Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 05:59 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,533,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwharries2001 View Post
I've been discussing this topic for three years. There is some talk of revitalizing the several Texas Secession movements and using that as a core for a new constitutional Republic. There has been talk of Belize and a couple other sparsely populated nations where the possibility of negotiating a place for us with a certain degree of autonomy and a guarentee of our inalienable rights exists. Of course it would require money and so a lot of assets would have to be liquidated state side first but there is fear that the value of those assets may quickly decline and the government may move to sieze the assets if a mass exodus begins.

It really is a dilemna. We can not live here and remain free men and there are few other constitutional Republics left, none with the power and grandeur of the former American republic. The only other option is civil and then armed resistance. I would advocate either except a foreign power did not impose this tyranny on us. It was our neighbors and friends that chose to do this to us. I really don;t have the heart to take up arms against them. I and many others just want to part company with them and pursue our lives, liberty and happiness as is our natural burthright.
Enough talk, just friggin secede already. You can have texas and the south. Just GTFO no one will stop you this time.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:02 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
I'm thinking we could trade places with Mexicans. Bring them all here and we go there.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:07 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,255,215 times
Fun post! Here's an honest response from an Evangelical Christian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubamaniac View Post
I have a suggestion.

I found a wonderful country for you all that..

Outlaws homosexuality of any type
Nice try, but I have no desire to make homosexuality illegal.

Quote:
Requires prayer multiple times a day and has religious/moral police to enforce social standards
Sorry, I prefer to pray when and where I want. And I really don't care whether or not you want to pray. Just don't get all bent out of shape if I choose to pray where you can see me.

Quote:
Separates seating areas for men and women to ensure no sin takes place.
Go news for ya, most of us backward hillbillies realize that sin between men and women doesn't happen in "seating areas."

Quote:
Has separate family friendly areas in restaurants
So I can go out for a nice, quiet meal without having it ruined by a table full of screaming kids? Maybe I'm missing something, but I really don't see this as a liberal/conservative issue; it just seems like a great idea.

Quote:
Stealing is punished with an eye for an eye retribution.
In other words, if someone steals my TV they have to buy me a new TV. Am I missing something? Because it actually seems like that's the way it should work.

Quote:
Adultery and sexual deviancy is a potential death penalty
Adultery is a potential death penalty in this country if the husband comes home while the adultery is being committed.

Quote:
Consuming or selling drugs is an automatic death penalty
I would have voted "yes" on Prop 64 if I lived in Colorado.

Quote:
Stones adulterers to death
Didn't you already mention this one? I find redundancy a little annoying, but regardless I'll refer you to John 8 for my thoughts on the subject.

Quote:
Women require family chaperons at all times to prevent sin from occurring
A sin is a sin, whether it be lust or fornication. No chaperon can prevent sin from occurring.

Quote:
The religious law is the highest order of the land.
It's the highest order I personally follow; but after salvation through the sacrifice of Christ I firmly believe that free will is the greatest gift God has given us. It's the fact that my Faith is a personal choice rather than a requirement of citizenship that makes it so great.

Quote:
Evolution in academia is frowned upon.
I can prove evolution happens within a matter of minutes using dozens of species of flora and fauna as examples. What can be proven should be taught; but what is only assumed should only be suggested, and then only if all theories are included in the discussion as well.

Quote:
"Deviant" Hollywood media and nudity is strictly forbidden.
It's strictly forbidden in my house, you feel free to watch what you want. But if you show it to my minor children you are going to wish you had to answer to the authorities rather than me.

Quote:
Welcome to Saudi Arabia your new home. Now buy a plane ticket!
Sorry, I don't care for hot climates, so I believe I'll stay here where I can exercise my first amendment freedom. Now you may feel free to exercise yours and make fun of me, because that's what people like you do. If I were gay you'd call it bullying, but I understand that since I'm just a Christian its okay.

And I'm perfectly fine with that, because it only goes to show who is truly the more tolerant, open-minded individual here.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:09 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,456,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNRollRocks View Post
wonder if u.s. citizen can move to israel??
You can if you convert to Orthodox Judaism first.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:19 PM

I will pray to god everyday that you conservatives secede. Hope god answers my prayers.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:34 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,587,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
I will pray to god everyday that you conservatives secede. Hope god answers my prayers.
But I thought you lefties didn't believe in God and you hate people whom are religious??

Also, if we secede, where are you going to get your money for your entitlements? You are waning to tax the rich and all, right?

What a dumb as$ idiotic statement you made!

Old 11-08-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
But I thought you lefties didn't believe in God and you hate people whom are religious??

Also, if we secede, where are you going to get your money for your entitlements? You are waning to tax the rich and all, right?

What a dumb as$ idiotic statement you made!
No I just cant stand religious fundamentalists.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:51 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,587,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
No I just cant stand religious fundamentalists.
No problem! Just ignore them!!

No need to be nasty and demonize their beliefs if they are not Your own, just don't let them in your life.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:55 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwharries2001 View Post
I've been discussing this topic for three years. There is some talk of revitalizing the several Texas Secession movements and using that as a core for a new constitutional Republic. There has been talk of Belize and a couple other sparsely populated nations where the possibility of negotiating a place for us with a certain degree of autonomy and a guarentee of our inalienable rights exists. Of course it would require money and so a lot of assets would have to be liquidated state side first but there is fear that the value of those assets may quickly decline and the government may move to sieze the assets if a mass exodus begins.

It really is a dilemna. We can not live here and remain free men and there are few other constitutional Republics left, none with the power and grandeur of the former American republic. The only other option is civil and then armed resistance. I would advocate either except a foreign power did not impose this tyranny on us. It was our neighbors and friends that chose to do this to us. I really don;t have the heart to take up arms against them. I and many others just want to part company with them and pursue our lives, liberty and happiness as is our natural burthright.
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Don't let the door hit ya, buddy.

I hear there's lots of land in Somalia for ya. There are no gun laws, women can't do anything without permission from men. Sounds like it would be just your cuppa tea!

Buh-bye!

Old 11-08-2012, 06:56 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

I'm thinking we could trade places with Mexicans. Bring them all here and we go there.
You'd hate Mexico ... THEY HAVE UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections