U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Yes 57 26.15%
Nope 161 73.85%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 09:07 AM

21,867 posts, read 21,991,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
Actually I feel for John Huntsman. He was the better choice all along, but now will be tagged with a "Mormons can't win" label.
Don't worry about Jon. True, he would have been a much better choice, but given that Romney did as well as he did, I think people are slowly moving past their prejudices. Besides, Huntsman is not as devout a Mormon as Romney is, and seems to be a much more likeable person than Romney. Romney's run may have actually been a good thing for Huntsman. Look at it this way: Now Huntsman can run in 2016 instead of having to wait until 2020. Let's just hope he does.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:08 AM

1,371 posts, read 1,996,389 times
Generally, regardless of political position (unless I truly can't respect the candidate as a person) I feel a little for candidates and their campaign organizers after a loss. There's a lot of time, energy and effort spent on campaigning and then on election day, it's all out of your hands. I imagine losing an election is a bit like being romantically rejected..you put yourself out there and hope they'll say yes.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:09 AM

21,867 posts, read 21,991,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
This election was extremely close as far in regards to the popular. This man tried many times to run for president, but this year was by far his most successful year. When he started making his speech, I felt so bad for him. His puffy eyes and seemingly red face just spoke a thousand words. There was no doubt that he was crying over his lose.

Romney is one of the few Republicans I like. My heart goes out to him.
I actually voted for Obama, but I did feel bad for Romney. I actually usually feel kind of bad for the loser. That's a lot of time, energy and money to put into something and get nothing to show for it. Had Obama lost, I'd have felt sorry for him, too. I guess I'm just kind of a mushy person that way.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:14 AM

25,787 posts, read 38,999,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
This election was extremely close as far in regards to the popular. This man tried many times to run for president, but this year was by far his most successful year. When he started making his speech, I felt so bad for him. His puffy eyes and seemingly red face just spoke a thousand words. There was no doubt that he was crying over his lose.

Romney is one of the few Republicans I like. My heart goes out to him.
He is a great man an he will be missed and we are stuck with 4 more years of wasting our money...but Dem. got what they voted for and we have to live with that, so have they and overall they need the Rep. more than we need the Dem. when it comes to money ...too bad, this Rep. is not opening my wallet for them anymore!

Let Jay Z, etc. take care of them!

Old 11-07-2012, 09:15 AM

25,787 posts, read 38,999,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Don't worry about Jon. True, he would have been a much better choice, but given that Romney did as well as he did, I think people are slowly moving past their prejudices. Besides, Huntsman is not as devout a Mormon as Romney is, and seems to be a much more likeable person than Romney. Romney's run may have actually been a good thing for Huntsman. Look at it this way: Now Huntsman can run in 2016 instead of having to wait until 2020. Let's just hope he does.
I will never vote for Huntsman!....

Old 11-07-2012, 09:25 AM

32,532 posts, read 30,541,997 times
I felt badly for all the grandchildren last night. You could see the disappointment in their faces. But credit goes to their parents for them all handling it so well.

Mitt? No I don't feel sorry for him. He's the one who chose to run. He's an extremely wealthy man. His life isn't ruined. He lost the chance at a new job that would have given him an immense amount of power. That's all. He's got his family and his friends and..... he'll carry on. Just not as President.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:30 AM

1,370 posts, read 1,986,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Nah. Mitt's all done.
Karl Rove is crying bitter tears, though; he collected multi-millions, and returned nothing for all that money. The neo-cons are finally finished off at last. If I was one of those rich guys that got sweet-talked, I'd be looking to carve off a hunk from the marshmallow man and be roasting it over the campfire about now.
Ouch!!!!!!

I don't feel remotely sorry for Mittens.

And I'd wager Ann is hugely relieved that he didn't win too.

They can get back to doing whatever they were doing before and hopefully that's the last we'll hear of them.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:34 AM

185 posts, read 263,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I don't feel bad for a man who continually changed his position to appeal to his current audience. He is not an honest man.
This. It reminds me of a quote from Hunter Thompson in Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail where he said:

"The ego is the crucial factor here. A man on the scent of the White House is rarely rational. He is more like a beast in heat: a bull elk in the rut, crashing blindly through the timber in a fever for something to f**k. Anything! A cow, a calf, a mare--any flesh and blood beast with a hole in it. The bull elk is a very crafty animal for about fifty weeks of the year; his senses are so sharp that only an artful stalker can get within a thousand yards of him... but when the rut comes on, in the autumn, any geek with the sense to blow an elk-whistle can lure a bull elk right up to his car in ten minutes if he can drive within hearing range.
The dumb bastards lose all control of themselves when the rut comes on. Their eyes glaze over, their ears pack up with hot wax, and their loins get heavy with blood. Anything that sounds like a cow elk in heat will fuse the central nervous system of every bull on the mountain. They will race through the timber like huge cannonballs, trampling small trees and scraping off bloody chunks of their own hair on the unyielding bark of the big ones. They behave like sharks in a feeding frenzy, attacking each other with all the demented violence of human drug dealers gone mad on their own wares.
A career politician finally smelling the White House is not much different from a bull elk in the rut. He will stop at nothing, trashing anything that gets in his way; and anything he can't handle personally he will hire out--or, failing that, make a deal. It is a difficult syndrome for most people to understand, because few of us ever come close to the kind of Ultimate Power and Achievement that the White House represents to a career politician."

Old 11-07-2012, 09:46 AM

10,477 posts, read 6,174,699 times
I do feel a bit sorry for Mr. Romney. He seems like a very decent man (as I have stated elsewhere, I would have easily accepted him as President should he have won). It is just my nature: I hate to see decent, well meaning people 'lose'.

Mind, if the Republican nominee had been, for instance, Newt, I would not have felt bad in the least. Nor for Trump, Bachmann, Palin, Perry, and the rest of the Gang of Nuts who tossed (or talked about tossing) their flaming hats into the ring (Mr. Huntsman, of course, excepted).

Old 11-07-2012, 09:50 AM

24,757 posts, read 33,863,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Shame on Mitt Romney and the Republican party. I am savoring this beatdown far more than that of McCain in '08. Romney is a despicable, ignorant, pompus rich man. He doesn't give a damn about people in this country, and is only concerned with making people like himself richer. He was out of his league from the beginning, waging a regressive campaign like a snake oil salesman. I pity him and his ilk. He represents the most racially-insensitive, bigoted segment of our society. His wife was a shameful representation of a woman, an arrogant, pompous woman who probably never looked at a black or hispanic person as an equal. I stopped listening to Romney before the RNC. The principles he stood for were more popular during Slavery times. Hopefully he disappears. This race was never close.

To think that BILLIONAIRES, supported by that shameful SC ruling in Citizen's United, dumped nearly a BILLION dollars supporting this pathetic goon, is a reflection of the sorry nature of a party which no longer deserves to exist.

Feel sorry for Mitt? Absolutely not. I pity the fool and his stupid party.

Enjoy President Obama's second term.
+1000!

Mitt, Karl Rove and Mitch McConnell each got a down home ass-whipping. Couldn't have happened to three nicer guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or