U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-09-2012, 12:16 PM

4,182 posts, read 2,237,613 times

Advertisements

Election Infographic Shows Most Educated States Voted For Obama | Happy Place The Tribune of the People

Extremely interesting

I guess they're mostly "snobs" in the words of Rick santorum
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 01:31 PM

12,252 posts, read 17,093,938 times
Also....the highest welfare states.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:33 PM

3,567 posts, read 1,987,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Also....the highest welfare states.
Which are all southern states who voted for Romney.

It was all the Honey Boo Boo types who voted for Romney.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:10 PM

419 posts, read 372,758 times
This does not fit foxnews narrative....does not compute.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:54 PM

16,201 posts, read 5,603,080 times
Yeah, they are so educated that they never heard about this:

“Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic.” – Benjamin Franklin

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship." - Prof. Alexander Frazer Tytler

Old 11-09-2012, 03:07 PM

5,328 posts, read 2,136,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Which are all southern states who voted for Romney.

It was all the Honey Boo Boo types who voted for Romney.

Not so. It was the Honey Boo Boo and the lower class, less educated, welfare types that voted for Obama. The more wealthy , educated, self reliant people of the red states voted for Romney. The minorities of the red states are Obama supporters

Old 11-09-2012, 03:14 PM

1,865 posts, read 1,042,641 times
The most liberal southern states in the 2012 election are Florida, Virginia and North Carolina. Obama won Florida and Virginia. Romney only won North Carolina by a little over 100,000 votes. 100,000 is not a lot considering NC has 9.6 million people. North Carolina is the 10th largest state by population and is becoming more educated and liberal. It's a stark contrast to South Carolina which has smaller cities, is poorer, less educated and is a deep red state. South Carolina is also the most racist southern state after Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:23 PM

5,328 posts, read 2,136,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
The most liberal southern states in the 2012 election are Florida, Virginia and North Carolina. Obama won Florida and Virginia. Romney only won North Carolina by a little over 100,000 votes. 100,000 is not a lot considering NC has 9.6 million people. North Carolina is the 10th largest state by population and is becoming more educated and liberal. It's a stark contrast to South Carolina which has smaller cities, is poorer, less educated and is a deep red state.

Obama barely squeezed by Virginia and Ohio . Virginia , North Carolina, Florida are traditional conservative states and one election does not change that fact. Ignorance about red and blue states is not an excuse. I have not seen the results for Florida, but I would bet it was very close too. Getting only a little over the half mark is not too much of a victory. BTW smaller cities for a state does not mean it is less educated. PS I have a second home in Western North Carolina in the mountains. Tell me how educated these people are. I know I see them frequently. Talk about red neck.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:29 PM

1,865 posts, read 1,042,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Obama barely squeezed by Virginia and Ohio . Virginia , North Carolina, Florida are traditional conservative states and one election does not change that fact. Ignorance about red and blue states is not an excuse. I have not seen the results for Florida, but I would bet it was very close too. Getting only a little over the half mark is not too much of a victory. BTW smaller cities for a state does not mean it is less educated.
I didn't mean to link less educated with small cities. I was saying states that are less educated and have small cities (no big cities) tend to be more conservative but there are exceptions. Texas has big cities but it's a red state. Also there are small cities in some northern states that have a very intelligent population. Florida is a purple state. It's a very distinctive state. It's in the south, but it's culture is entirely different from the rest of the south.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:36 PM

5,449 posts, read 3,989,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
BTW, which are also among the most "religious"...
Catholic is a religion too, you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections