Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Yes 57 26.15%
Nope 161 73.85%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 02:07 AM

26,777 posts, read 15,016,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I actually feel sorrier for Obama because he's inherited quite a mess -- his own big mess. And unlike Romney, Obama has simply no clue how to fix the economy, he has no clue about businesses that create jobs.

Some things that Americans will find unpleseant were set to come into effect after the Elections.
Well, he'll have to be there to answer for it now.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:33 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,160,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Shame on Mitt Romney and the Republican party. I am savoring this beatdown far more than that of McCain in '08. Romney is a despicable, ignorant, pompus rich man. He doesn't give a damn about people in this country, and is only concerned with making people like himself richer. He was out of his league from the beginning, waging a regressive campaign like a snake oil salesman. I pity him and his ilk. He represents the most racially-insensitive, bigoted segment of our society. His wife was a shameful representation of a woman, an arrogant, pompous woman who probably never looked at a black or hispanic person as an equal. I stopped listening to Romney before the RNC. The principles he stood for were more popular during Slavery times. Hopefully he disappears. This race was never close.

To think that BILLIONAIRES, supported by that shameful SC ruling in Citizen's United, dumped nearly a BILLION dollars supporting this pathetic goon, is a reflection of the sorry nature of a party which no longer deserves to exist.

Feel sorry for Mitt? Absolutely not. I pity the fool and his stupid party.

Enjoy President Obama's second term.
I certainly know who I feel bad for.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:43 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,661,056 times
I don't feel bad for a man who continually changed his position to appeal to his current audience. He is not an honest man.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:47 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,661,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Nah. Mitt's all done.
Karl Rove is crying bitter tears, though; he collected multi-millions, and returned nothing for all that money. The neo-cons are finally finished off at last. If I was one of those rich guys that got sweet-talked, I'd be looking to carve off a hunk from the marshmallow man and be roasting it over the campfire about now.
At least we got some of the money, these rich guys have been hoarding, back into the economy.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:54 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,203,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
This election was extremely close as far in regards to the popular. This man tried many times to run for president, but this year was by far his most successful year. When he started making his speech, I felt so bad for him. His puffy eyes and seemingly red face just spoke a thousand words. There was no doubt that he was crying over his lose.

Romney is one of the few Republicans I like. My heart goes out to him.
NO, but I won't take part in your poll.

I feel for the "R" party though, because they lack the representatives who are supposed to be representing the people of America interests. When they stop serving their own agendas and begin representing the reasons they are in Washington for, they might come full circle.

I also feel the Romney pick was a wild card, and he didn't represent his party as a true republican. But it's all they could come up with.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:49 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,284,315 times
Why? He ran a bad campaign in which he changed positions like changing clothes, and lost against a president where winning should have been a layup.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:01 AM

23,152 posts, read 26,038,809 times
Too many people can't understand the "teach a man to fish....." concept and Romney didn't do a thing to help them understand it and too many have no desire to do their own fishing anyway.
He alienated women.
IOW, he didn't lie enough to get elected in todays America.
Rather than feel sorry for him, I feel sorry for the future of the country

Old 11-07-2012, 06:06 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,951,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
This election was extremely close as far in regards to the popular. This man tried many times to run for president, but this year was by far his most successful year. When he started making his speech, I felt so bad for him. His puffy eyes and seemingly red face just spoke a thousand words. There was no doubt that he was crying over his lose.

Romney is one of the few Republicans I like. My heart goes out to him.
Nope, not in the least. He got what he deserved. Mittens and his supporters have been insufferable and they did all they could to alienate all the Ron Paul supporters and libertarian leaning people from the party. Guess what, I know I said I would never vote for a major party candidate but I voted for President Obama because at least with him there's a better chance more people from my generation won't die in anymore wars, women will continue to have choice in America, and perhaps the GOP will do some badly needed soul searching. Granted I could have written in Ron Paul but I wanted to vote directly AGAINST the current GOP regime and vote directly against Mitt Romney. I'll never forget your GOP convention shenanigans Mittens. I hope Mitt Romney cried last night.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:07 AM

24,451 posts, read 33,116,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Enjoy President Obama's second term.
"Enjoy" an eventual $22-$24 trillion national debt.

I'll just ignore the rest of your rant.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:10 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,382,393 times
Not at all..

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections