Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: So Republicans, who do you blame for your 2nd CRUSHING defeat to Obama?
Barack Obama for fielding an extraordinary campaign and ground game 3 6.52%
The GOP for been an outdated party that is not representative of the new America 15 32.61%
Mitt Romney for been an awful candidate and confusing voters with his myriad stances on all the issues 10 21.74%
Christ Christie for putting his state before politics after Hurricane Sandy 4 8.70%
The Tea Party for alienating mainstream America 11 23.91%
Donald Trump, Karl Rove, Dick Morris, and other clowns 3 6.52%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 09:11 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Now back to blaming the GOP. The simple fact is hispanics voted in disproportionate numbers for Obama. Not because they agree with his political stance. They dont. These are natural republicans by the way they live their lives and by their culture. HOWEVER the GOP as a party turned their backs on them during the Bush years.

GWB had a plan to build them into the GOP in a major way, and when fellow republicans saw it, they freaked out. Now America is paying the price and there may not be any way to actually repair this damage.

the GOP didnt lose this election. The GOP just cost conservatives 20 years of liberal government.
Maybe the GOP should stop talking about a group like hispanics as if they were one entity. Hispanics are a large ethnic group that includes multiple races, cultures, and income levels. Pretending that the bolded part is true for ALL or even the majority of hispanics is a large part of the problem.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:14 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Maybe the GOP should stop talking about a group like hispanics as if they were one entity. Hispanics are a large ethnic group that includes multiple races, cultures, and income levels. Pretending that the bolded part is true for ALL or even the majority of hispanics is a large part of the problem.
i can accept your words here. I was a bit clumsy in my wording from being in a hurry.

But the facts are that Hispanics have moved to the dem side in large part of the stupid approach to dealing with illegal immagration that the GOP has taken. MANY hispanics who would vote Repubulican based on where there actual politics lie, vote Dem because they feel the democrats are on their side in this one issue. I dont blame hispanics for that at all. I blame the GOP for being stupid about the issue.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:17 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Here are very unlikely words of wisdom: What do you think, those of you on the left?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtcLWrt9NeI

Old 11-07-2012, 09:17 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,783,818 times
I think the Republicans will bring an Hispanic on the ballot for 2016.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:34 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
I think the Republicans will bring an Hispanic on the ballot for 2016.
Until they stop attacking hispanics, they won't.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:35 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
I blame liberals for convincing voters the govt. owes them success.

Romney was right.

Quote:
"All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it. That, that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what."
Consider how different the democrat message is today from 1961.

Quote:
My fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country.
-JFK

This says it all:

Quote:
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.”
― Alexis de Tocqueville

Old 11-07-2012, 09:38 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
President Obama's re-election comes as a crushing blow to Republicans and haters all across America. This is incredibly painful for them. I would argue even more painful than John McCain's 08 loss to Obama. They really thought they could pull this one off. They thought their hate, their cynicism, their utter disrespect for the President, their unprecedented level of obstructionism, their all too obvious embrace of racism would be enough to derail this President. They were DEAD WRONG.

America is better than that. The divisive wedge issues that worked for Republicans in the past no longer flies in a new, modern, more diverse America. The southern strategy that worked so well for Republicans in the past is now their biggest handicap. This is the new America. Get used to it Republicans. This country is moving FORWARD.

what stinging defeat? where is the landslide the democrats predicted? I dont see that happening. bambam got a bit over 1 mil in votes, not a land slide majority of the country by any means.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:46 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
I blame a poorly run campaign on the part of Romney's handlers.
Obama's record and performance was absolutely bad enough to not need any exagerations. Romney lost ground with exagerations.
They could have focused on the fact that Obama made many promises and kept very few.
Romney's campaign was constantly torpedoed by the hard core rabid neocons running their mouths spewing stupidity. Ex A pregnancy due to rape is gods will. I can think of nothing that would burn bridges to the female vote faster than that statement. Romney didn't make the statement but he really did not jump on the idiot hard enough or fast enough.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:50 AM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
what stinging defeat? where is the landslide the democrats predicted? I dont see that happening. bambam got a bit over 1 mil in votes, not a land slide majority of the country by any means.
No one thought it was going to be a landslide for either party. It was always supposed to be a close race. Pundits thought we might not know who won until the early morning hours - or possibly for days.

But it was over earlier than anyone thought. Obama won by almost 100 electoral votes. He also won the popular vote, but it's the electoral votes that count. He won more easily than most people expected.

The Republicans really thought Mittens would win, so it IS a stinging defeat. In 2008 the GOP knew going in that Obama would win, but I really think they thought they could pull this one out.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:51 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Why do I have a feeling that a lot of the voters in this poll are liberals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections