Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2012, 02:10 PM

66 posts, read 228,110 times

Advertisements

With him in officer, the economy will likely fall much faster than it would have with Romney. Who knows, maybe in 6 months the economy will be fully collapsed and thus all debt would be erased since no one would be able to play it back. Good bye $40k in loans for a poli-sci degree I didn’t realize was worthless until it was too late!

I hate myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 02:59 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,713,551 times
Politics forum is further down the page.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:17 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,454,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Politics forum is further down the page.
Ditto and you should have figured out what you could do with your degree before you got it.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:37 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
Ditto and you should have figured out what you could do with your degree before you got it.
One problem with kids today is they expect things to fall in their laps. Comes from years of having mommy fix everything and make sure life is "fair". Guess what? LIFE AIN'T FAIR.

Time to get a degree you can do something with if you ask me.

Sadly, I can't disagree with the assessment of what will happen now that Obama no longer has to worry about being reelected. We'll get to see his true colors now. I predict a depression. I'm in the process of moving my IRA into Gold and Canadian bonds. Fortunately, I had the foresight to sit on cash before the election so about 40% of my IRA is in cash right now. I'm looking for sell points for the rest. I think this is going to be VERY VERY BAD. I'm looking to just hold on to what I have for the next 4 years.

I have a friend who is a history teacher. He predicted an Obama win and also predicts that he will devestate the economy so badly that it will be a cold day in hell before another democrat is elected.

The people I know who voted for him voted little issues. They voted for him beacause he's for gay rights or abortion, for example, and TOTALLY FORGOT they were electing the LEADER OF OUR COUNTRY. Seriously folks. The president doesn't control issues like gay rights or abortion anyway. His job is to run the country. Do these idiots really think obama is the person for the job given his track record?

I'm battening down the hatches. We're refinancing the house and putting our assets into gold, silver and foriegn currency. For the next four years, I vow to not spend one red cent more than I have to. I know I'm going to need them when the chit hits the fan and as fast as our national debt is growing, that should be in about 2-3 years and it is going to be very ugly.

I'm saving my Romney sign from my yard so I can put it out again in a couple of years with "I told you so" added to the top of it. I am just shocked anyone could vote for Obama given what he's done in the last 3.5 years. We'll get to see how much damage he can do in the next 4.5...and now he doesn't even have to worry about getting elected. It's going to be a free for all.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 11-08-2012 at 04:52 PM..

Old 11-08-2012, 04:46 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkramer View Post
With him in officer, the economy will likely fall much faster than it would have with Romney. Who knows, maybe in 6 months the economy will be fully collapsed and thus all debt would be erased since no one would be able to play it back. Good bye $40k in loans for a poli-sci degree I didn’t realize was worthless until it was too late!

I hate myself.
Well, I'm sorry to hear that.

There's help out there, you know...

Old 11-08-2012, 04:54 PM

488 posts, read 412,589 times
Oh, let it go.

The Powers-That-Be want him there since he can hoodwink everyone into distraction long enough for their bidding to be accomplished. Who earnestly desires this apparent 50/50 split be recognized as reality?

Those who fall prey to analyzing aggravated details miss the message in the overall portrait. Americans have no real eye for art and McLuhan is a name for a Celtic pub as far as they can notice.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:41 PM

66 posts, read 228,110 times
wow, people actually replied to this silly little post. lol.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:08 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
d an Obama win and also predicts that he will devestate the economy so badly that it will be a cold day in hell before another democrat is elected.

The people I know who voted for him voted little issues. They voted for him because he's for gay rights or abortion, for example, and TOTALLY FORGOT they were electing the LEADER OF OUR COUNTRY. Seriously folks. The president doesn't control issues like gay rights or abortion anyway. His job is to run the country. Do these idiots really think obama is the person for the job given his track record?

I'm saving my Romney sign from my yard so I can put it out again in a couple of years with "I told you so" added to the top of it. I am just shocked anyone could vote for Obama given what he's done in the last 3.5 years. We'll get to see how much damage he can do in the next 4.5....
You apparently have a limited sphere of friends, some how I am not surprised. If you know a rep brought our economy to its knees, why would you think the same policies would do better a second time around? and why would you remotely think those policies on steroids would do any good?

The tax breaks Romney proposed would help the rich and devastate the middle class. The revenue stream for the gov would plummet as would spendable income for the middle class. This would dry up manufacturing and jobs, income would fall. and the economy would have been devastated again. I know the numbers would not be good for the US, my degrees are in Economics, business and Psychology.

What has gone on in these 3 years has helped an will continue to do so. So when you see us actually get better... will you then post your Romney sign and admit it was a bad choice should you see the economy pick up?

Old 11-08-2012, 10:56 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
One problem with kids today is they expect things to fall in their laps. Comes from years of having mommy fix everything and make sure life is "fair". Guess what? LIFE AIN'T FAIR.

Time to get a degree you can do something with if you ask me.
Most of this generation, their "mommies work". The days of one worker families has bee over
a long time.
Actually being married with children is no longer even the norm.

In this economy, what field would that be at the college level? Contrary to what you
may think, there is a lack of jobs in every major graduating field, at least at the B.A. Level.

I thought you would already know that, especially if you were a Romney supporter.
It's called a bad economy because there are "not enough jobs"......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections