Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 09:26 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times

Advertisements

I admit it. I heard the polls, but I simply couldn't believe that Americans would ask for more of Obama. Four years ago I really had hope that he might do okay, but I have no hope for him this time around. I fear for my grandkids. I fear for the future of America. I can only hope that Congress and the Supreme Court will keep him from totally destroying our country.

I see that Jessie Jackson, Jr also easily won his seat. I guess performance makes little difference for some. Sad, sad, sad.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:36 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katefrisco View Post
LOL.."Obstructionists"..a convenient word that Dems use for when the Repubs gained control of the House. Never mind that Obama had a House and Senate with a Dem majority for two years The Dems have two years of legislative amnesia.
That has been debunked several times on this forum. The dems did not have 2 years of control over congress - yet you and Fox keep repeating it.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:26 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I heard him say that and I thought it was a stupid thing to say, seeing how he hasn't DONE anything. What comes now had darn well better not be WORSE than what we've already seen. Like I said before, I think we will be at war on our own soil within Obama's next four years because our military is weak and our president thinks he can win terrorists over by being nice to them. They will be in America doing to us - me and you and the others on this forum and the rest of the American people - what they did to Chris Stevens and the Navy Seals in Benghazi. I think it's coming.
I'm praying for you in your alternate universe. Sad. Stop listening to FOX. You will be ever so much better off. Tonight they're showing Obama with 209 EVs, instead of 303. When he gets FL it will be 332, but they can't stand reality, so they create their own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Like someone else said, I was wrong too. I also thought the American people were smarter than to reelect a failure to office.
I am sad 48% of the electorate was willing to elect a lying thief to office. That is what is really sad. Thank heaven we dodged that bullet.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:33 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Default Boy you surely were wrong to vote for Obama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Boy was I wrong! I thought Americans were smarter than that.
I didn't think they were smarter than that; but I was hoping they were. They did it and we will have to all suffer for it until congress does something about it.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:45 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,296,212 times
The last Romney story, about how the campaign got the data so wrong, is still being written and it going to be dramatic. Big donors are furious, not because Romney lost, but because the campaign kept assuring them of victory with “internal data” up until Tuesday afternoon. They showed up in Boston fully expecting to attend a victory party and were humiliated.

The whole GOP apparatus sounds more like a Ponzi Scheme than a political party.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:52 PM

1,985 posts, read 3,318,640 times
The fact of the matter is that the current state of the GOP is that of a circus! They lost because they do not appeal to the needs or ideals of the future voters of America.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:38 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
I was wrong, things aren't going to change for the better.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:08 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Boy was I wrong! I thought Americans were smarter than that.
You were somewhere else for the 2004 election?

Old 11-08-2012, 03:30 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Victorious Obama 'more determined' in face of challenges - NBC Politics

Updated at 4:02 a.m. ET: President Barack Obama won four more years in office on Tuesday, describing his victory over Republican nominee Mitt Romney as a call to action that would help move the U.S. past the difficult times endured during the past four years and promising "the best is yet to come."
yep i was wrong and thought Romney might win.My bad for thinking people would vote for what was good for the country over their own self interest.
I was wrong to think the majority of American would see that spending us into bankruptcy and default was bad
I was wrong to think we are all one country instead of being vilified for making money or being a white male.
\I was wrong to think there was hope for the country
I stand corrected we have no hope only despair and hate for each other,
Majority rules so I now know the opinions of the minority are to be put down ignored vilified and hated . I understand now that although 48% of the people voted against Obama they are to have their concerns ignored and hated for caring about others, I understand it is the government that has to help people since we do why should any of us try to help someone less fortunate. Lets take 98% of all our money to the government and then give it to the people that do not work. So lets all not work since its clear the government helps people not people helping people. Lets kill all babies of poor people so we can stop the cycle and make people who want to save babies lives irrelevant.
Yes I'm part of the 48% who now have no voice no hope and will only be called a racist white old man voter who now has no say and needs to be ignored as irrelevant.
48 percent of us are to be ignored as stupid racist irrelevant god lovers, because the 52 % has no ability to worry about the good of the country over their own self interests

Old 11-08-2012, 06:21 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I was wrong about one thing. Obama did not win with a thin electoral majority (though he looks like he won with a razor thin 51/49 type popular vote, hardly the American people embracing Obama openly) and the Dems kept the Senate. I originally forecast the GOP to take the Senate and the House, but Obama keeps the White House. Then I switched to undecided for the White House and Democrats to keep the Senate, GOP keeps House.

I just can't believe nothing has changed, it's still 99% the same people from 2010. What does that mean? To me, that means the people are uncertain for the future, and decided to stay the course without trying anything new because it seems to have worked out ok since 2010.

I'd also like to take a moment and remind the hardcore Romney supporters on C-D. I told you Romney was not going to win PA .
In 2004, Bush won with a 50.7% to 48.3% popular vote and a razor thin EC victory, and yet, went on to declare he had a mandate to privatize Social Security.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections