U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 09:26 AM

1,487 posts, read 977,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Well, as a long time Republican, I am very much interested now in the Libertarian party. Could you provide me some good links where I can educate myself?

But I honestly have to say your childish, classeless, tasteless, name calling does NOTHING to sell most people on anything. Just FYI.
I can help you out...it is a list of the most visited libertarian websites.

The Most Visited Libertarian Websites
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 09:29 AM

4,132 posts, read 1,408,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
I can help you out...it is a list of the most visited libertarian websites.

The Most Visited Libertarian Websites
Thank you!!

I will start reading this evening.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:30 AM

7,406 posts, read 2,816,421 times
I kind of like the idea of the Republicans letting all the crazy Tea Partiers and evangelical neo-conservative form a new party. That would let the moderate Republicans rebuild their party to what it used to be before, when we didn't have a dysfunctional, non-compromising House standing in the way of moving this country forward. I liked it days when you go into the voting booth knowing that which ever presidential candidate won, the country would be in good, caring and qualified hands. The Republican field of candidates only had two good candidates this time around and they didn't make it out of the primaries.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:38 AM

121 posts, read 60,890 times
Packing the crazies and racists away into their own party won't work. That's basically what the Tea party was but the people who control the silver purse strings (Koch bros) will force the groups back into a whole or astroturf it because otherwise the Republican vote will be too split to get any candidates voted in.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:50 AM

8,289 posts, read 6,676,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
We need a Cain Party and the mascot could be a Pikachoo
hahahhahahahha!!!

Leave it too us New Jerseyians to still have a "sense of humor"!

Old 11-08-2012, 09:52 AM

1,812 posts, read 853,441 times
Cain just realized that the republican party will never nominate a black man.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:54 AM

30,337 posts, read 7,488,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
hahahhahahahha!!!

Leave it too us New Jerseyians to still have a "sense of humor"!
Well I am from all over the country, only been in New Jersey for the summer. I was raised in Virginia, made Oregon my adult hometown, and migrated to NYC and found myself on the New Jersey side....though I will say, Jersey people get a bad rep, you guys are some great people and I have really enjoyed my time on this side of the Hudson.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:09 AM

7,239 posts, read 7,139,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I kind of like the idea of the Republicans letting all the crazy Tea Partiers and evangelical neo-conservative form a new party. That would let the moderate Republicans rebuild their party to what it used to be before, when we didn't have a dysfunctional, non-compromising House standing in the way of moving this country forward. I liked it days when you go into the voting booth knowing that which ever presidential candidate won, the country would be in good, caring and qualified hands. The Republican field of candidates only had two good candidates this time around and they didn't make it out of the primaries.

Coming from an Obama supporter, Romney was not a bad candidate. He's a smart, polished guy. He only has a very small part in the blame for his loss...the secret video was a bad, that's on him. However, if the President had shown up to the first debate awake, that would have had almost as much value for Obama as the video.

The following things are as or more important than Romney's strength as a candidate
1) refusing to raise taxes on the wealthy, no matter what.
2) A number of frighteningly dumb and/or scary comments by Republican Senate candidates about women.
3)The Republican platform on immigration which many Latinos view as being against them.

I think if you could get Chris Christie on a diet and have him back off a bit on the gruffness, he'd be the perfect candidate for the new GOP post dumping the Tea Party. He can make inroads in the Midwest and Northeast.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:53 AM

886 posts, read 467,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Well, as a long time Republican, I am very much interested now in the Libertarian party. Could you provide me some good links where I can educate myself?:
If you didn't vote for Ron Paul in the primaries then your values probably aren't a libertarian. I think it's funny how all these Republicans who are dissatisfied with their parties election performance are now trying to call themselves libertarian, instead of just voting for better candidates in their own party.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:04 AM

5,447 posts, read 5,261,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
If you didn't vote for Ron Paul in the primaries then your values probably aren't a libertarian. I think it's funny how all these Republicans who are dissatisfied with their parties election performance are now trying to call themselves libertarian, instead of just voting for better candidates in their own party.
Exactly. Gary Johnson also started the race as a Republican and changed horses when he realized he wasn't going to get any support from within his party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections