U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 01:09 PM

269 posts, read 340,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
Yes. And one person is responsible for that: Mitt Romney.

Since the GOP primary and into the general election, the Romney forces made thousands of ads. And 95% of them were negative attack ads. He plays very dirty, and it was pretty much evident the first time he ran for president four years ago in 2008. His M.O. is "tear down your opponent at all costs and spend millions of dollars doing it."

Obama had no choice but to go negative early to counter Romney's strategy.
Oh, come on. If Romney was trying to play dirty - he COULD have. We're talking about a man who's getting flack from his own party about not being aggressive enough. For one - if he was dirty, you'd better believe he would've been pressing Libya onto Obama a hell of a lot more than he did!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 01:11 PM

12,693 posts, read 14,781,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
At least half of Obama's ads were touting his accomplishments such as saving the auto industry, Obamacare, creating 5 million new private sector jobs, ending the Iraq war, and decimating Al Qaeda's leadership. Without even mentioning Flip-Flop Romney's name.
Those are all lies!!!!!

Saved the auto industry = put Americans in more debt that we have ever been in and mortgaged our future. We had no choice in the matter, but we have to pay the bill.

Obamacare = give me a break. Most Americans don't even WANT Obamacare, but again, he is shoving it down our throats whether we want it or not, and again, WE get to pay for it.

Creating 5 million new private sector jobs. Really? Where? There are more people unemployed now than there were when he took office.

Ending the Iraq war. Wasn't it already pretty much over other than removing troops, which GWB already had outlined plans for, and Obama just followed the plan GWB made. That is, AFTER he kept saying he was going to do it as soon as he took office, but then realized once he got in office that GWB was right on the timing.

Decimated Al Qaeda. Yeah right. He had Osama bin Laden killed. That didn't decimate Al-Qaeda, as evidenced by Benghazi on 09/11/2012. Al-Qaeda is as strong as ever and hates us more than ever.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:15 PM

745 posts, read 884,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Those are all lies!!!!!

Old 11-09-2012, 01:16 PM

9,980 posts, read 6,193,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Actually, let's bring this thread back to where the focus should be - on YOU, the members of CD, and the impact it has had on your interpersonal relationships.

This thread is NO longer about the candidates, but about how the person on the street, and on this forum, was impacted socially. Thanks.

I was disappointed because I think we lost some hope of getting this country out of the mess we are in today. I will continue to live my life as usual hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. I hope Obama can do something worth wild, but I am not holding my breath.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:17 PM
YAZ

7,073 posts, read 11,531,532 times
Nobody cares about your Facebook account.

What I've noticed is the extreme division in our society.

This has been the most polarizing election since I've been able to vote.

Wow.

I don't think it's so much about the candidates though.

It's a mindset.

It's not so much as "I hope the president does a good job".

It's more like, "What do I get out of it"?

Or,

"What am I going to lose"?

Old 11-09-2012, 01:18 PM

14,752 posts, read 27,769,632 times
Quote:
Obamacare = give me a break. Most Americans don't even WANT Obamacare, but again, he is shoving it down our throats whether we want it or not, and again, WE get to pay for it.
Ok, have you have friendships fall apart over this election? That was the MAIN question.

Sidebar: Americans who don't want Obamacare don't want it because "I've got mine," correct? How much do you REALLY know about BUYING, as in dutifully and happily writing a monthly check, for medical insurance as a "free agent?"

Old 11-09-2012, 01:19 PM

1,114 posts, read 934,266 times
Default Don't reduce the election to one word, that's too simplistic, even for Republicans

Quote:
Yes, because Obama ran a campaign of REVENGE and instead of saying what HE planned to do. Since he had no record to run on, he instead talked down his opponent. But it was no different than the last four years when he has been blame Bush for everything instead of taking responsibility. Obama, to me, is a small man. He is negative and doesn't know how to appeal to people's sense of higher values/taking the high road, so instead runs on "revenge" and appeals to people who are inward focused instead of outward focused. He is the epitome of a small minded person. Instead of making people what to succeed and become the best they can be, he makes them want "revenge" - revenge for what, I don't know. How do you bring people together if you are telling to vote for "revenge"?
He only said revenge in regard to voting, as in voting is the best revenge. Most likely you are neither poor or non-white so you don't know about Republican attempts to prevent people from voting by requiring picture i.d. sometimes mutiple i.d.'s. Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it didn't happen. In that context, voting IS the best revenge, showing Rebublicans their petty scheme didn't work.

He didn't run a campaign of revenge, he ran a campaign called "moving forward". That's in contrast to the clown show known as the current leaders of the so called Rebuplican party, whose mission was not to advance the United States and it's citizens, but to make sure that Obama was a one term president.

He did say what he plans to do, you just weren't listening, it was Mitt who had a problem with telling us what he would do and explaining the math that would support it.

Bush deseves a lot of blame, he took us to the brink of disaster, even members of his own party, up for election or re-election did not want his endorsement

Obama does want the best for everyone, Mitt dismisses 47% of us.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:19 PM

13,904 posts, read 11,119,583 times
It was horribly devisive, in part because 0bama had months and months to run negative ads, plant seeds, and exploit stuff that he made up, whereas Romney couldn't do anything about it until he was the nominee. Even then, he didn't really do much. Maybe it was too late. 0bama's bootlickers were already spreading and embellishing silly stories that either weren't true or were far removed from what might have started out as truth.

For the most part, libs are extremely gullible. 0bama knows that and took full advantage of it. Of course a lot of it came from his superpacs.

Superpacs should go away, and all candidates should be allowed to campaign during a specific time frame. 0bama's been campaigning for 4 years, but really hard for a year. Romney couldn't do much until he was the nominee and could use party money. And then, he choose to focus on what he could do rather than dispute the lies 0bama had spread. The deflection was impossible to overcome and was downright shameful.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:20 PM

14,752 posts, read 27,769,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Nobody cares about your Facebook account.
I was only using that as a BAROMETER since, before the GOP announced its candidate, most interpersonal relationships didn't delve into politics as much as they did when the final face-off was finally determined.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:20 PM

745 posts, read 884,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Ok, have you have friendships fall apart over this election? That was the MAIN question.

Sidebar: Americans who don't want Obamacare don't want it because "I've got mine," correct? How much do you REALLY know about BUYING, as in dutifully and happily writing a monthly check, for medical insurance as a "free agent?"

In 30 years, Republicans nationwide will be running for office promising to strengthen Obamacare. They'll also claim it was their idea all along. LOL!

4 more years. We did it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or