the lower and middle classes obtain more access to economic opportunities, he proved it with the auto industry, he is trying to prove it with plans for investment in American infrastructure, nation building right here at home, and I support him for it and am glad to be giving him another 4 years to do it.

So wonder no more. You can disagree all you like, but really there's no reason to WONDER. These points ought to be plain enough for anybody to understand, so there's no need for you to wonder any longer.
 
Old 11-08-2012, 02:00 PM
 
26,297 posts, read 17,209,642 times
Reputation: 10273
I would have felt bad for him if he had ran a race based on principles and stood by them. The Neocons and Tea Potty crowd had him cowtowing to them with policies that are detrimental to the nation as a whole. Kind iof ties in with the hypocrisy of wanting to be the head of a nation that you do your best to not reinvest in. So, no I cannot feel bad for him. Maybe he's learned a lesson in karma. He lusted after something without pursuing it with integrity, respect and honesty.
 
Old 11-08-2012, 02:00 PM
 
9,842 posts, read 11,870,826 times
Reputation: 6324
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
Hell no. Flip-Flop Romney was the most vile, sleazy candidate to ever run for president. He is a national disgrace, and should be deported to the Cayman Islands to be closer to his daddy's money.
 
Old 11-08-2012, 02:02 PM
 
26,297 posts, read 17,209,642 times
Reputation: 10273
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
Glad you asked.

1. He saved the Great Recession from becoming another Great Depression and put us back on a steady growth path, matching the historical economic data that says our worst recessions will TYPICALLY have slow and steady growth, not fast growth, if they avoid becoming depressions in the first place. I see success in him accomplishing that and I support him for it.

2. Auto execs and bank execs confirm that Obama DID save the auto industry and the banking industry, as both were on the brink of collapse. And he saved them when it was politically UNPOPULAR to do those bailouts. That showed leadership while under political fire. Results- two American industries saved because Obama shrugged off the political winds and acted decisively and correctly. I see success in him doing that and I support him for it.

3. He turned a horrendous George W. Bush foreign policy of war and of our allies not being able to stand us into a reduction of war and our allies being allies again, and even a nation like RUSSIA working with us on important objectives (Iran). I see that shift in foreign policy as a success. I still prefer Ron Paul's foreign policy, but Obama has done well in taking us from where Bush had us to where we are now, and I support him for it. By the way, I ALSO saw that Mitt Romney's foreign policy advisors were the same Bush foreign policy think tank, so I saw that I refused to be tricked into believe that with THOSE advisors, that Romney was anything but in that same Bush foreign policy camp. I saw a return to Bush foreign policy with a President Romney, so there was no way in HADES I was going to vote for that. I saw in Obama the chance to AVOID that horrendous path.

4. I see him proving his compassion concerning illegal immigrants and their children, as opposed to being a hard&$$ like the typical Republican is on the issue, and support him for it, and am glad to be giving him another 4 years to make even further progress on it.

5. I saw him passing a law that supports equal pay for equal work, as opposed to being a hard&$$ or dodging the matter like the typical Republican does on the issue, and support him for it.

6. I see him genuinely having concern for the middle and lower classes, and I also saw Romney slam the 47% whom he indicated were freeloaders and don't accept personal responsibility and care for their lives. Romney later backtracked, but only for political reasons- he really IS THAT REPUBLICAN HARD&$$ with those condescending attitudes who will basically be dmd if HIS government is going to help those freeloaders. Obama genuinely wants to use government to help the lower and middle classes obtain more access to economic opportunities, he proved it with the auto industry, he is trying to prove it with plans for investment in American infrastructure, nation building right here at home, and I support him for it and am glad to be giving him another 4 years to do it.

So wonder no more. You can disagree all you like, but really there's no reason to WONDER. These points ought to be plain enough for anybody to understand, so there's no need for you to wonder any longer.
Yep!
 
Old 11-08-2012, 04:27 PM
 
Location: a nation with hope
13,153 posts, read 17,375,555 times
Reputation: 5025
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Translation: If White people aren't in control then nothing is as it should be.

If Barack Obama had white skin, we wouldn't be having all of these absurd gloom amd doom rants.
Obama is as much white as he is black. He's a good looking dark complexioned white man, or he's a good looking light complexioned black man. How can anyone be accused of racism in his case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
See, here is more racist crap! I am about the furthest thing from a racist that there is. I've had black friends my entire life. I have nothing at all against Obama's skin color. I disagree with his politics. It wouldn't matter what color he was, I wouldn't want him for president. He is taking our country downhill; that is the problem I have with him. We are going in the wrong direction. And I for one am getting sick and tired of being called a RACIST because I don't agree with Obama.
The racism charge is a party strategy, devised by Democrats and the liberal media. It worked by helping to fuel black anger and resentment, and Obama's vote-for-revenge comment just helped seal it.
 
Old 11-08-2012, 04:39 PM
 
Location: Columbia MO
1,686 posts, read 1,854,847 times
Reputation: 2023
I didn't vote for him but I felt bad for him Tuesday night during his concession speech, at the same time admiring his restraint and his conciliatory, patriotic message (one that many here should pay more heed to).
 
Old 11-08-2012, 04:53 PM
 
Location: On the border of off the grid
3,180 posts, read 2,670,156 times
Reputation: 862
This election reminds me of a science teacher hiring committee I sat on. I was the only female and representing children with special needs, both ends of the spectrum. My choice for the position was a Cornell grad, double certified in Earth Science and Bio. She was professionally dressed, knowledgeable and I guess what you would call nerdy. THEIR choice, was an Ally McBeal mini-skirt wearing C.W. Post grad, with green fingernails and a bubbly personality. It didn't matter to them that she had only one cert and that she answered questions about SE rather poorly, Ms. Bubbly McBeal got the job as I was over-ruled.
 
Old 11-08-2012, 04:56 PM
 
Location: On the border of off the grid
3,180 posts, read 2,670,156 times
Reputation: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I would have felt bad for him if he had ran a race based on principles and stood by them. The Neocons and Tea Potty crowd had him cowtowing to them with policies that are detrimental to the nation as a whole. Kind iof ties in with the hypocrisy of wanting to be the head of a nation that you do your best to not reinvest in. So, no I cannot feel bad for him. Maybe he's learned a lesson in karma. He lusted after something without pursuing it with integrity, respect and honesty.
Yes, it was so honest and refreshing to watch the Obama campaign fulfill their "Kill Romney" agenda.
 
Old 11-08-2012, 05:21 PM
 
Location: FL
15,643 posts, read 8,758,109 times
Reputation: 3771
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
I think his off shore bank accounts and several homes and half a billion dollars will comfort him. He only wanted the presidency as a feather in his cap, to do what daddy could not now son could not. LOL Hes a spoiled little rich boy.

Exactly! He has been trying for years and you would have thought that he would have had a plan that he could explain. He ran a lousy campaign and there just wasn't enough votes for "anyone but Obama". His ego was hurt, big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:23 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top