U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 10:34 AM

16,886 posts, read 12,536,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Election Infographic Shows Most Educated States Voted For Obama | Happy Place The Tribune of the People

Extremely interesting

I guess they're mostly "snobs" in the words of Rick santorum

do you happen to have a more credible link? one that is not always so biased toward the left?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 01:25 PM

1,576 posts, read 2,399,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
do you happen to have a more credible link? one that is not always so biased toward the left?
I guess your credible source is Fox News.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:17 PM

9,964 posts, read 6,097,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Look at the link and read it yourself. New York has More African Americans then Georgia. New York has well over 19 million people.

That does not matter. Only 17% of the people in New York are black. That means Georgia black population is close to New Yorks since 31% of Georgia's population is black.

Last edited by Scotty011; 11-10-2012 at 02:33 PM..

Old 11-10-2012, 02:39 PM

13,819 posts, read 24,545,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Well, no ****. They also have some of the highest populations in the nation. When you have 37 million people living in one state, spending is obviously going to be higher then a state with 5 million people.

Compare Revenue By State for 2011 - Charts

Government revenue in those same states are among the HIGHEST.

Checkmate.
In case you didn't notice...that chart was Welfare Expenditure as a percentage of total GDP. That puts all states on an even playing field. If you want to look at $ spend, period, that is also there, but that does not give every state the same basis.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:51 PM

26,486 posts, read 24,217,574 times
It was pretty evenly divided between college graduates, although Obama did win that group, especially those with advanced degrees.

Presidential Race - 2012 Election Center - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

Old 11-10-2012, 04:29 PM

10,005 posts, read 8,715,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
That does not matter. Only 17% of the people in New York are black. That means Georgia black population is close to New Yorks since 31% of Georgia's population is black.
Uh, New York has the highest African American population in the country. Georgia has a higher % but New York has more African American residents then any other state plain and simple

Old 11-10-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Uh, New York has the highest African American population in the country. Georgia has a higher % but New York has more African American residents then any other state plain and simple

I don't disagree with that. What has that got to do with anything?

Old 11-10-2012, 04:34 PM

Most educated states voted for obama .

Maybe but the educated in those states voted for Romney, and the less educated voted for Obama.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:52 PM

1,297 posts, read 4,022,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
This would also explain why Fox New viewers are rated as least informed. The southern redneck vote is in the tank for the GOP. Just tell them they are all geniuses and all their problems can be blamed on someone else, and they fall right in line. They don't know enough to know they are getting screwed by guys like Rush, Mitt, Rupert, and their Wall Street chronies.
I am one of those so called unedumacated listeners of all you mention and then some. I don't gain a whole lot from Obama and would not from Romney either but I am smart enough to know anything free comes from higher taxes paid by all who earn an income and also know that our country's future is more than just getting free stuff. I graduated high school only and know more people than I would like that mooch off the peoples money for their own personal gain and could care less about the U.S.A.

They think joining the service is only to get a free education and going to war and protecting this country is bull.... and something the GOP does for more oil, etc.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:43 PM

2,106 posts, read 2,625,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Hey, thanks for posting that. I am sick of the ridiculous statements the liberals make. I just looked up my state, a very red state, on your map and it is one of the very lowest in welfare spending. So much for the libs' assertion that the red states are welfare states.
You are correct they surprisngly endorsed Obama, although many in my state that look and "act"" like them were completely Romney.

I was ill informed about them supporting Romney--I approve that message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or