Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Yes 57 26.15%
Nope 161 73.85%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 02:15 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,373,819 times

Advertisements

Not in the least.

He ran without having a vision or a plan other than to serve his own ego. I was angry every time I heard him insist he "knows what it takes to get the economy going." If he did then why didn't he deliver on that same promise as governor of Mass? Instead he holed up in his office, vetoed about 700 out of 800 bills that were before him (almost all of which the mass legislature overrode) and then towards the end of his governorship ignored the needs of his state to stoke his presidential run. About the only good thing he accomplished in Mass was "Romneycare" and that is something that Ted Kennedy deserves the credit for.

Good riddance! Mass is doing much better economically now that he is gone.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:25 PM

677 posts, read 933,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Shame on Mitt Romney and the Republican party. I am savoring this beatdown far more than that of McCain in '08. Romney is a despicable, ignorant, pompus rich man. He doesn't give a damn about people in this country, and is only concerned with making people like himself richer. He was out of his league from the beginning, waging a regressive campaign like a snake oil salesman. I pity him and his ilk. He represents the most racially-insensitive, bigoted segment of our society. His wife was a shameful representation of a woman, an arrogant, pompous woman who probably never looked at a black or hispanic person as an equal. I stopped listening to Romney before the RNC. The principles he stood for were more popular during Slavery times. Hopefully he disappears. This race was never close.

To think that BILLIONAIRES, supported by that shameful SC ruling in Citizen's United, dumped nearly a BILLION dollars supporting this pathetic goon, is a reflection of the sorry nature of a party which no longer deserves to exist.

Feel sorry for Mitt? Absolutely not. I pity the fool and his stupid party.

Enjoy President Obama's second term.

CD wouldn't allow me to rep you but I want you to know I give you a Standing Ovation!!!!!!

Old 11-07-2012, 02:32 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Shame on Mitt Romney and the Republican party. I am savoring this beatdown far more than that of McCain in '08. Romney is a despicable, ignorant, pompus rich man. He doesn't give a damn about people in this country, and is only concerned with making people like himself richer. He was out of his league from the beginning, waging a regressive campaign like a snake oil salesman. I pity him and his ilk. He represents the most racially-insensitive, bigoted segment of our society. His wife was a shameful representation of a woman, an arrogant, pompous woman who probably never looked at a black or hispanic person as an equal. I stopped listening to Romney before the RNC. The principles he stood for were more popular during Slavery times. Hopefully he disappears. This race was never close.

To think that BILLIONAIRES, supported by that shameful SC ruling in Citizen's United, dumped nearly a BILLION dollars supporting this pathetic goon, is a reflection of the sorry nature of a party which no longer deserves to exist.

Feel sorry for Mitt? Absolutely not. I pity the fool and his stupid party.

Enjoy President Obama's second term.
I'll ignore your harsh and inaccurate assessment of Romney and his wife, and the Republican party, and I'll let the last 4 years of Obama in office speak for him. The economy, high gas prices, high unemployment, Operation Fast & Furious, Solyndra, and other items related to Obama's failed foreign policy, which is lacking, makes me wonder what Obama supporters see in him.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:50 PM

357 posts, read 1,018,849 times
not Mitt, i feel sorry for younger American would not have a chance to help build "working" for the country. thinking that government will provided all needed to become successful making a lot of money by not growing or building anythings for living.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:54 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Yes, I did feel sorry for him - though I didn't vote for him. I'm sure concession speeches aren't easy - after all the work; the money; the hopes and dreams . . PLUS all those people who were counting on you to win ~ it has to be hard like a punch in the gut.

And when he walked off the stage - I felt like he was just flat out walking out of the spotlight for good.

But, hey, he seems like he has a great life to me so my sympathy was short-lived.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:54 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I'll ignore your harsh and inaccurate assessment of Romney and his wife, and the Republican party, and I'll let the last 4 years of Obama in office speak for him. The economy, high gas prices, high unemployment, Operation Fast & Furious, Solyndra, and other items related to Obama's failed foreign policy, which is lacking, makes me wonder what Obama supporters see in him.
A great leader!

Old 11-08-2012, 09:07 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I couldn't agree with you more! I am also very proud of my SC state. I also love that the republicans maintained control of the house and out in place even more republican governors.

The successful will pay the price for this election. I just wonder where the left think they are going to get money to pay for their entitlements when the successful are finally out under??
It'll come from higher taxes, fees, creative ways the Dems find to redistribute fairly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
we gave it our all, we're just outnumbered. People will continue to vote for Obama based on popularity, celebrity status, revenge, etc. I'm stunned that they have no idea what they're getting themselves into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Mittens is a crap person who says/does anything necessary to get what he wants. The ideas to get the economy moving...are what put the economy in the crapper in the first place. Mittens ran a negative, slanderous, contemptuous and negative campaign where he questioned his faith, his leadership, his judgement and called him a liar.
The country won today. Mittens, Wall Street, and the extreme RWNJ's lost. America 1. Extremists 0.
No, the left won, but the country lost big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Arresmillao View Post
He ran with lies and BS, did not deserve such high prize....
Neither did Obama when he was presented with the peace prize.

Above are some representative samples of the kind of people who support Obama. Blind, and never seeing that Obama ran an ugly, negative, divisive and deceptive campaign. He appealed to the baser side of his supporters. He knew what he was doing. And all you hateful gloaters are proving the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Yes, we can let the last 4 years be a testimony to Obama.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:13 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
I don't feel bad for Romney, because every candidate goes into it knowing they could lose and I'm sure he had prepared himself for that. I'm sure he was disappointed, but he ran a good campaign and he was the better candidate and he knows that.

I do feel bad for our country, though, because WE are the ones who really lost.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:48 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I don't feel bad for Romney, because every candidate goes into it knowing they could lose and I'm sure he had prepared himself for that. I'm sure he was disappointed, but he ran a good campaign and he was the better candidate and he knows that.

I do feel bad for our country, though, because WE are the ones who really lost.

Translation: If White people aren't in control then nothing is as it should be.

If Barack Obama had white skin, we wouldn't be having all of these absurd gloom amd doom rants.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:51 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Translation: If White people aren't in control then nothing is as it should be.

If Barack Obama had white skin, we wouldn't be having all of these absurd gloom amd doom rants.
See, here is more racist crap! I am about the furthest thing from a racist that there is. I've had black friends my entire life. I have nothing at all against Obama's skin color. I disagree with his politics. It wouldn't matter what color he was, I wouldn't want him for president. He is taking our country downhill; that is the problem I have with him. We are going in the wrong direction. And I for one am getting sick and tired of being called a RACIST because I don't agree with Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections