U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: So Republicans, who do you blame for your 2nd CRUSHING defeat to Obama?
Barack Obama for fielding an extraordinary campaign and ground game 3 6.52%
The GOP for been an outdated party that is not representative of the new America 15 32.61%
Mitt Romney for been an awful candidate and confusing voters with his myriad stances on all the issues 10 21.74%
Christ Christie for putting his state before politics after Hurricane Sandy 4 8.70%
The Tea Party for alienating mainstream America 11 23.91%
Donald Trump, Karl Rove, Dick Morris, and other clowns 3 6.52%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 09:54 AM

16,568 posts, read 14,024,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
I think the Republicans will bring an Hispanic on the ballot for 2016.
I think the posts here about hispanics are indicative of a larger issue.

In the majority of so called "hispanic" communities there are bigger divides between different groups of hispanics than similarities between them.

Bringing a Cuban on the GOP ticket will do literally nothing for Puerto Ricans, Dominicans or Mexicans.

You know what, I cannot wait for the Republicans to look surprised in 2016 when they still don't get the hispanic vote when they stick some random guy with a vowel at the end of his name on their ticket.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:56 AM

3,890 posts, read 9,539,230 times
What would be the point of blaming? We lost, life goes on. I do not put my success in the hands of politicians, I go grab a slice of it for myself. The business climate may have been marginally improved under Romney, but nothing I cannot overcome on my own.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:56 AM

16,885 posts, read 13,006,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
No one thought it was going to be a landslide for either party. It was always supposed to be a close race. Pundits thought we might not know who won until the early morning hours - or possibly for days.

But it was over earlier than anyone thought. Obama won by almost 100 electoral votes. He also won the popular vote, but it's the electoral votes that count. He won more easily than most people expected.

The Republicans really thought Mittens would win, so it IS a stinging defeat. In 2008 the GOP knew going in that Obama would win, but I really think they thought they could pull this one out.

very true, the electoral college is sort of outdated. if a electoral college is to be in place, we need to have 1 electoral vote per county. that would be a better system than the current one in place.
at least a 3rd party would have a chance to win then.

as far as the OP's poll, I only know of one america that represents the USA, I dont know of any new america.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:37 AM

3,576 posts, read 6,054,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
very true, the electoral college is sort of outdated. if a electoral college is to be in place, we need to have 1 electoral vote per county. that would be a better system than the current one in place.
at least a 3rd party would have a chance to win then.

as far as the OP's poll, I only know of one america that represents the USA, I dont know of any new america.

I don't think we need to change the electoral college. The very reason it was put in place was to give small states some type of said in the election.

We always forget our history lessons. It was a huge debate between large states vs. small states and the electoral college was formed out of compromise.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:07 PM

15,718 posts, read 9,219,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
President Obama's re-election comes as a crushing blow to Republicans and haters all across America. This is incredibly painful for them. I would argue even more painful than John McCain's 08 loss to Obama. They really thought they could pull this one off. They thought their hate, their cynicism, their utter disrespect for the President, their unprecedented level of obstructionism, their all too obvious embrace of racism would be enough to derail this President. They were DEAD WRONG.

America is better than that. The divisive wedge issues that worked for Republicans in the past no longer flies in a new, modern, more diverse America. The southern strategy that worked so well for Republicans in the past is now their biggest handicap. This is the new America. Get used to it Republicans. This country is moving FORWARD.
Hahahaha.......stinging defeat? Hardly. Obama barely won.

You're right about the new American, though. Elections can be bought and paid for, with taxpayer dollars, via regulations and executive orders. Oh, and the folks will still vote for a liar if he gives them free stuff.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:09 PM

15,718 posts, read 9,219,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Bush policies and "Party of NO" was not what Americans wanted. I hope GOP learned from their mistakes.
Well, considering Harry's said NO on a budget and numerous jobs bills, I'd say this is a lie.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:10 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,315,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
FORWARD to more crappy pop music, crappy re-cycled 80s movies, fatter women who can't cook, lazier men who play video games and live with their parents until they're 35, more over-educated humanities majors, less math/science graduates, gender confusion, post-industrial economic stagnancy, creative bankruptcy, the destruction of the nuclear family leading to a selfish moral relativism, the persecution of the innocent and the glorification of the degenerate. FORWARD, indeed.
Oh yeah? What's your major or did you even graduate with a GED?

Old 11-08-2012, 07:01 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,354,603 times
Ha Ha. Republicans still denying reality just as I expected. They are digging their own graves.

The GOP has relegated itself to minority party for years to come. More good news for America.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:05 PM

6,074 posts, read 5,321,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Ha Ha. Republicans still denying reality just as I expected. They are digging their own graves.

The GOP has relegated itself to minority party for years to come. More good news for America.
Help me out here, Mr. Guy. How is it that every seat in the House of Representatives was also up in the recent election, and the reality-denying Republicans had time to not only dig their own graves, but WIN 70% of the seats in the swing states? And preserve nearly all of the gains from the watershed election of 2010? Hmmmm?

Old 11-08-2012, 07:11 PM

29,296 posts, read 39,643,592 times
I blame it on Kid Rock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or