Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Yes 57 26.15%
Nope 161 73.85%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 10:37 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I don't feel bad for Mitt. I feel heartbroken for the United States of America and the US Constitution.

This man will appoint up to 3 Supreme Court Justices!
Inshallah.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:39 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I can't feel bad for Mitt. He ran a soft race and that is what being nice gets you. The GOP can go to hell as far as I am concerned and will vote independant from now on. Obama won, the people spoke loud and clear so let us get behind him for better or for worse and solve some issues. I do hope he does listen to others in the next 4 years and I believe he will try and bring jobs back.
Soft race? Nice?

What race were you watching this past year?

Old 11-07-2012, 10:42 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,732 times
No, I use to like Mitt, but that was before he sold out to the teabaggers.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:43 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,130 times
I felt bad for him...it was pretty obvious he had been crying earlier in the night. His eyes were red and wet. He obviously had a tough night.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:49 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,576,909 times
no. he can now live a life of luxury most of us will never have

Old 11-07-2012, 10:54 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,946,145 times
Don't feel bad for him at all. In fact, had he won, it would have made me lose all my belief in the power of karma. Mitt ran a dirty primary campaign, culminating in a shocking display of ignorance and disrespect at the convention to Dr. Paul and his delegates (the ones that Mitt didn't disinfranchise). His history of putting people out of work without pensions and severance while he made millions had to catch up with him sooner or later. To top it all off, he was a bold-faced liar. Thank God he didn't win, and if he's feeling badly about it, boo hoo. Paybacks a b**ch.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:10 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,969,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Don't feel bad for him at all. In fact, had he won, it would have made me lose all my belief in the power of karma. Mitt ran a dirty primary campaign, culminating in a shocking display of ignorance and disrespect at the convention to Dr. Paul and his delegates (the ones that Mitt didn't disinfranchise).
^^^^THIS.

Plus, I didn't appreciate him telling me during the Republican Primaries that he's for big tax cuts and getting me to believe that, then turning around in the general election and telling me that if I'm expecting a tax cut from him- DON'T because he's going to cut my deductions. Slick Trickster.

I didn't appreciate him telling me that Obamacare was horrendous and needed to be scrapped, and then just when I believed he would scrap it, tell me in a debate that well, actually, he agrees with a lot of it and plans to keep the things he agrees with. Slick Trickster.

I also didn't appreciate him trying to confuse me with the difference between government loans to auto makers and government-guaranteed private bank loans to auto makers. No banks WOULD lend to the auto makers, yet he tried to make me believe that him still standing by his bank-loans-only philosophy was him standing up for government saving the auto industry, as if I'm too stupid to understand that government guarantees of bank loans that banks actually refuse to make is still loans banks refuse to make and would still have meant the industry folding due to no access to any loan money. Slick Trickster.

Mitt tried to trick me WAY too much for me to feel sorry for him losing, and losing in an electoral college landslide. Add that to your excellent points about his dirty campaign and horrible treatment of Paul (whom I voted for in the primary) and not only did I not feel sorry for him, I DANCED when I found out last night that he had been defeated.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:15 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
This election was extremely close as far in regards to the popular. This man tried many times to run for president, but this year was by far his most successful year. When he started making his speech, I felt so bad for him. His puffy eyes and seemingly red face just spoke a thousand words. There was no doubt that he was crying over his lose.

Romney is one of the few Republicans I like. My heart goes out to him.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. ________Harry S. Truman

A wise man that Harry

Old 11-07-2012, 12:36 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,129,967 times
I felt a little bad for Romney in that if race was not a factor, I'm sure he would have won. Obama would have pulled in 20 or 30% of the vote even if Obama had been the worst president ever. I do think Romney might have done better stimulating economy over the next 4 years, but the economy has been getting better anyway. If that were not the case, then Romney would have won.

Romney should have abandoned the tax cuts for the rich thing early on. I was rather peed off when Bush gave them a 2% cut to begin with, in the face of massive defecits. The tax cuts for the rich idea turns me off even more now, at some point taxes will have to be raised and a bunch of stuff will have to be cut if were ever going to get the defecit under control. However, I do think Romney should have been on board for the auto bailout in 08, jeez, even Reagan bailed out Chrysler back in 81, bad call Mitt.

I watched all the debates, #1 got me interested in Romney, but #3 about foreign policy was a negative for me. Obama mentioned that Romney wanted more money for the military than they were asking for, and Romey did not have a good comeback for that. Romey seemed a bit Bush like in his attitude about Iran and what he might want to do about it.......could be very costly. Obama has had a somewhat lukewarm relationship with Isreal and that suits me fine, not cold, but lukewarm seems about right, let Israel engage Iran if they want to. Also I thought Obama, having 4 years experience as president, seemed to have better knowledge of foreign matters than Romney, and it showed in that debate.

As for Obamacare, I think it is helping people, IMO, and I am for universal healthcare, but Romney invented Obamacare so I was not too worried about Romney dismanteling it, but it was a concern. One thing Romney did not flip on that attracted me greatly was his stronger than any other president in history stand on border security and the illegal immigration problem. This is what had me flipping a coin outside the polls as to who I was going to vote for.

One thing about Obama that impressed me a bit was that he appears to like Iowa and seems genuinely grateful to Iowa, his secretary of ag Vilsac is from Iowa and his economic policy has benefitted Iowa to a small degree. He chose to make Des Moines his last campaign stop, with a tear in his eye. I liked that.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:50 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
This election was extremely close as far in regards to the popular. This man tried many times to run for president, but this year was by far his most successful year. When he started making his speech, I felt so bad for him. His puffy eyes and seemingly red face just spoke a thousand words. There was no doubt that he was crying over his lose.

Romney is one of the few Republicans I like. My heart goes out to him.
actully I really did not like him as a person. I am sure he is very nice, but I do think he has a problem with understanding the little guy. That being said, yes, of course, anyone who doesn't feel sorry for the loser is a loser themselves and I still think, when it comes to the economy he would have been a better choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections