U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 02:05 AM

9,779 posts, read 13,363,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Christianity will be banned. Liberals today say that's tinfoil stuff, but I promise you, check back in 30 years and Christianity will be either completely illegal or driven underground.

Meanwhile, every city will have a "sex forum" like the ancient Greeks did, a place in town where everybody can go have free public sex with whomever they want, even children, no laws whatsoever.
... yeah, about that tinfoil hat...

Old 11-07-2012, 02:32 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,429,467 times
I live in a blue state, and I am surrounded on all sides by social and fiscal conservatives. I mean, where I live, not being a Christian who supports traditional marriage definitely puts you in the minority. We have an ultra-conservative congressman who just won reelection and gay marriage is banned in our state constitution.

I think what a lot of people don't realize is that there is a very large group of Americans who are social conservatives but still believe that the blue party is the party for the "little guy" and vote that ahead of their personal value system. States like Michigan and Ohio exemplify this thought process.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:38 AM

16,437 posts, read 19,145,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Christianity will be banned. Liberals today say that's tinfoil stuff, but I promise you, check back in 30 years and Christianity will be either completely illegal or driven underground.

Meanwhile, every city will have a "sex forum" like the ancient Greeks did, a place in town where everybody can go have free public sex with whomever they want, even children, no laws whatsoever.
Complete with vomitoriums...

Old 11-07-2012, 03:07 AM

7,248 posts, read 6,671,081 times
Crawl out from under your rock and look at reality instead of staying in your know nothing bubble and then it wouldn't be amazing to you.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:25 AM

22,896 posts, read 16,281,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
When you expose children in school to what is the domain of the parent and at least partially butt in and take the place of parenting you could expect nothing but.

It's been a couple of decades now where that push has really been amplified.

That plays a major part in that.
It also keeps the mindset of the country from forming naturally in to what it would be if left to each family as it should be.

Government does not know it's place and has stepped over the line.
They are to educate a child, not raise them.

MAkes it harder on a parent to instill their family values and outlook.
Absolutely amazing to me how many people are put out by children learning that all people are created equal.
I agree it does make it harder for parents to instill their own particular bigotry in their children.
Ain't it cool?

Old 11-07-2012, 06:42 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,318,856 times
I am not surprised at all...this is human evolution in action. I am sure many people felt the same back in the 60's or the 20's etc.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:50 AM

9,605 posts, read 14,665,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuch View Post
Me too. Founding fathers probably flipping over in their graves.

Oh well guess more of money goes to handout generation.
You think people that thought it was okay to force people to wait on them hand and foot would be upset over a little weed? Really?

Old 11-07-2012, 06:51 AM

10,115 posts, read 6,996,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
A supposed "moderate" Republican lost an election to the supposed most hated President in history, with 9% unemployment because he was inconsistent and pandered to the religious right. Several Tea Party members lost their congressional seats because they are raving lunatics pushing social conservatism and religious extremism. After 33 consecutive failures of States to vote for same-sex marriage, 2 States passed it by popular vote, and a 3rd probably will next week. 2 states legalized a recreational drug.

This election was a pretty strong attack on social conservatism and religious extremism.
This . The truth is that the R's had moderates quietly crossing over to vote D this round because of that extremism. The ball is in the R court--adapt and ditch the teavangelicals, or die.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:51 AM

15,736 posts, read 9,257,235 times
Quote:
Scandinavia, Germany, Switzerland, etc. are doing quite well.
All tiny countries. No comparison.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:53 AM

15,736 posts, read 9,257,235 times
Quote:
Children should not be exposed to religious extremism or stone age viewpoints like the Earth being 6000 years old. It's child abuse.

If you want to continue to teach children archaic beliefs and hateful viewpoints, you will be forced to move to Africa or the Middle East.

If you want to instill positive religious values, start with the Sermon on the Mount. Conservatives don't actually know what it is, seeing as they prefer Leviticus or the out of context writings of Paul, but it's a good first step to learn.
Proving the point, perfectly. True freedom doesn't exist anymore for liberals. It seems that you are only free to practice what THEY preach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or