U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 01:44 PM

4,127 posts, read 4,762,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I was wrong about who I thought would win the election.

I was right for voting for Romney.

Yep agreed...and now my other half received a lay off notice yesterday...the company cannot stay in business with Obamacare looming.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:19 PM

9,767 posts, read 13,310,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I heard him say that and I thought it was a stupid thing to say, seeing how he hasn't DONE anything. What comes now had darn well better not be WORSE than what we've already seen. Like I said before, I think we will be at war on our own soil within Obama's next four years because our military is weak and our president thinks he can win terrorists over by being nice to them. They will be in America doing to us - me and you and the others on this forum and the rest of the American people - what they did to Chris Stevens and the Navy Seals in Benghazi. I think it's coming.
... extrajudicial killings and drone strikes against suspected terrorists who are within the borders of a country that we are not at war ith is "being nice to them?"

Oh, boy.

Sorry, but, no. A lot of people said the same thing in '08: that this was going to lead to a revolution because our soldiers would refuse to follow orders from him. Hasn't happened; isn't going to happen. Also, please explain to me how, exactly, bands of thousands and thousands of terrorists will suddenly be able to get into the US and overpower the millions of people who live here; the police forces; our military; etc. and turn the mainland US into a war zone. Totally impossible. Quit being so melodramatic.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:21 PM

9,767 posts, read 13,310,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Yep agreed...and now my other half received a lay off notice yesterday...the company cannot stay in business with Obamacare looming.
What business was this?

Old 11-08-2012, 03:25 PM

46,054 posts, read 29,429,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
America: Death by Election.
We're all doomed! The end of the world is coming cause Obama won re-election!!

Old 11-08-2012, 04:09 PM

5,740 posts, read 5,849,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
If the company is out of business, it's because of management - nothing else. Obamacare has nothing to do with it as long as there is a desirable product and a market. This Obama-hate just knows no bounds.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:04 PM

8,192 posts, read 22,281,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I was wrong about one thing. Obama did not win with a thin electoral majority (though he looks like he won with a razor thin 51/49 type popular vote, hardly the American people embracing Obama openly) and the Dems kept the Senate. I originally forecast the GOP to take the Senate and the House, but Obama keeps the White House. Then I switched to undecided for the White House and Democrats to keep the Senate, GOP keeps House.

I just can't believe nothing has changed, it's still 99% the same people from 2010. What does that mean? To me, that means the people are uncertain for the future, and decided to stay the course without trying anything new because it seems to have worked out ok since 2010.

I'd also like to take a moment and remind the hardcore Romney supporters on C-D. I told you Romney was not going to win PA .
I understand the reasoning behind the electoral college, but I think the Election should be left to popular vote. I mean, Obama reached 270 electoral votes and was declared the winner rather early in the evening even though Romney had the majority of the popular vote at the time.

But...I have been posting that Obama was going to win the day that the GOP chose Romney as the Republican candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Boy was I wrong! I thought Americans were smarter than that.
Uh, they are. The GOP is simply behind the times and if they do not get with it they will lose more in the future, too. Heck, even moderate Republicans did not win in Blue states where, at least two that I know of, moderate Democrats won in Red states. Obama won because he got the minority vote; Hispanics, blacks, something like 90% of Asians (who are the fastest growing minority group in the U.S.), gays, women (although women comprise the majority of our population), and so on. That might not be a surprise to most of you but when you fail to realize that Obama won with "little" votes from white males you fail to realize the changing attitudes in America. I know that freaks some of you out, but there is no way that the GOP will last much longer if they cannot become more attractive to minorities. If Romney remained the moderate that he really is, and selected a moderate running mate, he may have likely won. Look at the sheer number of Ron Paul supporters from within the GOP, not to mention the many jaded Democrats who voted for Obama in 2008. Paul would have got their votes, too. I'm not suggesting that Ron Paul would have won, but if the GOP listened to the younger members of its own Party they would have had a heck-of-a-lot of a better chance by selecting a more winnable candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I was wrong about who I thought would win the election.

I was right for voting for Romney.
I was right about who I thought would win the election.

I was right for voting 3rd. Party.

Quote:
I heard him say that and I thought it was a stupid thing to say, seeing how he hasn't DONE anything. What comes now had darn well better not be WORSE than what we've already seen. Like I said before, I think we will be at war on our own soil within Obama's next four years because our military is weak and our president thinks he can win terrorists over by being nice to them. They will be in America doing to us - me and you and the others on this forum and the rest of the American people - what they did to Chris Stevens and the Navy Seals in Benghazi. I think it's coming.
Okay You do realize that Europe, including powerful countries like England, France, and Germany have seen way more terrorists activity than the U.S., and, it's not like terrorists stayed out of the U.S. because of any particular President. It is simply easier to access Europe when they want to "strike at the West". Obama "being nice to terrorists" is not going to open the flood gates and if you honestly think so, then I dunno, move to Canada if you want to feel safe.

And Obama has a very long list of accomplishments.

Quote:
I wasn't wrong. I thought Romney had a good chance of winning, and it was close. I just heard on the radio that 49% of the voters were under the age of 30. I think that had a lot to do with it.
I don't know if nearly half the voters were under the age of 30, but as I wrote above, the GOP needs to listen to its younger members if they want to continue into a viable future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Me too... can't believe 49% actually voted for Romney.
Well, I can. Our Nation's economy has been front page news for the last four years at the least. Seeing as how Obama could not do what no President could have done, magically fix the economy overnight, it is not surprising that slightly less than half the country voted for the business guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or