U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 07:49 AM

9,150 posts, read 16,527,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Loser - Anybody who believes in a higher power.
Romans 13:1-5

Old 11-07-2012, 07:51 AM

9,150 posts, read 16,527,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
The biggest loser is the American people.
This was a foregone conclusion regardless of which candidate had won.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:55 AM

121 posts, read 132,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
This was a foregone conclusion regardless of which candidate had won.
If you want to really go into detail America has been the loser ever since the late 80's when big (mostly republican!) industries decided to shift production overseas to exploit cheap labor. Then start colluding with banks to offer up cheap credit and manipulated commodities markets so Americans can spend themselves into debt oblivion.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:55 AM

15,711 posts, read 9,188,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Yet another confirmation that its stench is unmatched.

The billionaires who supported Romney's failed run support the notion that money can't buy common sense, good judgment and instincts, or wisdom. What a bunch of dumb, rich goons. The country was cursed with their deceptive marketing for too long.
I see a win hasn't dampened the hateful rhetoric. Good to know some things will never change.

Way to come together as a country. More divide and namecalling.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:56 AM

4,834 posts, read 4,801,837 times
The American people in the long run.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:25 AM

3,113 posts, read 2,511,167 times
The people who signed the front of Karl Rove's checks!

The actress who played the annoyingly self-absorbed woman in the Karl Rove ad that was supposed to bridge the gender gap.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:33 AM

7,342 posts, read 7,110,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

This is where we come to the part, where I say "We can agree to disagree"
You disagree with proven facts? Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

I'm not an I told you so person, so I'll just let time do what time does best - tell the truth
There's no need to wait; we already know based on past evidence of recession recoveries, as well as current conditions in OECD countries that are suffering under the severe austerity the Republican Party is advocating.

Austerity is dangerous fiscal policy. It not only doesn't work to improve the economy, it worsens it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Now that Obama is a lame Duck and has no more elections to run. We'll see more of his true colors.

Is he a man of leadership and compromise ?
He's always been a man of leadership and compromise; health care reform being his greatest example. His party wanted Single Payer, or, short of that, a "Public Option" people could buy into. But instead of doing what his party wanted, knowing it would never pass muster with Republicans even though he had a big enough majority to pass it without them, he elected to present them with their own health care plan that was first put forward by the conservative Heritage Foundation and later implemented by Republican Governor Mitt Romney. And instead of saying, "Thank you for working with us and giving us a chance to show how well our own policies work," the craven Republicans fought their own policy all the way to the Supreme Court.

And lost.

The DREAM Act? Orrin Hatch introduced that in 2003.
Cap & Trade? Republican idea, too, and also implemented by Mitt Romney in Massachusetts.

So stop this absurd lie that President Obama hasn't been willing to compromise. It's absurd on its face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortendnight View Post

People like me who provide jobs to middle to low class people in a large city! Now Mr.Obama thinks I'm rich now which means don't apply for a job now because I can't afford to hire you now.
You might be a person who hires people, but you are not the one who "creates" those jobs you need to fill middle class consumers do, if they have money in their pockets to spend.

You have Republicans who continue to fight against minimum wages, write tax law that favors paying higher and higher salaries and compensation packages to CEOs and other high executives instead of favoring higher wages for workers, and major corporations like Walmart who keep their workers poor, to thank for your lack of need to hire more people.

Also? I'm laughing myself silly at the idea that if and when your business picks up and you need another employee to pick up the slack, that you'll cut your nose off to spite your face and not hire someone because ... Barack Obama.

Please. If you're a capitalist, you'll hire exactly as many people as you need period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Mann View Post

Maybe they will get their way for a few years when they support GAY Marriage, and eventually there will be more gay than traditional and the world population will soon die off because there will be NO more offspring to populate the planet.

I doubt God or whomever you believe is a higher power and creator created this world so it can deplete itself with marriages that CAN NOT reproduce just so they feel equal!!!!
Good we're overpopulating the planet as it is.

P.S. Many male/female married couples don't or can't procreate, either. Guess they suck, too, huh?

Old 11-07-2012, 09:46 AM

10,133 posts, read 6,445,626 times
Who was the biggest loser during this election?

The country as a whole. We are all the losers. You will find out over the next four years.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:47 AM

10,963 posts, read 8,025,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The far right religious fringe of the Republican party. I believe the tail that wagged the dog for so long was amputated tonight at last.
it must hurt like hell, but the infection can spread no longer. I hope the Republican party is not permanently crippled from the infection.
I don't think the Republican Party is ready to separate from the religious fringe and the far right. Both factions have tremendous traction in the South an the upper Rocky Mountain states. Their problem is their base doesn't allow them to reach out to other constituents. That works fine on a regional basis but it's becoming less and less effective in winning national elections.

Since 1964 Republicans have relied on the "Southern Strategy" as the basis for winning presidential elections. The last two elections have shown that strategy is no longer viable to win the presidency. Future demographic trends in places like Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Texas and Georgia will render the "Southern Strategy" completely null and void by 2024 or 2028.

The Republican Party has two choices either double down on the culture war issues like religion, abortion, gay marriage and other social issues, and continue to alienate sectors of the population that are growing faster than their current base or begin a gradual shift to becoming a more moderate party. Frankly I don't see them becoming more moderate. The far right and the religious fringe have too much power and basically are holding the Republican Party hostage to the type of changes they need to gain broader appeal.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:59 AM

19,405 posts, read 17,633,356 times
Conservatives and rednecks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or